Went for a weekend out of Bankok (29-06-2013). Absolutely loved this place. Very relaxing, very clean. Our cottage suite had an indoor shower and an outdoor covered shower, private balcony with beach view. It was a beautiful room with a luxury tropical theme. The staff are wonderful. They try very hard to make everything perfect. The staff always have a smile and pleasant greeting, which was very appreciated. The spa was also a nice treat. Everything is comparable to western prices (drinks, food, etc.) 250-350 Baht for mixed drinks. The best part was it was only a 2 and a half hour drive by mini-van taxi from Bankok. Downsides: the other side of the island is a state park, but where the fees go I have no idea. The road was one pothole after another with trash and shanties the whole way to the little port town. So make sure you go to the Le Vimarn speedboat launch just a few blocks away from the larger dock. We made the mistake of taking the island ferry; crowded boat with fish and other island stock. Smelly, rough ride. The Le Vimarn speed boat is complimentary... Take the speedboat not the ferry! Last negative point was that the Le Vimarn Resort side of the island was fairly windy the three days we were there. Could be just the season? Anyway, loved, loved, loved this place. We would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Vimarn Cottages & Spa is a unique tropical Boutique Resort for an idyllic stay that will call you back again and again. Clustered on the gentle slope of a hilly cove overlooking a quiet bay beach is your stylish retreat from the world. Supremely comfortable individual cottages all with balconies, some with your own outdoor spa that look down onto a peaceful curved bay of sparkling sea and fine sand. The cottage cluster centers around a superb infinity pool, a world class spa and a restaurant offering a most interesting and comprehensive menu.Le Vimarn attracts sophisticated and discriminating international guests year after year. A dream location that will last in your memory for a lifetime ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Le Vimarn Cottages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Vimarn Cottages Hotel Koh Samet
- Le Vimarn Cottages And Spa
- Le Vimarn Hotel
- Le Vimarn Resort