“scary rude invading into the room by hotel staff” 1 of 5 stars

You added Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg Hotel Jagdhof to your Saves list
Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg Hotel Jagdhof
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schloss Strasse 1, Hof bei Salzburg 5322, Austria   |
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
“scary rude invading into the room by hotel staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is my email to the General Manager Mr. Paul Kernatsch..regarding the subject problem..sent AUGUST 13

Hi...

Please be advised that what happened today made me very sick..someting not acceptable at all by Sherston..laying in bed having nap and suddenly without any clue I received a call from reception late which is not even chicking out time asking us to leave with rude languge while we already asked for extention upon arrival and the receptionist agreed and offered us upgrade accordingly as we are staying long period...so it was clear from the bigining that we are staying untill the 18 th.. then immediately afer the call , the front office manager Miss Daniela Philipp, tried to get into the room and pushing the door trying to get in , is this profissional attitude??!!! My husband went immediately to reception to have an explanation!!!! After solving the problem again 2 house keeping staff a man and a woman invaded the room shouting and asking me to leave the room immediatly as per instructions from reception .. and they did not want to leave untill I told them I will complain to GM.. then I called you( the GM Mr. Paul Kernatsch) and explained to you...20 minutes later the mini bar man entered the room without notice while I am in the entrance not covered properly..I told him you should knock the door and wait at least view seconds untill you make sure no guest there..he shouted unpolitly..I noticed house keeping staff during my stay always get into the room without notice and permit.this hapened also the first day...they just invade the room..also..we had terrible check in and waisted a lot of time..also they served me pork at dinner with hard steak as a rock although I assure them 3 times ...it was terrible stay ..they kept saying sorry which will never heal the scary action ..now I am too sick of them to the point I cant see any of the rude staff..cant relax at all..defenetly this ruined my holiday...please I need your action as GM ...I want to move to the other hotel to be away from seing them and continue having pain..and cant eat or sleep...or you let us check out and leave without charges...please I need immediate reply before getting more sick and miss sleeping.....We were in Vienna Sofitel and the staff were extremely professional and polite to the point I asked to meet the GM Mr Moj Alexander and thank him in person and sent an email of appreciation to the mother company which also will be posted in Tripadisor ...this is what I usually do and I thought I will do the same at this hotel as a Sheraton.!!!..it seems that that receptionest did not update the system and they where in trouble today having over booking and wanted to solve their mistake by invading our room in a tough scary rude way!!! Their scary action is not acceptable by Sheraton mother company. .

"after all that scary actions by staff , reception staff admitted that it was their mistake as they did not update the system and our reservation was accurate".

STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER FROM THE GENERAL MANAGER; MR PAUL KERNATSCH ???????!!!!!!!!!!

in addition to that while reservation staff said that the room is overlooking the lake with lake view and after arrival they said ""the trees hiding the seen so you cant see the lake``..kind of missleading..other wise I would not chose to stay here and would have choose another hotel with real lake view..
I informed them it is our wedding anniversary and that how they react!!!!!!!!

the bed comforters and belows are dated and over used.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Claudia3567, Manager at Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg Hotel Jagdhof, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your time explaining the difficulties during your stay at Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg Hotel Jagdhof which were caused by mistakes on both sides as discussed with our husband. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience caused by a misunderstanding on the front desk on our side. Based on your message we reviewed the relevant occurrences with our team to ensure our high quality standard. We are very happy that our compensation (complimentary massage and complimentary dinner) obtained your agreement and you extended your stay in our hotel.

We thank you very much for your feedback, which constantly helps us to further improve our services.

Paul J. Kernatsch

179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

What a beautiful area of Austria. Just minutes outside of Salzburg this hotel has it all. Excellent restaurants and golf. We were there during a unprecedented heat wave in Austria and the rooms are not climate controlled. No worries however when the sun went down and the cool lake air came up the rooms were fine by bedtime.

• Stayed August 2013
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel itself is really nice and comfortable. We stayed at a junior suite which was very comfortable with planty of space. Bathroom was real nice with shower and a big tub.
I stayed there as a SPG member so I receievd some small freebies every day.
The hotel is a bit far from Salzburg so if you are making a reservation keep that in mind.
I would recommend to stay there during winter, the area is very nice when covered in snow.
The on site restaurant is ok. If you going to eat there, you have to try their fish. They tend to use a bit more salt of my liking which was a bit dissapinting, but overall it was an ok restaurant.

The lack of free wi-fi is a let down, but all Sheraton location charges extra for wi-fi. They had an in-room cafee maker with a very good coffees, that was a big plus for me. Kids broke the cofee maker and hotel did not charge for it:)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed one night at this property. The rooms were spacious - nothing spectacular but fit the surrounding. It was well appointed homey/Austrian. The service was good and the breakfast tasty albeit pricey. There was a spa which we did not use

• Stayed July 2013
Staffordshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were booked in here for two night recently but only stayed for one. Partly due to the terrible weather and partly due to the fact we found this hotel lacking in several areas. First of all it is no where near Salzburg. Secondly they charge you for wi-fi....also there is no air conditioning so you have to open the door to the balcony but this means letting in the tabacco from the guests sat on their balcony next door who also sat there talking very loudly until midnight....we had booked non smoking rooms so this was to say the least annoying. There is a vent for the central heating system that sounds like a plane landing on the hotel that was positioned somewhere outside our room and went off sporadically throughout the night...we know this because we lay awake listening to it most of the night.....the whole hotel seemed very dated and smelled of mildew. We were looking forward to fresh air and peace. We booked out after one night and went to Munich. Which actually was a whole lot quieter....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very professional staff and the hotel is spotless. The room was huge, so was the bathroom. The pool (indoor) was very tranquil and relaxing. It's about 25 min drive outside of Salzburg and 10 min from Fuschl, next town with a lot of restaurants. Hotel has a bar with food and the Jagdhof restaurant next door. The Osteria Restaurant was closed while we were there. Definitely need a car to go exploring or go to other restaurants. Overall very satisfied with the place.

• Stayed June 2013
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel in the mountains, ideal for some relaxing days with a beautifull view (lake and mountains), nice restaurant, great staff.

To improve: replace the coffee machine in the rooms, to difficult and too much problems, put some extra wifi hotspots in the hotel, in room 381 it was very poor and take care about the chairs of the swimmimg area.

Stayed June 2013

Been to Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg Hotel Jagdhof? Share your experiences!