“Fabulous weekend” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Groton, New York, United States
“Fabulous weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Husband and I stayed the weekend of Jan 11-13. From the time we checked in the entire place was fabulous. Quick check in with smiling faces, beautiful room with a fantastic view. We ate all our meals at the Acorn grill. Our waitress (Alysia) for almost every single meal was the best. She was definitely one of a kind. Very friendly and attentive. Laura booked us our room and we could not have asked for anyone better. She even called to make sure everything was to our liking. Hunter in dining was also one of a kind, very attentive too. I plan to go again for a longer stay and I have been telling my family members and friends they all need to experience Hope Lake Lodge. 5 stars in my book. Thank you for letting us experience such a wonderful weekend. Every single person we came in contact with was very friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and the view was fabulous. Overlooking the pools and lake.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gayle K, Owner at Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hello:
Thank you for taking your time to write such a wonderful review of Hope Lake Lodge. It was very nice of you to mention the staff members by name, they appreciate it very much. Our goal is to provide an enjoyable stay for every guest and we are happy that your expectations were met. We look forward to your next visit. If you would like any ideas for things to do in the area please give me a call. During the summer there are wine tours by boat, sailing on Seneca Lake and many other attractions in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

great weekend at Greek Peak. The snowtubing was amazing - the perfect snow adventure for the people in your party who don't ski. Get there early in the morning and you will have no lines. The Mountain Coaster was a big hit as well. We had guest out to enjoy the waterpark and they loved it.

The restaurant has changed its menu and found a new chef so we were pleased with the food. When we stayed before this was not our favorite part.

Overall, a beautiful facility and a great place to stay with kids

Room Tip: all the rooms are quiet and very clean. Choose one with a balcony.
Hello:

Thanks for staying with us!. Anthony our new chef was glad to get his first mention in a review on TripAdvisor and the staff and I are happy that you took the time to write a review. Thank you.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife, teenage daughter and I spent three nights at Hope Lake Lodge right after New Year's. The drive from New York City, via Binghamton, took about 4 1/2 hours. The place seemed like Winter Wonderland -- there was more than a foot of snow on the ground, and it snowed almost continuously while we were there. Our top-floor two-level room with loft area (and separate bathrooms and TVs) was more than adequate for the three of us, and was furnished with a full kitchen and gas fireplace.
Although designed primarily with children in mind, the indoor/outdoor water park was quite impressive, featuring a wave pool and a variety of slides. A high point of the experience was sitting comfortably in the outdoor part of the hot tub while snow fell on our heads.
The resort also features a full-service upscale spa and a fairly well-furnished fitness center.
The only notable inconvenience was that, although the food is good, the resort's restaurant is the only dining facility within several miles. (The alternatives in Cortland include a decent Mexican restaurant, and there are more possibilities in Ithaca, some 20 miles away.)
All in all, a restful getaway vacation and positive experience. Would definitely consider going back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gayle K, Owner at Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hello:
Thank you for your recent visit to Hope Lake Lodge. It sounds like you all had a relaxing and enjoyable stay. We hope that you will think of us for future getaways. If you do travel here on Thursday, Friday or Saturday the Gatherings is a great restaurant about 1.5 miles away. During the winter we have a restaurant in the base of the ski area called Orion’s and at the Adventure Center there is the Creekside Inn. If you would like to call me prior to your next visit I would be happy to recommend some places to eat and we could talk about other activities that you might like to enjoy.
Нью-Йорк, Нью-Йорк
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We booked a family suite and a winter ski camp (5 days skiing for kids) for 2012 Christmas vacation. My two kids with my husband spent all 5 days skiing and snowboarding. It is super well organized ski camp with great instructors both for kids and adults and very friendly personnel. I had to stay in a hotel with my youngest daughter. The hotel is very comfortable, not too crowded as Wolf Lodge and there is enough services on the site - friendly and affordable babysitting, indoor water park, lovely spa. For dinners we stayed one night in the hotel restaurant, which was fine and then every night we went to Cortland for different dining experience. The best was Hairy Tony pub on the Main st. - highly recommended for any taste and age, as everything was cooked to perfection.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gayle K, Owner at Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Hello:
Thank you for spending your Christmas Holiday at Greek Peak! The Greek Peak Ski Club has been doing camps for decades and I’m glad that you found us! We hope that you return next Christmas. The Jr Ski and Ride School is doing their winter camp Presidents week Feb 18-22, 2013 three or five consecutive days. If you visit the Greek Peak website you can look under lessons and find the camp details. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Purchased a nice deal for this place that included water park passes for one day and skiing or adventure center passes for one day. Before I booked this, I made it a point to call and confirm that if we chose not to do skiing and did adventure center passes instead that it would include snow tubing. I was told YES, NO PROBLEM. When I checked in I also confirmed this point and was told yes, snow tubing would be included in the adventure center pass. Well, I took my 3yr old on the shuttle and to the adventure center to snow tube. He was sooooooo excited!! We primarly booked this for the snow tubing. When we arrived we were denied and told that snow tubing was NOT included. Total disappointment and my 3yr old cried for about 20min. I took him on the mountain coaster instead and he did like that alot so it was fun but lasted about 5minutes instead of a day of fun in the snow. I then checked with the front desk again at that lodge and this time was told no, sorry. I just feel mislead and it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. We had fun at the water park the next day and then went home. I would have gone again if they didn't misrepresent them selves. Maybe it's just a lack of communication between Greek Peak and Hope Lake Lodge...i'm not sure. Either way, we had a good time but probably won't go back. I just don't understand why you can ski but can't snow tube...odd.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gayle K, Owner at Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Hello
I’m very glad that you came to vacation at our resort. We are sorry that your child was disappointed the day you went to the Adventure Center. A couple things to keep in mind if you decide to return, and we hope that you will, is that the sno-tubing ticket is for five hours and the tubing runs are only open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Also, there are height requirements children must be 42” tall to sno-tube. This is for their safety the tubing runs are quite long and participants get moving very fast. The Adventure Pass lasts all day so there is time for multiple rides on the mountain coaster. The coaster is an exciting fun adventure for both of you and much safer as you are together in the same coaster with your child moving as quickly as 28 miles an hour down the mountain. All the centers have different days and hours of operation. You can check days and times on the home page of the hotel website by clicking on the weekly events then checking the Adventure Center & Activities held at the Hotel. We will continue to work on our staff communications and information. Thank you for your comments I have made some changesd on the hotel website today that may help and we do hope that you will return with your family.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Pros:
-Had a nice water park for kids
-Close to Greek Peak (but not close enough to walk, unfortunately)
-Very friendly and helpful staff
-Nice room with 2 full bathrooms and slept 6 adults

Cons:
-Pool/hot tub part of the water park
(closed at 7pm on weekdays and full of kids/no where to sit!!)
-Not close enough to walk to the ski hill

My family and I stayed here recently and really enjoyed it! The location is great (right next to Greek Peak for skiing) and the hotel had many great features such as an indoor water park and great rooms! We had 5 adults and 2 kids, so we got a room that had a second story loft. The room had two full bathrooms, a FULL kitchen that was stocked with dishes and pans, 2 TVs, a table, a balcony (unfortunately didn't overlook the ski hill) and slept 6 adults (a normal bed upstairs, a pullout couch bed, and a murphy bed). We loved the room but wished the lodge was located closer to the ski hill because we had to drive or take the shuttle every time we wanted to go. The staff were very nice, but didn't know information regarding the ski hill, although they were very helpful concerning the lodge. The biggest downside was that the pool and hot tub (which were half outside/half inside) closed at 7pm on the weekdays because they were part of the water park and closed with it. You could access the pool and hot tub for free as a guest but it was so crowded with children from the water park, that I wish there would have been a separate facility for guests or possibly adults only that was open much later. We would definitely stay here again though!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your feedback. We have just recently included the pool and hot tub as part of the room reservation. Previously you had to purchase a waterpark pass to use the pool and hot tub. We will use your feedback to evaluate our procedures moving forward. Thanks and hope to see you again soon!
Pittsford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I booked it for 2 nights for after Christmas family getaway. I did a lot of research on its facilities and also checked TripAdvisor. It was a winner of 2012 TripAdvisor Award.

A deal on TravelZoo made it sweeter (in fact one of the reservation agents told me about it).

It did not disappoint. We were impressed by the room (Eagle's Nest, Sleep 6 (Max 8) which is a 2-story unit, well equipped and well pointed. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast is ok.

The indoor water park is great for the winter time. The ski slope literally across the street (Greek's Peak) is great for the kids. We also visited the nearby city of Ithaca.

We probably will come back in the summer time - we have not explored the lake in its namesake yet. We will book the spa on arrival next time - did not occur to me it is in such high demand.

Room Tip: The Eagle's Nest units are on the 5th floor. Highly recommended.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gayle K, Owner at Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hello:

We are all very happy that your Christmas family vacation met your expectations! Thank you for taking the time to let travelers know about your stay. We look forward to your return trip this summer. Hiking the gorges of Ithaca, Buttermilk Falls, Taughannock Falls, and Devils Falls in Robert H. Treman State Park is always fun. There are 1000’s of acres of NY State Land to hike behind the Hotel. Feel free to contact me before you come and I would be happy to send you a map of the area and some information on local museums and theater and of course shopping the Fingerlakes with the unique gift shops can be very interesting.

Been to Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center? Share your experiences!