“I would Not Change it for Any other in Tochni!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vasilopoulos House

Save Saved
You added Vasilopoulos House to your Saves list
Vasilopoulos House
2.0 of 5 Guest house   |   St Constantinou & Elenis 45B, Tochni 7740, Cyprus   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Tochni B&B and Inns
GREECE&CYPRUS
1,408 helpful votes 1,408 helpful votes
“I would Not Change it for Any other in Tochni!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I spent 2 unforgettable nights on my recent trip to Cyprus and because I was in the round area I preferred to book somewhere familiar than getting to another house. My last visit here had to do with the best memories and I am now leaving with even better! The view from the terrace is stunning since the house is built on a slope opposite the historical church of the village.
This 300 year old stone-built structure with the beautiful yard, also made of stone is like an oasis for the guests. It keeps the traditional architecture even though the upper storey was added in 1902.
The hotel is very close to Larnaca (20kms) and I urge tourists visiting Cyprus to come here even for a couple of nights before flying back. There are daily buses coming here and you can get information from the owners.
Many consider Cyprus ideal for beach holidays but the truth is that the real beauty is found in these small villages. It is where you come across the real authentic Cypriots who are warm and very friendly.
The tavern opposite the church gives an alternative if you don’t wish to cook in the house. Besides the warm people I found here excellent food and local cuisine and it is like a meeting point for tourists who come here to dine in the evenings. I only had a snack in the house and dined out here the two nights I was in Tochni.
Vasilopoulos traditional house is a gem in the village ideal for peace and tranquillity. If you love walking, history, relaxing and country life this is the most unique place to visit.
I only wish I could stay longer!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Bergen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Wonderful place, beautiful, ideal for a relaxing holiday in close contact with the atmosphere that only Cyprus can offer.
The small village is very nice and you get thrown into a surreal atmosphere of peace and tranquility.
Strategically situated between Larnaca and Limassol.
Hospitality and peace the keyword.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
GREECE&CYPRUS
1,408 helpful votes 1,408 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

I spent 3 wonderful and unforgettable nights at the House of Vasilopoulos.
After touring the whole village the very first day I consider it to be the best and most beautiful home in Tochni.
The traditional architecture which has been preserved for the past 300 years makes the agrotourism village very unique, but I believe this very house distinguishes from the rest and I have to admit it.
The view from my balcony was the best, as it overlooked the ancient Church of the Saints Constantinos and Eleni, and at the background the sea.
The house is part of an amphitheatrical slope and from the balcony I could not only enjoy the beautiful scenery of the surround area, but also its beautiful garden.
I felt the Real Agrotourism here, and I enjoyed its authentic restoration. It was as if I was visiting my grandmother’s house 70 years back, with a feeling of being in another era. This is what makes it unique here.
I had a small fully equipped kitchen and I loved the idea of the benches under the vine in the garden where I could sit and work.
I loved the human touch of the people of Tochni, and I highly recommend this complex to people who want to relax away from the hectic cities - who want to experience the Real Cypriot Traditional Culture.
I can’t wait to come here again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Vasilopoulos House? Share your experiences!