Our daughter was taking a fall break trip with her school and so for the first time in 25 years, my wife and I could contemplate taking a special trip for just the two of us. The Seychelles are a convenient destination for us via Qatar Airways and so I started looking. Based on the tripadvisor reviews, Chateau de Feuilles seemed like the ideal spot. I have to admit though, I kept wondering if it could be as good as it looked. All I can say, is that words and pictures cannot even begin to describe this slice of heaven.
From the moment we arrived, we were treated like honored guests. All of the staff knew our names and were never too busy to talk to us. They gave us advice when we asked but never pushed anything on us. They answered our questions about the islands, suggested places to go, and told us what to watch out for.
We ended up booking a Junior Suite. I don't think it would have mattered which room we ended up with, however, because whatever direction you looked, the view was unbelievable. The jacuzzi really does have a 360 view. Even more incredible is that you will often have it completely to yourself. The pool is small, but like the jacuzzi, you will often find that you have it to yourself as well, so who cares. Definitely book a massage too--one of the best I've ever had. The only problem was that I kept wanting to look out at the view.
Then there's the food. Breakfast was always more than we could eat--make sure you try the homemade yoghurt. We ended up being around for lunch on several days--ask Harry about the sandwiches. They're not on the menu, but they're delicious. And dinner--each night when you are seated, they hand you a copy of the set menu for the evening. We love seafood, and there was not a single dish in the four nights we were there that disappointed us.
The highlight for us though was the weekend trip to Grande Soeur island. It really is a private island with one beach for swimming and sunbathing that looks straight out of a movie set and another with a pavillion where they spread the feast that they called lunch--can you imagine a grilled red snapper that was as big as the tortoises roaming the island? There's a reef near the lunch pavillion with incredible snorkeling and the fish are so tame that we were able to simply walk in the water and have them to come up to our feet waiting for us to feed them.
So, was I nervous that it couldn't be as good as people said it was? Yes. Was it as good the reviews said? It was better. Will I go back? Most definitely.
One final piece of advice--we took the catamaran from Mahe. The day we arrived, it was raining and the water was rough. The day we left, it was sunny and smooth sailing. Let's just say that we wished we had taken Dramamine for the ride out (and so did a whole lot of other people).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Incomparable and of an oustanding beauty, Le Château de Feuilles Relais & Chateaux hotel & SPA in Praslin Seychelles invites you for a luxurious and unique stay where everything is designed to respect your privacy and your comfort.Luxurious, exclusive and considered as one of the most beautiful hotels of the Seychelles, Le Château de Feuilles is a member of the prestigious hotel chain Relais & Châteaux.The property, surounded majestically with the warm and turquoise waters of Seychelles, offers stunning and unrivalled 180° - 300° panoramas of exception to enjoy the dance of the waves and get carried away by the immensity of the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Chateau de Feuilles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Feuilles Hotel Praslin Island
- Chateau De Feuilles Praslin Island