“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Grand Anse
Chelsea, Canada
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Actually I come from the Seychelles. I live in Canada now. I've been to the Palm Beach. My husband and I did that trip 5 years ago. Reason I am writing to tripadvisor is because I never knew about it before. I've just discovered it in March 2013 before taking a trip to The Verendah in Antigua. I think it's fantastic you can read these reviews and it helps make a fine decision at the end of the day.If you have 10 reviews and 2 is bad, that means it's a great resort. The 2... well better luck next time and excpetation was too high.
Back to the Palm Beach in Seychelles on Praslin. My husband and I went for 3 weeks. I stayed with a cousin of mine for 1 week....nightmare!!!! we moved out to Praslin. The family that runs the hotel are fantastic people, Nella and joel. Joel picked us up at the airport, we settle in, had a few drinks. We wanted to rent a car to go around, Joel organsied that for us. The food was very good, of course lots of creole food and some nice roast beef and other international meals. The hotel is kept very clean. Abed in a hotel will never be personal bed we pick...we all know that. People that complain about beds in any hotels... get over it. My husband is one of those!!!! The hotel is right on the beach, nice hot swimming pool, great view, lots of birds to see. You are not far to drive to the Vallee De Mai. Now... that is a must see. Bring mosquito spray...DO NOT FORGET, my husband was eaten alive...they love Canadian blood those little vampires!!!!
Over all, I would definately recommande that hotel. Nella and Joel will do everything they can to accomodate their guests.
Now the Seychelles is developping a lot more...there are some great places to stay instead of big hotels. The Palm beach is a small hotel and I would definately recommand it. I know a couple more, if someone is ever interested...
I know that makes my review an old one, but things don't change that fast in Seychelles.

Room Tip: Their isn't a fitness and spa, althought I quoted it excellent. I didn't want to upset the r...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel is directly on the beach where you can enjoy sunsets. There is a nice breeze from the ocean and a nice pool to cool off in. The air conditioner constantly leaked and the lovely wood furniture is drenched. But that is the problem of the hotel. I gave up in the end. The food is great and the there is a breakfast buffet. Make sure you come on time, since what is gone is gone and will not be replaced.
The beach is not for swimming since it is very shallow, only ankle deep, seriously. It is full of sea cucumbers. But if you take a car or a bus you can reach all the nice beaches. I personally found that Praslin had the nicest beaches.
The hotel rents cars (50 Euros a day). Which is nice to get around but there is basically one road and the public transportation is sooo cheap! I'll save my money next time for something else.

Room Tip: Take a room on top to see the ocean. Otherwise just sit on the beach and watch which is ok too.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My GF and I went to this hotel at the end of 2012. Despite the beautiful pictures they posted on Tripadvisor, the overall quality of facilities was a little disappointing. Here are some of my thoughts on this hotel;

- bed : 3 star quality with a couple of ants moving
- hot water : because of hot weather in Seychelles, they seemed to provide only medium-hot water
- beach : you can't imagine to swim on the hotel beach. Rent a car, and discover other beaches.
- wifi-internet : really fast, however, remember to pay additional $20 for your stay
- food : never tried
- service : friendly (they changed our room after our claim)
- price : in Seychelles, everything is pricy, even in this quality of hotel.

NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The good: clean, spacious room, comfortable bed and pillows, warm shower, cold AC, beautiful view of the ocean/sunset from the 2nd floor, close to the airport, rental cars on-site for 35 euros a day, decently priced comparatively.

The not-so-good: poor customer service, sullen faced staff (from reception to servers to even the owners), leaking roof in room, phone didn't work, food is expensive and average on a good day, beach is covered with sea grass, location is on the other side of the island from all activities, most restaurants and beaches thus car rental is necessary.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is great- avoid room 20 which is a converted attic space
Seoul
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel

Service: Good. Every staffs were kind. We had some problems and they were really helpful to get over it. Especially this hotel provides fast wifi. It was really amazing to enjoy this fast internet in Seychelles. However, you should double check whether your package includes free wifi or not. If not, they will charge 20 Euro for internet. This hotel has a rent car service. It seems really convenient.

Location: Average. This hotel is located in south west, and all the good beaches are in north. You must have a rent car to reach famous beach such as Anse Lazio. It took 30 min to get to Anse Lazio. However, it's really close to the airport just 10 min drive. So there is bad side and good side at the same time.

Facility: Average. Room is clean but the bed was problem. This hotel gave to me kind size bed but it turns out the bed were made by 2 twin beds combined. My boyfriend and I had to sleep separately.

Food: I'm really sorry to say this, but breakfast was very disappointed. I paid around 200 Euros per night but, there were just bread, omelet with only onion&cheese, 3 different fruits, cereal with hot milk and coffee. That was all!! This hotel has to improve your food quality.

Room Tip: You better make sure your bed is real queen sized, or king sized bed. You may get a combined twin si...
Globe Trekker
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We just loved it - much better than some of the higher ranked hotels. The currently TripAdvisor rating is way to low at number 23.

Booked directly on their website as it provided the best discount and got a free car for a day. We stayed 4 nights in Praslin at Palm beach hotel. Take the flight instead of boat - much more convenient and almost costs the same.

Room was big, nothing too special as it isn't a 5 star but clean and got a daily new design when they made the bed with lots of flowers. (See also room tips)

Restaurant was good and they were able to cook a new vegetarian dish for me every day. Try a small take away shop 100 m away or a shop for drinks which can save you a lot of money. Try the local Takamaka Coconut Rum, and the local beer - lovely. Creole food and especially fish (relished by my partner) was great. Often had breakfast with sand on your feet. Selection was limited for breakfast but always came with eggs made to order.

Car for a day was great to have and we did beach hopping on this day around Praslin. However the bus stop is right outside the hotel and worth a try if you want to do a day trip to Valley De Mai or to the Ferry to go to La Digue.

The beach is perfect for families with little kids and has an amazing sunset. At low tide, you can walk quite long, and forms a lagoon - perfect for little ones. The pool is great and we often jumped in after it was dark as then the pool was really warm.

Service was great. Its cheaper to pay in Seychelles Rupees assuming you don't get charged significantly for withdrawing rupees by your bank.

Room Tip: All rooms are sea facing and have a balcony. The views are better on the first floor, but the ground...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Szczecin, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stay there for one week, staff was very helpfull and very friendly. Hotel is small and very nice, room was cleaning every day, Its close to main village grand anse, 1minute from the hotel to the local shop and take way. Hope we will come back there again :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Palm Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!