You will be disappointed if you were unable to book a place in this very popular guesthouse and had to stay elsewhere in the resort.
I stayed here for one week during the February half term break with my son along with 30 or so other people from all over Europe; the main factor that attracted me to the place was the positive reviews for the guesthouse and enthusiasm shown for the hosts.
The rooms are compact, very warm and ensuite with piping hot showers and possibly one of the nicest beds that I have slept in. Despite the wide range in age groups staying here the hotel has good soundproofing and guests were able to come and go late at night without disturbing each other.
The hosts are lovely people who try hard to make you feel welcome; their two small boys treat you like friends and request help with pouring juice for them at breakfast or even helping them put on their ski boots!! It is a nice touch to have two boys who are so comfortable with adults.
Emma took the time to speak to us every day and made me feel very welcome and also her local knowledge was very useful.
The food is superb, it is varied and cooked to perfection.
The rooms are clean as is the whole hotel.
The ski bus stops are 10 minute walk away in ski boots or 5 minutes in normal footwear.
What could be done to make my stay better?
(1) Kettle in my room, or free coffee/tea served from 4.00- 5.30pm in the bar area. Not an expensive addition but might encourage people to gather and then stay to drink the huge variety of beers on offer.
(2) Bread served at the table with the soup, some of my fellow guests often left the table still hungry after a day of skiing. The large bowls of salad were welcome.
The best things about the hotel.
(1) Emma and Chris, a well oiled slick machine that made our stay brilliant.
(2) Cosy setting with nice ambiance.
(3) Warm bootroom
(4) Smoke free and wi-fi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Haus Alpenblick was established as a guest house in 1930 and has been family run since then. Bought in 2002, by Emma and Chris, this beautiful pension is further evolving into a lovingly restored guesthouse full of life and the mouthwatering aromas of home cooking. The 24 guest rooms are all different and offer cosy country charm. Many regular guests see this lovely holiday destination as a home away from home. Being originally from Australia and New Zealand, both Emma and Chris have a strong love of nature and upon visiting Kirchberg found the call of the mountains was too strong to leave. They settled with a dream to offer, heartfelt and open guest friendliness to other travellers who enjoy the mountains, love travel and enjoy great food. Kirchberg is a real jewel in the Alps and a breathtaking area of the Tyrol. In 2009 Chris started a long and extensive training as a Beer Sommelier and Beer has now become a speciality of the house and beer tasting holidays are now very popular at Haus Alpenblick. If you are looking for a Holiday in Kitzbuehel, at Haus Alpenblick you are sure to be well looked after and enjoy personalised informal service that makes for a memorable holiday! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Pension Haus Alpenblick Hotel Kirchberg