“Breathtaking views!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Chateau de Feuilles to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Chateau de Feuilles
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pointe Cabris, Baie Ste Anne, Praslin Island, Seychelles   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Baie Ste Anne
Midway, Georgia
“Breathtaking views!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had the most fabulous honeymoon at this hotel! They upgraded our reservation to the most wonderful room with breathtaking views on either side of the point. The food was excellent and the staff was incredibly nice and accommodating. There was a small hot/cold tub above the room on a ridge with an amazing 360* view! Cant say enough....

• Stayed September 2011

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

If you are looking for a classic, stylish, superb hotel, this is the one! We stayed only too few nights and will definitely go back! The service was outstanding, the views stunning and the food the best the Seychelles had to offer!!! Although not really walking distance from the beach, a rented car is included, so there is no problem in exploring the island! They had an option of a day out and we took it! A trip to Cousin island where we had a delightful guide showing us all the wonders of this nature reserve and then a fish barbecue on another island and then wonderful snorkeling!
The friendly and helpful service from Veronica must be mentioned, she is delightful!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My wife and I have just returned home, having tremendously enjoyed our stay at the Château de Feuilles. From the moment we arrived, we found ourselves enchanted with the beautiful buildings and grounds, our lovely room with its awesome vista that even the Château's stunning photographs cannot do justice, and, of course, the most hospitable staff. We knew at once that we had found the perfect place to honeymoon. We were no less elated when the time came to experience the sublime cuisine in the restaurant, which I can attest we were loth to leave behind. Everything was so fresh and full of flavor, combined with just the right touch of rusticity, as to leave one utterly contented and perfectly at home.

Our stay coincided with the Southeast monsoon (the dry season), and the Château benefits from its location on the hill of Pointe Cabris at the southeast of Praslin, as the breeze from the shore is just enough to cool the open air dining room and the main building where the Reception is located, so that one can sit without sweating in either long trousers or shorts. Those who have stayed in other resorts in the Seychelles (where the public areas are not generally air conditioned) will find this a welcome change indeed! The guestrooms themselves, of course, are fully air conditioned.

While the room prices include a rental car for guests, we do not drive, and were pleased that we were instead offered €30 worth of taxi rides per day around the island. This proved to be ideal, as our taxi driver (who we used throughout our stay) was talkative and friendly, and very knowledgeable about Praslin. Serving as our de facto guide, we were able to learn a great deal about Praslin and the Seychelles, from local botany, to folklore, history, politics, and daily life on the island.

The staff and owner of the Château conform to a style of service borne of the French mould but colored by the tropical environs. Needless to say, it is therefore of the highest quality but with a reduced degree of formality that befits the location. In particular, Harry and Veronica are very friendly and readily offer suggestions of activities or the easiest way to do things on Praslin or nearby islands. Alexandra, the Manager, is available throughout the day, and most helpful. Together with the Owner, Cédric, they respond quickly and thoroughly to any potentially adverse situation that might present itself to the guests, placing the utmost value on the well-being of the clientele, which is the mark of truly outstanding service. We thank you all for helping to make our Honeymoon unforgettable!

Christopher and Milica

Room Tip: We stayed in the junior suite (room # 10), which was brightly lit (especially by daylight) and with...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

OK, lets start with the conclusion, for those who do not want to read the whole review: Fantastic Hotel, one of the best I have ever stayed…simple as that! When we arrived at 8:00 am, Cedric (the owner) was there and he greeted us along with the rest for the staff. A really nice and personal touch.

Location:
The location of the hotel is superb, on top of the hill. The view is excellent and breath-taking. Truly amazing, no matter where you are. The highlight is the Jacuzzi with the 360o view of the Ocean and the inland. It is a unique experience and you have to try it! The only drawback is that the hotel is not by the sea, so if you want to swim in the ocean you have to drive for 5 minutes to go to the nearby beach. However, it is not a big problem, since you have a complimentary car. Furthermore, the gardens are beautiful and maintained in perfect condition.

Accommodation:
We had booked a Junior Suite (the only available room at the time), which we found it excellent. The view is not as good as from the other rooms, but still it is great (you have Ocean view) and you have your own veranda if you would like to sit outside. Inside the room is quite spacious and well appointed. All of the villas are made with natural materials found in the island and they blend in with the environment. We did not find any drawbacks in the room. What is amazing, is how quite the whole resort is, truly a place to escape and relax.

Restaurant:
The hotel has one restaurant, exclusively serving its guests and it is not open for visitors, something which we think is great. Thus, it has just 9 tables plus an extra table for the owner to dine when he is there. The atmosphere of the restaurant is very relaxed but luxurious at the same time. What we liked a lot was the fact that both breakfast and dinner is served and not buffet style.

Breakfast is very good. They bring you a basket of pastries (croissant, bread, cakes, Danish), butter, honey and homemade jam. Coffee and tea are available in a large variety along with fruit juices. In addition you can order whatever you like in terms of cooked breakfast (different style of eggs, bacon, ham etc.), a platter of cheese and a fruit platter…all very tasty and well prepared.

Dinner is simply excellent. We stayed for 5 nights and every night was a nice surprise. 3 nights we had fish, 1 was traditional Creole food and the last one the menu had lobster. Dinner is comprised of 4 courses: starter, salad, main course and desert. All days the food was simply superb. We both like fish, so we had no problem eating it daily (especially since it was so well prepared). Highlight of the dinner was the desert with top one being the ‘’Glace Pralinoise’’ (Praline Ice Cream), which simply was the best Ice Cream we have ever tasted!

Finally, all the staff in the restaurant was very friendly, professional and trying to accommodate our needs. We had a small problem understanding the menu, as we do not speak French but Harry (and the rest of the staff) was more then willing to explain us everything in English.

The only thing we did not like and mark it as a minus in the whole experience was the fact that even water was charged. Of course we do not expect to have free drinks. However, it would be a nice touch (and maybe expected) to offer at least 1 bottle of water and 1 glass of wine or beer complimentary with the dinner. The cost is not that high and it enhances the dinning experience.

Concluding, we had an absolutely wonderful experience in staying the Chateau de Feuilles. Granted, there were 1-2 things that could be improved like: ceiling fans at the restaurant, complimentary water and one drink with dinner, but all in all, the hotel is excellent. It is expensive, but not for what it offers. A truly exclusive resort that makes you feel that way. All the staff is great (thank you Harry and Veronica!!) and try their best to please you. If we can, definitely we will stay there again. Thank you Cedric and continue with the same passion!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

When deciding if I should write this review or not, I really struggled on what expectations I should have at a hotel like this and if my standards were too high, but after traveling to two more hotels in the Seychelles and one in Dubai, and then going back and rereading the reviews on this site, I decided to write the review bc I honestly wish I had known the things I know now and not seen pages of mostly 5* reviews. So here we go, sorry for the length:

We recently stayed at the hotel on our Honeymoon and I can tell you I agree with everyone here, the views are truly breathtaking, but at the same time I felt like I was spending a lot of money on these "views" and not much else as you can get the same alone time at any of the hotels on the island, and feel you are at a more secluded hotel than this one. In my eyes the hotel is more of a bread and breakfast then a hotel and is as some reviews here have said, has an extremely French feel. Having traveled to France multiple times I can say and I’m sure many here will agree they have a different way of doing things and you have to be accustomed to this way. But again the grounds are amazing and on a 3-day trip I would probably give this place 4 stars, I highly recommend you go just don’t overstay your welcome, go stay on one of the other islands, check out another or hotel or something (we traveled to the other islands while staying here and wish we had spent nights there instead).

First off full disclosure, we stayed 6 nights, which in my eyes is def 3 nights too long, and the last two nights were spent with my wife sick with the flu which probably magnified the problems of the hotel but nonetheless they were still problems we observed before this happened. The hotel is beautiful but there were lot of things that stuck out to me and made me constantly say "I am spending 750 euros/night for this place when I could stay at many other hotels for the same price and get a lot more value." Examples included: 6 mornings of the same French breakfast (which kind of eggs would you like or would you like a bowl of corn flakes and same bread basket). If you choose to stay at the hotel during the day (the reason I call it a bed and breakfast I don’t recommend it): Lunch everything was crazy expensive, 34 euros for a hamburger, and if you want to sit by the pool or something the service really isn’t there as you would expect. No waiter will come by and the only “treats” they will give you if you are lucky are some Pringles, compared to the other two hotels which constantly brought you new interesting things to try and enjoy, and if I had to see one more bill of ~8 euros for a bottle of water I was going to go crazy. You are telling me at a 750/night hotel they don’t give you but two mini bottles of water (luckily down the hill there is a store you can stock up on all the necessities for much, much cheaper), oh and the half board great except you will still spend 80+ euros a night on dinner if you want wine. And please one request, at a place like this the staff should at least act like they are happy to be there….

Now on to other problems. There is a huge language barrier, the restaurant staff was still trying to speak French with me on my 7th day there, at a hotel this small that’s hard to believe. The front office staff had the same problems. “Excuse me maam the food in the mini fridge has already been eaten before we got here and placed back in the fridge.” “You sure sir” “ Yes I’m sure” “Ok no problem don’t worry about it.” Of course our whole stay there the mini fridge was never restocked once and this problem was never fixed. The rental car is great and you will def enjoy getting around the island, but even here I felt like corners were being cut. Turned on the car to find it completely out of gas so the first site we saw was the magnificent gas station and the salesman through a 10 euro/day "insurance" charge on with no approval from us but we didnt feel like arguing it.

If you want to stay up past 900 (after dinner) good luck. Some reviewers on here are correct when saying the staff does not make you feel welcome in doing this that leaves a lot of room for you to kill doing what? It is my belief that the kitchen is very limited, fish 4 nights with a different sauce and 2 nights of curry. When my wife got sick they couldn’t cook a thing for her except toast. Clear chicken or vegetable soup was requested and what we got back was a creamy I don’t know what soup not to mention the only check in we got from the staff was two phone calls the last 10 hours of our stay. What time are you leaving tomorrow, 1130, to which they said ok no problem and then another one at 1030 saying we needed to get out of the room bc the next guest had arrived. When asked where we should go they said you can sit by the pool (in the ridiculous heat), my wife had been unable to get out of bed for two days and they knew this. I don’t know want to even get into the story of when she got sick, it was truly horrible and took 30 minutes of arguing with the front desk to get the ridiculous charge reversed on their sponsored trip which I was charged a full day’s price trip to the island for a one way 16 year old driver who was doing nothing and then picked up a whole boat full of people after that.

When we got to our next spot the four seasons we had a nurse in our room 3 minutes after checking in, chicken noodle soup, medicine, all kinds of fruits and foods all kinds of other stuff, plus they constantly checked on us, all for the same price. Now maybe I’m needy, but for 750 euros / night I expect a lot more than I got from this hotel. They know the status quo, throw them a curve ball and you are in a lot of trouble.

In summary I dont want to discount the hotel. As I said on a shorter stay I would probably give it 3 maybe 4 stars. However, I found the other hotels we stayed at on the islands to be much more worthy of a 5* review and give the right service for the price you pay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lefkada, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Very beautiful hotel on a great spot. We stayed at the villa with 2 spacious bedrooms. The staff is very friendly and overall we had a great stay. The hotel offered us a car during our stay as it is not that close to the beach. The breakfast is very nice and the food too. Even if it is not a la carte and they have a different menu everyday, we asked them something different and they prepared it for us. It is a small hotel with only 9 rooms and almost all of them keep their privacy. The only bad I have to say is that we were the last ones on the restaurant and we felt like the staff wanted us to go so they close. They asked us if they can take the plates before we finish our meal. Also we booked at the reception for a massage and the guy that made the massage didn't know what type we booked so we had a misunderstanding. Overall I would highly recommend Chateau de feuilles and it's relaxation atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights last week in the Chateau de Feuilles and it was an amazing experience. The hotel has a magic location on top of a hill facing the sea and the small baie St Anne. Has only 9 rooms, with simple and traditionla decoration, very clean and comfortable. Our room had a small nice terrace with beautiful seaviews. The restaurant is extraordinary, the best food we had in our whole vacation. Breakfast absoultely delicious very "homemade" , and the dinners are different menus every night, all of them amazingly good, from the starter, to the desserts. Virginia and Francis made our stay very pleasant and were always willing to help, and solve any issue we might have. The visit to Grand Soeur the private island owned by the hotel on sunday, was simply perfect, we got there by boat, had a great picnic on the beach with grilled fresh fish and chicken, salads and great banano bread. We could swim surrounded by coloured fishes only with the company of the other guests and the workers from the hotel. Was an awesome experience I would recommend everyone. The hotel is perfect, charming and makes you really feel the seychelois vibe while feeling home so far away from home. I would definetly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Chateau de Feuilles? Share your experiences!