We booked this as a last minute (literally!). We wanted somewhere that was relaxing, away from the crowds and resembled paradise. Well we sure got that!
The resort is nestled in a small bay with two of the other Samed resorts (Lima Coco and Le Vimarn ). Because of this you get a real feeling of exclusivity that you just wouldn't get elsewhere. We were told beforehand that Ao Prao is where most of the locals go for the weekend.
Upon arrival to the private pier they check your bags for you and you don't see them again until you are taken to your cottage. We are still trying to work out how they got there as there wasn't another boat leaving before ours....
We booked a beach front cottage and these are beautiful from the outside. The bedroom is also very nice, simple but smart. The bathrooms do look a bit dated it has to be said and I would have wanted something a bit more modern for the price tag...
The food is great however not cheap cheap but if you want quality then why would you mind paying for it?
Service was awesome. Second to none.
I had two Thai massages on the beach whilst there which were the best I HAVE EVER HAD. And all for only 400 THB per massage! Do give them a small tip though as they work hard.
1. WIFI - Only available in the reception but it is free. This wasn't a major issue for my friend and I as we wanted the relaxation but for the price it should be everywhere.
2. They charge to take the Kayaks and Snorkelling gear out. Should be free again considering the price.
All in all you will love this resort if you want some peace and relaxation in your own little bit of paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AO PRAO RESORT - Located in a stunning location at the northern headland of lovely Ao Prao beach, on the west cost of Koh Samet (Samet Island), renowned for its crystalline white sand beaches. Only 2 1/2 hours by road from Bangkok, or one hour from Pattaya, followed by a short sea crossing in our shuttle boat. For the active holiday makers ... Sailing, windsurfing, snorkeling, diving, fishing, boating, sunbathing, swimming, bike riding or relaxing in your own tropies style cottage set in luxuriant greenery. A vacation on a tropical island has never been better than this. Ao Prao is a resort village located on a secluded beach with spacious cottages , first-class facilities, fantastic food and accommodation that offers real style, comfort and warmth. Here, you are miles away from everyday worries with all the beauty and wonder of a tropical paradise. This is the perfect vacation spot for couples or families and also offers modern facilities for a company seminar or conference for up to 70 delegates. Ao Prao is a tropic island vacation resort that is beyond your expectations. Free hotel shuttle speed boat from/to resort (For hotel guests only) From Seree Pier mainland : 11.00 Hrs., 13.30 Hrs., 16.00 Hrs. From Koh Samet : 10.00 Hrs., 12.30 Hrs., 15.00 Hrs. **Please stand by at Seree Pier (hotel pier) 20 minutes before shuttle boat time. **If missing the shuttle boat, extra cost of a private speed boat will be applied. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ao Prao Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ao Prao Hotel Rayong
- Ao Prao Rayong