I spent five nights at the Royal Sunset on Atata Island and have never been so relaxed in my life. The individual fales are fairly basic but clean and give you all the peace and quiet you want on a tropical island and any problems with rats or stray dogs have been well and truly fixed. The waters surrounding the island are crystal clear and protected by a reef so they are nice and calm. They hired a new Chef while I was there and the food was fantastic, although not a lot of variety. The staff are friendly enough but language barriers can be a problem at times, so patience is key while they try and figure out what you're asking. The new onwers have been in charge for about 6 months and while there is still a lot of work to be done, if you're looking for a place to chill out offshore without having to spend the extra money to fly up to Vavua, this is the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sunset Island Resort is located on 'Atata Island. The resort features 18 beachfront fales, Polynesian Style Restaurant and Cocktail Bar with amazing views. It borders a fishing village where guests are welcome to experience the traditional culture. Scuba Diving, Game Fishing, Wind Surfing, Kayaks, Snorkeling boat trips are just some of what the activities the resort has to offer or do absolutely nothing. Come and enjoy the sun in this little bit of paradise. Resort has undergone Renovations with New Management and Service Upgrades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and HostelBookers so you can book your Royal Sunset Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sunset Island Hotel Tongatapu Island
- Royal Sunset Island Tongatapu