“Bestes Backhendl in in Tirol! Still true, but...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Biohotel Stanglwirt

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Going
Biohotel Stanglwirt
You added Biohotel Stanglwirt to your Saves list
Kaiserweg 1, Going 6353, Austria   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Going
Munich, Germany
“Bestes Backhendl in in Tirol! Still true, but...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

It's our local, so we love to eat there! Last night we ordered very traditional food, Backhendl and Wiener Schnitzel.
Chicken was perfect, Schnitzel was sort of ok but would not have scored in Vienna or Berlin...
The lambs lettuce (Vogerl) served with the excellent potatoe salad was sad and wilted with no roots cleaned off.
The Rost potatoes which I ordered with my Schnitzel were swimming in cookin oil...
Is the B-team cooking in the low season?

The service was perfect and made up for most of the kitchens very untypical shortcomings!

We'll be back nevertheless...

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Malden, NL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I came here for about the 15th time and I have written two earlier reviews about this hotel. It is always a pleasure to be here. This time I had a very nice suite with plenty of space. A luxurious, very large bath room, big bed room, and nice sitting room. The internet has improved a lot as compared to earlier years and is fast without any problem. The swimming area has been completely renewed and to me is is amazing. All other facilities are also without any doubt fantastic. I think it tells all, if I say that I did not leave the hotel for 5 days! But if you are a skier there are plenty of opportunities as well. The only point that I would like to bring up is that there is no comfortable desk to work in the room, but probably most people who visit this hotel are there for vacation and not for work.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My friend and I have just returned from Stanglwirt, the hotel was excellent, staff very helpful, the rooms were spotless, lovely bathrooms and walk in wardrobes. We had some great food, we had booked breakfast and dinner (half board) but on arriving there we were told that if you had booked half board a free buffet lunch was provided everyday which was a nice suprise! We went for the horse riding, the stables are immaculate and our two horses were well behaved, we had a lovely ride out in the snow. Completely magical. The thermal pools and outdoor swimming pool provided relaxation after the horse riding. Would definately recommend this hotel and we are both looking forward to going back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Malmö
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

A really nice and unique experience. I wonder if there is any similar any place else? You just have to admire the vision of the owner. Its a combination of an classic rustique alp hotel and a 5 star luxury hotel. Food and service is excellent. Pool area and gym are great. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is my third visit to the Stanglwirt and I would recommend it to anyone. Yes it is slightly tricky to get to (boats, planes and automobiles) but well worth the effort. The reception ladies and wait staff are all in their lovely Austrian balcony dresses and the rooms are like very high end ski chalets with all the traditional alpine trappings but with the addition of wifi and flat screen TV's. If you arrive before three be prepared to wait for your room regardless of season as this place is always busy. I think the food is fine but it is not the reason to come here - the view from the room and the wellness facilities are really top notch and for those of a carefree persuasion the sauna areas seem remarkably textile free. Good job guys.

Room Tip: Not sure I can I have always booked a bio studio which is ample for me and the view is always the sa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've been there twice, it's definitely one of the best places I've been over the years.
It's amazing how close you're to the main street without any kind of disturbing noise!
Very good service (apart from the fact that most of the staff doesn't speak english!), fantastic food, amazing breakfast and nice afternoon snack.
Rooms are great, as well as SPA, Sauna area and so on ..
Only thing that I really can't stand are the 2 Sharks swimming in a definitely small aquarius.
Perfect all year long relaxing place!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

If you want to have a break, enjoy couple of days in very pleasant luxury and are ready to pay the price, you need to come here. And it really does not matter in which season. You will love it and planning to come back soon. Tenis, golf, hiking and swimming in summer, skiing in winter, not mentioning all activities indoor.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Biohotel Stanglwirt? Share your experiences!