“WOW great but” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia

Save Saved
You added The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia to your Saves list
The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Pantai Kok | Telaga Harbour Park, Pantai Kok, Langkawi 07000, Malaysia   |
Special Rate
fromUSD267 with breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Pantai Kok
Cowra, Australia
“WOW great but”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed 2 nights 4and 5 of may Room #425 what a wonderfuuly built hotel and so clean staff mostlyy allover great but the breakfast leaves a little room for improvement i suggest the exec chef visit the sister hotel in Kuala Lumpur being Hotel Istana to see how a perfect buffett breakfast should be
location is a little away from the real life but ever so peaceful if stayying this delightful place i suggest a rental car direct on arrival so that u can go as uu please when uu please.The pool area would be the biggest in langkawi with a super infiniti pool
There are a few nice type restaurants next door also a duty free liquor outlet next to those restaurants but the duty free shops in town a lot cheaper for all types things
there was nice entertainment in verandah bar the 2nights my wife and i stayed with a good female vocalist
but honestlyy a top hotel be better with the breakfast being upgraded some
May i add we took a 6.00 pm flight from Kuala Lumpur having phoned and booked at about 5.30 pm before boarding for our flight to have staff know who i was on arrival giving my wife and i a wonderful tour of the facilities and all this wonderful hotel offered.
As i am now living in KL as kuala lumpur is fondly knownand it being just 1 hour flight away we will be going back
charles and Dr rozilah Green

Room Tip: Honestly all rooms are excellent with different outlooks #425 had some marina hill and some cattle g...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1,299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I recently stayed 9 nights at The Danna and would happily have stayed a month.

From my warm and wonderful greeting by Justine and Concierge staff to my sad send off from Sabaria and Lobby staff, all employees at The Danna were just fantastic. Without being intrusive the staff took a personal interest in their guests and this made my stay so much more enjoyable. I was travelling alone and it was wonderful getting to know the staff and having them know me by name. All staff were delightful, professional and extremely friendly. I was very pleased to meet Zamimah from Reservations as she was very helpful providing information prior to my stay at the hotel.

All areas of the hotel are very well maintained and the rooms are spacious, luxurious and spotless. Congratulations to Kamar and all the Housekeeping staff who do a fabulous job. I did appreciate their efforts in keeping my room so immaculate all the time.

I loved all areas of the hotel and the serene atmosphere. The pool is just divine - perfect water temperature, lovely spa and very comfortable banana lounges – important for me as I spent a lot of time at the pool. Pool staff are excellent and look after the guests extremely well at all times.

I had a two hour spa treatment which was first class all the way and a great start to my holiday. I would have returned for more treatments as they had a special offer on which was very reasonably priced but I ran out of time.

Longs walks along the beach are heavenly at The Danna and although the Hotel is about a 10 minute drive from Cenang Beach I loved the more quiet location, and it was no trouble getting a taxi to any destination. The Hotel is located next door to The Marina/Perdana Quay and there are a few very good restaurants/bars there if you wish to eat out of the hotel overlooking the Marina.

After watching the beautiful sunset on the beach my first evening I decided to eat in the hotel Dining Room. I was greeted by the very charming and efficient hostess/waitresses Sabaria, Selena and Lee and surprisingly by the most stunning piano playing. Selena’s food and wine recommendations were perfect and the food was delicious. All my meals in the hotel were of a high standard.

My first evening was quite magical being in such a lovely setting and listening to the wonderful resident pianist, Emzac. He is very talented and his love of music is heard in his playing. To my surprise and absolute delight Emzac was again at his piano the following morning during breakfast. Being spoilt with such beautiful piano playing during the breakfast and evening meals is another very special touch at The Danna. Thank you Emzac.

There are many unexpected surprises to be had during your stay at The Danna, you just have to visit this beautiful hotel to experience all its special treasures. I hope to return to Langkawi one day, and if I do, I would not hesitate to stay again at The Danna. A huge thank you to all The Danna staff for making my holiday absolute bliss.

Room Tip: Any room would be great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hotel, everything was first class. made several other 5 star hotels in Malaysia look very average. Surpassed my expectations for service. Close to a great selection of restaurants, and tourist attractions.

• Stayed March 2013
Bedford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We decided to go for a pre-paid all inclusive deal through Travel Republic and paid a total of£1,476 for a couple.

Unfortunately Travel Republic had different criteria for what was included and what was not. When we arrived at the hotel we were given a vague letter about inclusion criteria for an all-inclusive stay. During the whole of our stay nobody was sure what was included and what was not. So we proceeded to ask at every point during our stay what would be included and would not be included in our deal, which for us defeated the whole purpose of an all-inclusive holiday and completely spoiled the experience of staying at the hotel. We also got contradicting responses from different bars and restaurants about what was included.

Despite ensuring all the items were included at every restaurant and bar we attended we still ended up with a bill to pay for extras, including mineral water, mocktails and cocktails. We did dispute this at check-out and after half an hour of dispute they decided to discount part of the bill, which we had to settle for otherwise we would have missed our flight. Overall a very disappointing experience for what was supposed to be a relaxing, trouble-free end to our holiday.

Room Tip: Do not go for an all-inclusive deal!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

From the moment you arrive at the Danna you know that you made a wonderful choice.
Welcome drink, refresher towel & shoulder massage on check in.... this is a fabulous hotel.
We booked a merchant room and paid to have an additional bed/breakfast for our son. The room was beautiful. It was serviced daily and then refreshed in the early evening. We received fresh fruit and mineral water every day.
Alot of our time was spent at the pool in the afternoons. Complimentary snacks are bought round hourly. You can also have a massage by the pool.
Breakfast was wonderful - eye openers (shot glass with mixtures of juice) to start, coffees made to order, champagne if you wish. The buffet is continental and a very good variety and then a menu for the hot breakfast which changes daily.
The location of the Danna is superb and you are right next to the marina which has a convenience & liquor store (very cheap beer), laundry, coffee/bakery and many restaurants to choose from in the Evening. Our best meal was at Privilege, this is located upstairs at the marina.
Within walking distance is also a Maybank which you can exchange your currency (around from the marina, next to the Fuel Station).
We can't wait to return next year!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have checked into the Pelangi Resort after spending 3 great nights at The Dana Hotel. The whole experience was perfect from check into check out. I think we were upgraded from a Merchant Room to a Grand Merchant Room which was excellent with everything you could want. Would highly recommend this Hotel as now staying at Pelangi we are hoping that our stay will be just as nice. Make sure you enjoy happy hour in the Verandah Bar with Barman Murthy!

Room Tip: We had Room 443 with great views or mountains and some sea views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for a night with my husband..
No reservation made earlier but they welcome us with open hand and heart..
Felt so much welcome and appreciated..
Eventhough they bit pricey but worth every penny u spend because of the good services and hospitality..

• Stayed April 2013

Been to The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia? Share your experiences!