My wife and I stayed here with two friends in early April. It was probably the most relaxing week I have spent anywhere in 20 years. The weather was perfect and the resort was perfect. This is not a 5 star 400 room resort, it is a very simple and comfortable island to stay on. Our room was great, again simple and very comfortable. Just step outside your door and you are on the beautiful beach which is perfect for swimming and snorkelling. The staff were excellent and a lot of fun, nothing seemed to hard for them. The food was simple, yet well prepared, with plenty of it. We went for the food package and it was worth the money. We snorkelled pretty much every day, with the staff always ready to take us out to reef. Riding on the biscuit behind the boat was great fun and free!
What made it for us was the contact with the local village and knowing that our time there was helping other people out. We went to church on the Sunday morning and loved the cultural singing and dancing through out the week. Nothing could beat sitting around on a balmy evening sipping cocktails at the bar. Mozzies and insects were not a problem when we were at the resort.
If you want a thrill, ask them to take you to the island or return on one of the longboats, it was the best fun!
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sunset Island Hotel Tongatapu Island
- Royal Sunset Island Hotel
- Royal Sunset Island Tongatapu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sunset Island Resort is located on 'Atata Island. The resort features 18 beachfront fales, Polynesian Style Restaurant and Cocktail Bar with amazing views. It borders a fishing village where guests are welcome to experience the traditional culture. Scuba Diving, Game Fishing, Wind Surfing, Kayaks, Snorkeling boat trips are just some of what the activities the resort has to offer or do absolutely nothing. Come and enjoy the sun in this little bit of paradise. Resort has undergone Renovations with New Management and Service Upgrades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HostelBookers so you can book your Royal Sunset Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.