“My accommodation highlight of the year!” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Hotel Doux Repos
Haute Bodeux, 34, Trois Ponts 4983, Belgium   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Trois Ponts
“My accommodation highlight of the year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

As someone who works in the international motor sports industry, I travel a lot and spend a large amount of my year living out of a suitcase in hotels. The Hotel Doux Repos is undoubtedly my personal accommodation highlight of the year, and I always look forward to staying here when there is an event happening at the nearby Spa-Francorchamps circuit. It's set in an idyllic location where the air is fresh and the ambiance tranquil and peaceful. The real highlight, however, is the food! Every dish has been thoughtfully created, cooked to perfection and presented beautifully. The owners couldn't be any more welcoming, and made all of us feel at home throughout our stay. An absolute joy and pleasure to stay here, and I hope to return again soon.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ghent, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We spent two nights in Hotel Doux Repos. The name says it all. Here, everything is quiet. The surroundings are quiet. The beds are perfect. The owners are kind. There is a cosy room with comfortable seats where you can have a drink or read a book. The 'look' of the hotel is very 'seventies', which is not surprising, as it was opened at that time. Everything is a bit old fashioned, but also that has its charm. We ate there one night (the menu). That was okay, but for sure, there are better restaurants to visit in the region. The breakfast, on the other hand, was splendid. Home made juice, perfectly boiled egg, different kinds of cheese, ham, ...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

My husband visited this hotel with friends whilst on a motor bike tour of the "battle of the bulge", he came home raving about the hotel & the food.
We returned to the hotel for 2 nights, a warm welcome was given to us on arrival, we immediately ordered some drinks so that we could sit out on the balcony admiring the beautiful view. The hotel is in the middle of no where in truly gorgeous surroundings.
The room its self was ok in size, clean and had every thing we needed, including loads of hot water, if you want luxury this is not the hotel!, if you want charming surroundings a really comfy bed and good service it is.
The food was amazing, great wine the steak was truly beautiful, just melted in the mouth, and the scampi ( our prawns ) were marvellous, so much so I had exactly the same food on the second night!.
The lack of luxury was certainly compensated for by the warm, friendly welcoming service, the owner even sent me home with fresh nuts from the garden to make my own liquor.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have great views!, the garden rooms have shutters that make the rooms very very dar...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Essex, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

We stayed here by chance through the kindness of some poeple who organised a motor racing event nearby at Spa-Francorchamps. The weekend was quite wet and we were saved from staying in a tent over the bank holiday.

After finding our way through the b-roads and then on to country lanes, we found the hotel in a secluded location with no sound of traffic or other noises. The surrounding is rural with good views over the hilly landscape, like I say it was wet and misty during our stay so the full beauty of the countryside couldn't be appreciated. Our party of four shared two rooms each with a double bed that were comfortable. The decoration is a bit quirky but this didn't cause us a problem - it adds to the charm of the place.

The outstanding part of our stay was the food served for the evening meal. It was so well cooked and presented I can honestly say I have not tasted food like that before. We had a 4 course dinner on each of the three nights of our stay and it could not be faulted. If you are more widely travelled then you might not agree but for me it was very good and I tried dishes I would not normally go for.

As I found out on the day we left, the chef is one half of the couple that run the hotel. Both are very charming and ever so helpful. The dining room also has a veranda where you could sit outside to eat and during warmer weather I think this would be the best way to enjoy meal times. Breakfast was the continental type with plenty of everything.

There is a well stocked bar and good wine list with several areas where you can enjoy pre-dinner drinks i.e. lounge, conservatory or verenda.

Overall I would recommend this hotel for its rural location and the above average quality of food.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Brugge, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

We have just stayed 1 night in hotel Doux Repos in Haut-Bodeux, 6 km from the city of Trois Ponts.If you like a hotel in a very quiet location, with a nice view over the Ardennen, then this is the place for you. It is a typical hotel from the region and it has a lot of charm. Breakfast is very tasty with specialities of the region. The hotel has a lovely terrace with view over the mountains and the garden. The room and bathroom are small, but you have all you need. The beds are too soft, what can cause pain in the morning. But we liked the environment, so quiet, and the terrace with a lot of flowers, and the very tasty breakfast. The hotel is a bit out of the way, if you need shops or resto's, but with a car it is not too far. The hotel is in a central location to visit the environment, like Monschau in Germany, or other places in the Ardennen, like the cascade of Coo, Spa, Durbuy....

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Doux Repos? Share your experiences!