“Warm welcome, beautiful food and generous portions!! Fantastic!! Would recommend to everyone!! Wonderful staff!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Ginger

Red Ginger
Main Street | across from medical clinic and police station, Ko Samet, Thailand
+66 84 383 4917
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Ko Samet
Cuisines: Thai, Vegetarian, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Home-cooked food. " It's all about sauce".
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I was drawn in by the 'homemade chocolate brownie' advertised outfront. The warm, inviting look of the red ginger was complimented by the the wonderful staff and owner, Roger. I had the pork tenderloin and oh my god I did not expect it to be soooo good!! Pork was cooked to perfection and super soft and lean, the mash was gorgeous and the side brocolli salad on the side was just perfect. The size was way more than I thought I could manage, but the taste made me clean the plate!! I even pushed myself for a desesrt...helped by a beer interlude and wicked music!! the brownie was without doubt the best i'd ever had!! Made fresh that day along with the icecream!!! Utter heaven!! I was back the following day...and feel I made a great friend in Roger the Ower and Ollie, his helper and friend!! if I knew that had rooms too I would have stayed here for sure...for a month at least!! I guess you really do get what you pay for here...wonder food!!! wonderful people!!! I WILL be back red ginger!!! :):)xx love lydia from bristol

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

West Bromwich, United Kingdom
“Very good food and good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Banana smoothie 85b very good,
Ordered curry carrot soup but the owner came over and told me the chef had overdone the prep with cocunut milk and only had one soup left and said he wouldn't serve it as not right, I appreciated his honesty, and he suggested the crab bisque 180b, nice big bowl and nice freshly made.
Ribs ordered were a very large portion with plenty of BBQ sauce, mash and vegetables,
Very nice and took some finishing off,
Thai food was also nice and good sized portions from others who dined with me.
Very good value and decent food.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Thai and Western food in laid back atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The place is located close to the entrance to natural park, alongside of the main road, few hundred meters from the beach.

Our posse of six ppl came to the restaurant without a booking a bit after eight o'clock in the evening, and got seated after half an hour waiting, which was quickly spent in a neighbour bar.

We chose both Western as well as Thai foods - all the portions are big and Western meals come with tasty side garnish. Thai meals were delicious, too - and they managed to cook them spicy if you wished (in many places they come without any spices if you ask for medium-spicy but here they balanced it very well). For sure running a restaurant is not a simple task especially when you're occupied in the kitchen (like Roger is), but overall service was excellent in this place compared to many other.

I sincerely recommed to pay a visit in this place if staying in Koh Samed - you won't leave hungry.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shanghai, China
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Really good food, nice atmosphere, best food we had on our trip. The rips where amazing, but so where the salads and all the other western dishes.

Visited December 2013
Helsingborg, Sweden
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Nice atmosphere and great food and all the children loved their spare ribs (large portion) and all of us enjoyed the food.

Visited December 2013