“Great location and people” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Barry Memle

You added Hotel Barry Memle to your Saves list
Hotel Barry Memle
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Klagenfurter Strasse 26, Velden am Woerthersee, Austria   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tirgu Mures, Romania
“Great location and people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We were there a family of three for four nights.
We received a very nice, modern and clean room, in fact an apartment with toilet, bathroom and kitchen equipped with all necessary.
There is free wifi with a good speed for who is interested.
Overall... GREAT !

Stayed February 2014
Peter2704, Inhaber at Hotel Barry Memle, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear "Xdmat"
Thank you so much for your kind recension!
Many greetings right from the lake!
Peter Barry & Team!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Prata di Pordenone, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Yes, you have to pay extra for breakfast (7 Euro) but it's worth it. Good selection of everything. Especially tasty selection of different breads.
I was disappointed in the price that was charged for our accommodation. I have since contacted the hotel and they offered me a discount on my next stay but since I don't expect to go back to Velden that most likely won't happen.
I had booked this hotel for just one night since our adult children were visiting from the US for Christmas. We wanted to experience a nice Christmas market and chose Velden. Btw, we went to the much nicer Klagenfurt Christmas market after all since there was not much to the Velden Christmas market at all. Rather disappointing, I might add.
However, I had booked 2 double rooms for the 4 of us. Upon arrival, we were shown the first room, which wasn't just a room but an apartment with 2 bedrooms; 1 regular size and one a little smaller. It was a cozy and warm apartment. The 2nd one was also an apartment, quite far from the first but didn't
look nearly as cozy and was fairly cold. Since we all fit in that 1st one and wanted to spend time with our children anyway, we declined on the 2nd room. When I paid the next morning, I had to pay for the 2nd room anyway. The lady explained to me that prices were calculated per person and not per room. I let it go right then since I was coming down with a terrible cold and just wanted to go back home. After our children left, I was going to write this review and checked my reservation confirmation again. When I saw that the price quoted was indeed per room, like I thought and not per person, like the hotel management claimed, I contacted the hotel directly with the already mentioned result.
Other than that, the stay at the hotel was ok. The spa area is small; pool not big enough to exercise in. It was nice to sit in the sauna and get warm again after a cold day. Staff is friendly and will come right away when you call the house line in case no one is at the front desk. There is a pretty good selection of dvds for rent, I think I remember they are only 1 Euro a piece.
All in all I could recommend this aparthotel since it is right on the lake. It must be nice in the summer. If you plan on coming in the winter time and want to visit a Christmas market, I'd rather recommend Klagenfurt.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Peter2704, Inhaber at Hotel Barry Memle, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Hello Anna!
Thank you so much for your nice comments and staying with us!
Please note:
Our rates are general guilty per room or apartment and not per person.
as ever comminicated to you!
Hope to see you soon
Peter Barry & Team
Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed three days ago my friend, my single room is lovely with the lake view and ir is a double because it's very large... Quality of sleep is excellent. Everything is very cleaned... Price very good but THE reception is desert everytimes. This service is bad... For THE rest it's ok. I came back here in may

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Peter2704, Inhaber at Hotel Barry Memle, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hello Cristiano!
Thank oyu for yor comment.
Please note: If our reception is not busy, please call us with the reception telephone there. We are coming i at once everytime. Sure! You just need to call us.
Many greetings right from the lake
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had read the previous reviews so knew there was a chance I wouldn’t get a great room. I had still hoped for a room with a lake view as it was low season, but I was put in a bungalow half way up the driveway with a view of a concrete court yard. It was very spacious and clean however there were air-freshener devices in the room which were over powering. I had to open all the windows to try and make the smell bearable, but unfortunately this let in some rather large mosquitoes (it was a very cold October so a little odd).
It was a cheap night though so I can’t really complain. The staff was friendly and the breakfast room has a lovely view of the lake. It is about a 15min walk from the station, a similar distance to the little town and there are two supermarkets within walking distance. If you just need a cheap night as a stop over and want self catering then stay here, but don’t stay here if you are after a nice room with lake views.

Room Tip: I asked for one with a lake view when I booked but didn't get it. Maybe try to get them to guara...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Peter2704, Inhaber at Hotel Barry Memle, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear "Explorer S"
I am so sorry about your disappointment.
Please note you can also book wonderful rooms with direct lake view at us.
The only thing you need is to tell us, that you want to have such a room even also for one night...
Ich hope we can conovince you next time!
Peter Barry & BARRYs Team
Landgraaf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We slept here for 1 night on our way to Croatia. But boy did we regret not staying here longer!
Everyone was very friendly and helpfull. The receptoinist showed us our room personally, then when we were hungry she helped us find a restaurant. Actually she went trough alot of trouble for us, she checked the book with all the nearby restaurants, then asked what we were looking for, and then even googled some stuff for us. All in all VERY helpfull and friendly staff.
Our room was awesome aswell, was a sort of appartement - hotel hybrid room with a kitchenette, but still with all the hotel services. Had a nice Nepresso machine for some decent coffee, and you can get the cups downstairs at the reception, for the actual cost price you would pay at Nepresso.
Our room had an awesome view over the lake with a nice spacy balcony with chairs and everything. The shower was basic but did it's job, was big enough for me, and I'm a pretty big guy.
Also has a small welness area in the basement with a lock on it so only hotel guests can enter it! And we loved it, has a sauna, infrared cabine, and a massage chair and if not mistaken also a tanningbed.
The breakfast was also pretty good, alot of choice, fresh coffee, fresh bread, everything you could wish for, including again some more friendly staff to be of assistance. The breakfast room is also one of the most beautifull one's I've seen in hotels so far. It has alot of glass all around which gives you a splended view over the lake, while enjoying your morning coffee/breakfast.
Also if you come by car there is a nice parkingspace with enough room.

And last but not least: When you checkout you get a few little presents and some postcards to show your relatives when arriving home. It's not much, but it shows how hard they try, and succeed!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Peter_Barry_Memle, Inhaber at Hotel Barry Memle, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hello Fredjeereeeeee !
Thank you so much!
Your are so kond and politeful!
Hope to see you again soon.
Peter Barry and Team
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I would describe it in one word .... Wonderful Hotel
- Very nice and welcoming team.
- Honest people (We lost something and they sent it back to my address)
- Smiley.
- Value for money.
- Amazing view from the balcony, so make sure to get it.

Room Tip: Make sure to take the room with the direct view on the lake, because it's amazing !!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Peter_Barry_Memle, Inhaber at Hotel Barry Memle, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Hello Mr. Qusai!
Thank you so much for your wonderful cimments!
Many greetings and 1.ooo thanks again from all of our BARRY-MEMLE Team
right at th e lake Wörthersee
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Friendly staff, and i really appreciate their assistance in giving me a good room facing the lake, the room number was 25, located in the main kobby building. I think there is only 3 rooms on this building, which has the best view and access to the lake and restaurant.

Altough we visited the premise in autumn, but the weather was warm enough to enjoy the view and lake.

Free parking space available, and great location close to klagenfurt centre. Room was clean and fully furnished with kitchenette.

The staff were very friendly to welcome us and accommodate our needs uppn check-in. While a friendly gentlemen with messy hair who happens to be the owner Mr.Barry was there to accompanied us for check-out.

Strongly recommends this hotel for family with young children for a minimum 3 days stay. I surely consider staying in this hotel again should i visited Austria.

Room Tip: Room 25 / 26 or 27?? All are the only three rooms in the main lobby building with a view to the lak...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Peter2704, Inhaber at Hotel Barry Memle, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear "kkdoo"!
Thank you so much!
Greetings
Peter Barry
The owner with the messy hair....
Fortunatly our rooms havent been ever messy..... :-)

Been to Hotel Barry Memle? Share your experiences!