“Lovely place in Samet!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baan Puu Paan

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Samet
Baan Puu Paan
You added Baan Puu Paan to your Saves list
Ao Noi Na, Ko Samet 21160, Thailand   |
Samet
“Lovely place in Samet!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

Hi!!
I have been living in Samet on and off 2 years and Baan puu paan is the BEST international restaurant in the Island! And bungalows are amazing, right top of the water and own private pear, what else would you want?! :) Food is smashing and staff is lovely, ready to help you if you need anything at all. Place is clean and quiet and I love that it is another side of Island. Not the busy one. Still near, like Taxi to center takes about 10 minutes.
Lizzie is one of my good friends and I haven't seen her loosing temper with a customer never ever. I bring my family and friends always here and everyone just LOVES the place and comes back again and again . I can put easily 100% personal guarantee of the place. I recommend to everyone.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

Want to be woken by the waves lapping at the foot of your accommodation? Want to be welcomed and entertained by staff with a fantastic sense of humour? Want value for money? Answer no to any of these then try somewhere else, because this place wont be for you.
Ive stayed all over Thailand in 5 star resort hotels, to bungalows with no hot water, looking for different experiences and thrills, whilst its not a 5 star resort I can truly say this place provides the best genuine welcome Ive had in any place.
The scenery from my Bungalow (room 1) is breathtaking! It looks out onto the Gulf of Thailand, and as mentioned, the only sounds you will hear are the waves.
No cars, no aircraft, and no hawkers....bliss!
Minutes from the pier and from the white sands of Saikew beach , the location rocks!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

My name is Stas. I stayed at this place a year ago, and also visited it a month ago this year. The host's name is Lizzie, actually; she is a scottish lady, charming and cheerful. Chef's cooking is marvelous - hard to overestimate. The place has really no beach because you descend to the sea directly from verandha. You have two good beaches some 20 meters to the right and to the left, though. What about Lizzie's temper... As far as I know Lizzie, you have to try very hard to upset her. Even in bad, empty season she has guests, and what about the locals... You should see - they just cheer her shouting joyfully while passing by her house in their cars going to work and back home. A very lovely person.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

I have just had the most enjoyable stay at this resort and was astounded to read a couple of bad reviews. The owner's name is lizzie and i just cannot imagine her pretending otherwise. She is a fantastic host and i have never felt more welcomed in a hotel ever. The charming staff can communicate in English quite well and could not have been friendlier or more helpful. The rooms over the sea have breathtaking views and are very clean, comfortable and well decorated. The food served in the restaurant is superbly presented and delicious, you would normally find yourself paying much for this standard of food and service. Do yourself a favour and treat yourself to a stay here on your visit to Koh Samet.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Chiang Mai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

I will start with the beauty. If you get one of the two best rooms in the place, the view is beautiful with the waves lapping under your bed. But all this is quickly ruined by the beast, who is a double edged sword, very nice the one moment and totally ugly the next.

My mother wrote the review about the broken coffee pot, it was total maddess. When the police ordered our boat around, and they threatened to take my mum to the police station I simply could not believe it. I explained to the fellow boat passangers that we we were not drug dealers but had simply broken a coffee pot, they were all outraged. When my mother handed over the 4,000 THB (almost as much as my monthly rent in Chiang Mai!!!), the sister smerked at us, we had fallen pray to their bitter game.

It is truely sad, how unhappy these people are. But I highly recommend that you do NOT stay here....your on holiday you want to relax!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Auckland, NZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

Like another reviewer I had the most hiddeous experiences in this place.
Not only is the title 'Boutique Resort' , as prescribed in the owners brochure highly over estimated from the owners part, but also the 'international couisine' in her restaurant, that's really just a few bar chairs on the side of the road is a laugh and non existent, due to the lack of chef.
The owner, a middle aged scots woman, with me she called herself 'Jilly', with the last reviewer 'Sandy', which already must ring alarm bells for the discerning traveller. But we were willing and the bungalows were nice enough, build right above the water, so we booked in with our daughter in the other bungalow.
By the way, the beach is non existent, the water dirty and the next ok beach 5 minutes walk away!!!
So the family from Scottland was there visiting and the drunken carry ons every night, down to death threats between the owner and her sister, were unbelievable. We considered moving, when after our pleas it got a bit quieter at night.
But to top the whole thing off I had borrowed a coffe plunger from the kitchen with! the consent of the owner. Unfortunately the glass of the coffe pot broke. On the morning of our leave we learned that 'Jilly' had gone away for 2 days??!! She knew that we were checking out that day , we were a bit taken aback, considering that the staff doesn't speak a word of english. So I wrote a note saying that I would replace the glass and send her a new one, knowing the brand of the coffe plunger is available in NZ . I gave the note and the pot then to the sister, who reacted as any good hotel owner would, by saying 'accidents can happen, never mind!' I still would have replaced it.
So we left and as we were just bording the ferry to the mainland, the sister with family in tow appeared on the pier, with 'Jilly' on the cell phone, yelling down the phone the worst abuse you can imagine: I had stolen! her coffe pot and if I wouldn't pay immediately 4000Baht (about 200$ NZ) she would send the police. We offered her 2000 Baht, but to no avail, she wouldn't have it. So we just jumped on the boat.
After about 5 minutes into the ride the police !!! pulls up next to the boat and orders it to turn around back to the harbour!!! We had a plane to catch, the police man wouldn't hear my side, so I paid the 4000Baht, while my daughter explained to the fellow travellers that all this fuss was about a coffee pot! Westerner gotten into thai corruption habits or the crazy world of an alcoholic?? I leave it up to your judgement.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
encinitas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

Had the most enjoyable meal where the taste was bitterly soured by the tounge of the Owner. Sandy, A Scottish person (Lady??) who although adorns a welcoming smile, it is so quickly diminished in charm by her rude caustic drunken "My place, take it or leave it go [--] yourself if you don't like it" attitude she demonstrated. The looks of the place is charming and cute but I have never felt so bad about how I was treated by another human being ever. I tried to consol myself with tthe fact she served herself one drink to every one that went out to customers was not enough to keep me from running away , furthermore being so compelled to warn the rest of the planet to stay away from this cute place with great food but this ever soo nasty God awful person running it.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Baan Puu Paan? Share your experiences!