Wonderful James Bondesque speedboat arrival and Fantasy Island beach welcome by hotel staff and management. Then shown to fabulous beach front villa with its own pool with the waves lapping only metres away. Could not get much more perfect.
The hotel property location is not only on a very secluded and beautiful beach, but given the geography at the narrower southern end of Koh Samet island it is also directly adjacent to the opposite side of the island (5 minutes walk), where the resort has located a well equipped modern, albeit small sized gym and also a very nice bar with decking which overlooks the sunset to the west.
So far, so good. Unfortunately, the perfect setting and wonderful rooms are let down by food dining quality and service issues, which are not quite up-to-the-mark. Better standards should be expected in this part of the world, where Asian quality is meticulously high at the deluxe end of the market. There is only the single restaurant and prices are very high for the quality level provided. We felt the dishes were laced with MSG, which may be common practice in Thailand but should not be necessary and should be avoided in a luxury hotel resort. We opted therefore on a couple of nights of our stay to catch a local pickup truck taxi into the local town. However given the diabolical condition of the road was a slow, uncomfortable and, for Thailand, an expensive experience.
The comment on service standards is not a reflection of general staff friendliness or motivation, but more to do with language difficulties. On several occasions during the stay it was very hard to communicate due to poor staff English, which again for a hotel resort at this end of the luxury spectrum should not really be an issue.
In conclusion the Paradee offers a fantastic beach location and great villas but we felt a bit captive and stuck with excessively costly hotel catering, which for what was on offer was not value-for-money.
- Tranquil, idyllic beach location
- Excellent beach pool villa
- Speedboat arrival and beach welcome
- Sundowner bar experience in the evening
- Hotel management’s direct guest interaction and general staff friendliness
- Dining standards could be better at the prices charged
- Staff English and communication
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Paradee is renowned and treasure for its tranquility and “away-from-it-all” location. 40 luxurious appointed villas, all with magnificent view of either lush tropical Gardens, or white sandy beaches washed by the Gulf of Thailand.Hotel Pier; Jadet Pier (Opposite TOP Supermarket)Optional for compulosry speed boat;1) Shuttle speed boat (fee at THB 750 per person per way)From Jadet Pier (mainland) at 2PM and 5PMFrom Paradee (Koh Samet) at 11AM and 1PM2) Private Speed boat (fee at THB 3,000 per boat per way, Maximum 6 passangers)**Advance reservation require. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Odigeo so you can book your Paradee Resort & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradee Resort And Spa Hotel
- Paradee Hotel Koh Samet