“SUPER .... AS ALWAYS” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Tux
Oeselgem, Belgium
“SUPER .... AS ALWAYS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

It always feels like coming home in Tuxerhof. The staff remains the same since al these years and together with the family Schneeberger they make the atmosphere very pleasant and professional ! The Hexenkessel in front of the hotel is a perfect apres-ski bar for a family with teenagers !

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed one night in the end of september, passing through on the way to the Hintertux Gletcher. Friendly service and excellent rooms. We came to the region to ski, and did not bring a suit, jacket or dress. A few annoying regulations in the restaurant in the evening with dresscode and how to behave regarding to mobilphones was not what we expected in surroundings like these. We simply solved the problem by going elsewhere to have dinner in the evening.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Before going on vacation I try to do my homework quite thorough in order to get the most ouf of my vacation. Finding a good hotel is one of the most important parts of the job.

When I find something that exceeds or does not meet my expectations I write a review. Tuxerhof exceeded my expectations. I knew before I arrived at the hotel that it was an excellent hotel (Strange that it is under B&Bs at Tripadvistor, because it is a hotel) with many awards. The food was told to be very good. It was located close to a lift and it had a nice pool and SPA area. When going to the alps skiing I really appreciate all this.

So, knowing this from the start how did the Tuxerhof exceed? First the generosity. Half bord was not half board. It was full board. The hotel had an excellent lunch buffet each day which was included in the price. Every night there was some kind of buffet. It could be a starter buffet, desert buffet och cheese buffet. This concept has been adapted by most hotels in the alps, but the difference this time was that each buffet was really extraordinary. Everything they served was really delicious. The afternoon tea was the best I have seen as well with many different cakes to choose from and everything included in the price.The breakfast was in line with all other meals at the hotel.

Secondly I would say that the pool and SPA area is the best I have seen so far in the Alps. The architect behind this has really made an effort to make it into something special and it is well kept an never crowded even though we we stayed at the hotel during a peak season.

Finally I would like to highlight the staff of the hotel. When staying at the hotel you got the impression that the management had made a very good job in finding motivated personell, proud of working at an excellent hotell and doing their very best making all guests feeling at home. The owners were out every evening talking to every single guest. A proof that it is an excellent hotel is that most of the guests were regulars that came back year after year.

This hotel has a big heart. It is a hidden gem and the fact that it is under B&Bs makes it even more so.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were there and felt immediately like at home. The warmth and friendliness are very pleasant
Immediately upon arrival, the stress from. You feel just probably. The great wellness area plays a key role in. The hotel facilities, the food and the great wines sweeten the stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
München
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

A family run hotel with very thoughtful and friendly staff. Food is excellent (I could even say opulent on some occasions), all kinds of extra wishes go without saying and are fulfilled with a smile. The rooms are comfortable and appealingly traditional and stylish at the same time (on an alpine basis, of course!). Look what's going on on the ceiling when you switch off the lights at night! It might seem to you you were dozing off under a starry sky ... The spa is also gorgeous, and if you come in winter, the next ski-lift is only a stone's throw away. Nice fun area for kids.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hasselt, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I have been coming here already 10 years and it still surprises me sometimes how the staff and the owners really take care , even for the little things .
Super hotel, very good food and please spend some time in the spa !!!

Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

This is our 4th time to stay at this hotel, and definitely last time. We have spent thousands of EURO at this hotel, and this time, the owner (an old woman) was SHOUTING at us because of 49.00 euro. Can you image that?

I (Female) booked a massage treatment as usual, but they arranged a masseur for me. They didn’t tell me anything about it, and I was expected to have a masseuse as always. When I went to SPA area, I saw the masseur, and I told him that I felt sorry but I couldn’t accept a masseur to make whole body oil massage for me. Then the receptionist asked if I would like to cancel the booking, and I said yes.

When we checked out, I found out that they charged me for this 90 minutes treatment, even I didn’t have the massage. I told the receptionist I couldn’t accept it, because I wanted to have the treatment, but not from a masseur. And then an old woman (the owner) came to the counter, and shouted at me: “this is your problem if you don’t feel comfortable with a masseur, because it’s very normal for us. This is like when you have allergy against something, so if you don’t tell us in advance, then it’s your own problem. I can’t take care of your feeling”.
Then I said: “Ok, if I had to pay anyways, why didn’t you tell me at that time? If you would have told me, then I would have chosen another treatment instead of paying it for nothing.
And the old woman said: “This is common sense that you have to pay whole treatment when you cancel it at the last minute, you should have known it, and if you don’t know, then it’s your problem.”

I couldn’t stand how she talked to me anymore, and we started to argue.

Seriously, I am not exaggerating anything: she was shouting at me from the first sentence of conversation, and she kept saying “this is your own problem” to me, and gave no apology. At the end, she agreed that we paid 50% of the treatment (49.00 euro) for this treatment.

However, she was really angry and then she walked away in the middle of our conversation. Hello??? I couldn’t believe what I have seen, she is 65 (I guess), but still acted like 3…

How a hotel treats their customer complaints shows the quality of the hotel.

By the way, there are some smalls things, too:
1. the waitress, who never smiles, forgot our red wine while dinning (completely forgot)
2. the waiter forgot our HOT chocolate while breakfast (completely forget, too), after reminding him, he brought us COLD chocolate..
3. All showers in sauna are not good anymore (the water temp. is not working normal, cold-hot-cold-hot, however you adjust it...).
4. In general, the service is not as good as previous stays.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Alpin Spa Tuxerhof? Share your experiences!