- great location with extensive views over the ocean
- the jacuzzi on top of the estate with a brilliant surround view.
- hot tub outside our room was lovely.
- staff were very personable and chatty. Sometimes the service was a bit slow to respond to requests but in the end you always got what you wanted.
- while the hotel doesn't have direct access to a beach they provide a rental car which allows you to explore the island. All beaches on praslin are public access so this doesn't matter too much in any case. The nicest beach is anse lazio which doesn't have a hotel on it.
Not so good:
- we were disappointed by the quality of the food served in the restaurant in the evening. It was definitely well below the standards that we have come to expect of a Relais and Chateau.
- the decor in the rooms was very old fashioned and plain (dark wood with cream and earthy colours, brown bedding). I am sure that this was meant to blend in with the surrounding landscape but it felt very dated and very dark.
- room was quite small - c 40m2 which you would expect in a city hotel.
- value for money was not as good as expected. The hotel even charged €2 for a nespresso capsule which we didn't expect when paying €400+ per night.
Overall, three out of five.