“Small family hotel for good rest” 5 of 5 stars

Palm Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Grand Anse, Praslin Island, Seychelles   |
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Grand Anse
Kuala Belait, Brunei Darussalam
“Small family hotel for good rest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

It was our wedding trip. The hotel and all the staff/management did the best for our honeymoon. Apart of the wedding we enjoyed calm Grand Anse absolutely alone on the whole beach and just with a few more guests in the hotel. Our room on the first floor with ocean view was a piece of paradise. Restaurant, service, housekeeping, generally everyhing was perfect! I would like to say many thanks to hotel owners who made this stay unforgettable!

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I & my wife had stayed in The Palm Beach hotel during our honeymoon trip. We stayed in the hotel for a couple of nights only, since most of our stay was in Mahe Island. Coming to our stay @ The Palm Beach hotel, I would rate is a bit less than good. The hotel had limited staff, and they are not too willingly helpful. The breakfast was decently good. The hotel has a swimming pool, which is not worth the time. The beach facing the resort is not good to enter into. You can spend time watching the sea & sun though - if that's what you want in your Seychelles trip :) The hotel is located in a peaceful surrounding, with some small restaurants nearby. The rooms are not that good for a honeymoon trip. However, the balcony with sea view is good for the morning. If you want to save some bucks in your stay, and are planning to spend most of the time outside (which was the case in our trip), then you can choose this one - a modest place in the beautiful Praslin island.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room with balcony on a higher floor. Don't choose a room on the lower floor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Palm Beach Hotel in Praslin was a great experience for us. We were a family of 4, 2 adults and two teenagers. The staff was helpful and knowledgable, able to answer all of our questions.
The rooms were spacious, clean, and my idea of perfect. Big beds, beach views, big balconies, etc.. The food at this hotel was excellent. I think I will dream of the fish dishes that I had for a long time. The manager, Audrey, was so pleasant and efficient. To be honest, we were sad to leave this hotel and would definitely recommend it if visiting Praslin. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chelsea, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Actually I come from the Seychelles. I live in Canada now. I've been to the Palm Beach. My husband and I did that trip 5 years ago. Reason I am writing to tripadvisor is because I never knew about it before. I've just discovered it in March 2013 before taking a trip to The Verendah in Antigua. I think it's fantastic you can read these reviews and it helps make a fine decision at the end of the day.If you have 10 reviews and 2 is bad, that means it's a great resort. The 2... well better luck next time and excpetation was too high.
Back to the Palm Beach in Seychelles on Praslin. My husband and I went for 3 weeks. I stayed with a cousin of mine for 1 week....nightmare!!!! we moved out to Praslin. The family that runs the hotel are fantastic people, Nella and joel. Joel picked us up at the airport, we settle in, had a few drinks. We wanted to rent a car to go around, Joel organsied that for us. The food was very good, of course lots of creole food and some nice roast beef and other international meals. The hotel is kept very clean. Abed in a hotel will never be personal bed we pick...we all know that. People that complain about beds in any hotels... get over it. My husband is one of those!!!! The hotel is right on the beach, nice hot swimming pool, great view, lots of birds to see. You are not far to drive to the Vallee De Mai. Now... that is a must see. Bring mosquito spray...DO NOT FORGET, my husband was eaten alive...they love Canadian blood those little vampires!!!!
Over all, I would definately recommande that hotel. Nella and Joel will do everything they can to accomodate their guests.
Now the Seychelles is developping a lot more...there are some great places to stay instead of big hotels. The Palm beach is a small hotel and I would definately recommand it. I know a couple more, if someone is ever interested...
I know that makes my review an old one, but things don't change that fast in Seychelles.

Room Tip: Their isn't a fitness and spa, althought I quoted it excellent. I didn't want to upset the r...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel is directly on the beach where you can enjoy sunsets. There is a nice breeze from the ocean and a nice pool to cool off in. The air conditioner constantly leaked and the lovely wood furniture is drenched. But that is the problem of the hotel. I gave up in the end. The food is great and the there is a breakfast buffet. Make sure you come on time, since what is gone is gone and will not be replaced.
The beach is not for swimming since it is very shallow, only ankle deep, seriously. It is full of sea cucumbers. But if you take a car or a bus you can reach all the nice beaches. I personally found that Praslin had the nicest beaches.
The hotel rents cars (50 Euros a day). Which is nice to get around but there is basically one road and the public transportation is sooo cheap! I'll save my money next time for something else.

Room Tip: Take a room on top to see the ocean. Otherwise just sit on the beach and watch which is ok too.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My GF and I went to this hotel at the end of 2012. Despite the beautiful pictures they posted on Tripadvisor, the overall quality of facilities was a little disappointing. Here are some of my thoughts on this hotel;

- bed : 3 star quality with a couple of ants moving
- hot water : because of hot weather in Seychelles, they seemed to provide only medium-hot water
- beach : you can't imagine to swim on the hotel beach. Rent a car, and discover other beaches.
- wifi-internet : really fast, however, remember to pay additional $20 for your stay
- food : never tried
- service : friendly (they changed our room after our claim)
- price : in Seychelles, everything is pricy, even in this quality of hotel.

NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The good: clean, spacious room, comfortable bed and pillows, warm shower, cold AC, beautiful view of the ocean/sunset from the 2nd floor, close to the airport, rental cars on-site for 35 euros a day, decently priced comparatively.

The not-so-good: poor customer service, sullen faced staff (from reception to servers to even the owners), leaking roof in room, phone didn't work, food is expensive and average on a good day, beach is covered with sea grass, location is on the other side of the island from all activities, most restaurants and beaches thus car rental is necessary.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is great- avoid room 20 which is a converted attic space
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Palm Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!