We had a week in Tonga and spent the first six nights at an amazing place on the main Island. We thought we would have a bit of a treat for the last night. All I can say is we were grateful it was only one night. The whole resort is run down and falling to bits. Everything is overpriced. The food is terrible. The only saving grace was my husband had a stomach bug so he was spared having to eat lunch or dinner and only had the breakfast. Even still staying at the 'cheapest' level still cost us over $400NZ for one night - for that sort of dosh I would expect 4 star - this barely made it to a 1 star. Would not recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sunset Island Resort is located on 'Atata Island. The resort features 18 beachfront fales, Polynesian Style Restaurant and Cocktail Bar with amazing views. It borders a fishing village where guests are welcome to experience the traditional culture. Scuba Diving, Game Fishing, Wind Surfing, Kayaks, Snorkeling boat trips are just some of what the activities the resort has to offer or do absolutely nothing. Come and enjoy the sun in this little bit of paradise. Resort has undergone Renovations with New Management and Service Upgrades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Royal Sunset Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sunset Island Hotel Tongatapu Island
- Royal Sunset Island Tongatapu