“hotel, food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Tux
Moscow, Russia
“hotel, food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were there and felt immediately like at home. The warmth and friendliness are very pleasant
Immediately upon arrival, the stress from. You feel just probably. The great wellness area plays a key role in. The hotel facilities, the food and the great wines sweeten the stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
München
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

A family run hotel with very thoughtful and friendly staff. Food is excellent (I could even say opulent on some occasions), all kinds of extra wishes go without saying and are fulfilled with a smile. The rooms are comfortable and appealingly traditional and stylish at the same time (on an alpine basis, of course!). Look what's going on on the ceiling when you switch off the lights at night! It might seem to you you were dozing off under a starry sky ... The spa is also gorgeous, and if you come in winter, the next ski-lift is only a stone's throw away. Nice fun area for kids.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hasselt, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I have been coming here already 10 years and it still surprises me sometimes how the staff and the owners really take care , even for the little things .
Super hotel, very good food and please spend some time in the spa !!!

Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

This is our 4th time to stay at this hotel, and definitely last time. We have spent thousands of EURO at this hotel, and this time, the owner (an old woman) was SHOUTING at us because of 49.00 euro. Can you image that?

I (Female) booked a massage treatment as usual, but they arranged a masseur for me. They didn’t tell me anything about it, and I was expected to have a masseuse as always. When I went to SPA area, I saw the masseur, and I told him that I felt sorry but I couldn’t accept a masseur to make whole body oil massage for me. Then the receptionist asked if I would like to cancel the booking, and I said yes.

When we checked out, I found out that they charged me for this 90 minutes treatment, even I didn’t have the massage. I told the receptionist I couldn’t accept it, because I wanted to have the treatment, but not from a masseur. And then an old woman (the owner) came to the counter, and shouted at me: “this is your problem if you don’t feel comfortable with a masseur, because it’s very normal for us. This is like when you have allergy against something, so if you don’t tell us in advance, then it’s your own problem. I can’t take care of your feeling”.
Then I said: “Ok, if I had to pay anyways, why didn’t you tell me at that time? If you would have told me, then I would have chosen another treatment instead of paying it for nothing.
And the old woman said: “This is common sense that you have to pay whole treatment when you cancel it at the last minute, you should have known it, and if you don’t know, then it’s your problem.”

I couldn’t stand how she talked to me anymore, and we started to argue.

Seriously, I am not exaggerating anything: she was shouting at me from the first sentence of conversation, and she kept saying “this is your own problem” to me, and gave no apology. At the end, she agreed that we paid 50% of the treatment (49.00 euro) for this treatment.

However, she was really angry and then she walked away in the middle of our conversation. Hello??? I couldn’t believe what I have seen, she is 65 (I guess), but still acted like 3…

How a hotel treats their customer complaints shows the quality of the hotel.

By the way, there are some smalls things, too:
1. the waitress, who never smiles, forgot our red wine while dinning (completely forgot)
2. the waiter forgot our HOT chocolate while breakfast (completely forget, too), after reminding him, he brought us COLD chocolate..
3. All showers in sauna are not good anymore (the water temp. is not working normal, cold-hot-cold-hot, however you adjust it...).
4. In general, the service is not as good as previous stays.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Excellent facility ...great location.. very friendly and helpful staff. (But then the Austrians are all so very friendly) We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment across the street from the main hotel in August at a very good rate. Very clean and roomy apartment that actually had 2 double bedrooms and 1 single bedroom, 2 full bathrooms, (1 ensuite). 2 balconies with a great view of the Alps ..and a full kitchen with fridge/stove, dishwasher and all other required appliances/utensils. We were also given full spa privileges at the hotel including robe, towels and slippers which was very welcoming after a long hike in the hot August sun. Very nice spa ..the saunas are naked but there is a family sauna area as well. This valley is beautiful.... the Alps towering all around, they were still skiing on the Hintertuxer glacier in August ..there are more hiking trails that you could ever want, amazing views, ice caves, waterfalls, just spectacular.

Room Tip: The apartments are a great deal.. much less than the hotel ..but you still get spa privileges.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

A great family run hotel. A really relaxing spa area inside and a wonderful place to hike or ski

• Stayed June 2010
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

Reading the previous review made us worry if we made the right choice ... - but by all means Tuxerhof exceeded our expectations ... - of course this is not a 5 * singing & dancing bling Hotel - it is a family orientated very well run place....

Greatest asset - the staff which can`t do enough to make you stay pleasant and comfy ... -

Great rooms .. we opted for a garden suite, open fireplace in room, nice balcony, cosy bed ... all the trimmings ...

Surprisingly good food ... at certain evenings near to 1 Michelin star .. - but throughout the week consistent in quality and presentation ..

2 min from lift to nearby ski arena - 20 min to glacier where the "grown ups" can do heavy duty skiing .. - great "fun-park" for boarders and carvers on top of mountain..

The Hotel gears to families so again could not understand comments about not Kid-friendly at all ... - quite the opposite ... !

If there would be one area to improve that would be the indoor pool which is a bit small and can be quite "full & loud" if all the youngsters return after a hard day on the slopes ...

All in all a place i would fully recommend for an activity filled week - great for skiers of all levels ... go for it !

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Alpin Spa Tuxerhof? Share your experiences!