“Wonderful hospitality with superb views.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Hotel website $20 off
Ranked #1 of 15 Hanmer Springs B&B and Inns
Queensland
“Wonderful hospitality with superb views.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

We started our New Zealand holiday with 2 nights at Marchmont Gardens. The accomodation is very comfortable with beautiful views of the garden and snow capped mountains. The golf course is next door and the club house can be accessed by walking through the garden. Pete and Bindy's hospitality is outstanding. Lots of travel and golfing tips and treats such as wine, nibbles, home baked muffins, biscuits and the like. We were able to "self cater" using the kitchenette and barbeque. We enjoyed our stay so much that we returned for another 2 nights at the end of our holiday. A great place for golfers who enjoy luxury and a "home away from home". Not to be missed!
The Spillanes (Brisbane)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Marchmont Gardens accommodation, decor and location are all fantastic. Nothing however could overshadow the discreet service that you will receive from Bindy & Peter. Nothing is too much trouble and everything is a pleasure. A most relaxing and happy stay in this charming part of the world - we will be back to Marchmont Gardens for more hikng, biking, golf and fine hospitality.

Bindy's breakfasts and night time treats are divine.

The Rookes
Sydney / Queenstown

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
lower hutt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

This is B & B with class, providing a relaxed but high quality environment. Bindy and Pete were really pleasant, thoughtful and considerate hosts while at the same time respecting our privacy. Many thoughtful touches in evidence:- home baking, fruit platter, home-made (and excellent!) relishes in the complimentary nibbles plate, and a bag with towels to take to the hot pools. Great breakfasts! Self-contained room and facilities, with a stunning view of the mountains and a lovely garden right outside the door. Quiet location - just what we needed. Hope to return here - our best B & B experience.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
North Otago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

After a long hard winter hubby and I took off for a couple of nights to sit in the hot pools of Hanmer springs.

Hubby being pessimist and a perfectionist I had worried about the accommodation which I had chosen on line. (The web site is a must to visit.)

We arrived to a warm friendly welcome from Bindy and shown to our room which is separate to the house. We both stood there with our mouths open stunned by the beautiful room. The little touches and good quality fixtures just made everything luxurious. The view from the room was magical. From the garden to the mountains it would be even prettier when the flowers come out.

It was the small touches which made every thing so special from turning our beds down at night, the wine and nibbles, glass of wine a chat with Pete and Bindy on the second night. The use of towels for the pools. They have a wealth of knowledge of the area and willing to share.

The only problem I had was I woke at 4am to the sound of silence and wondered where the heck I was. Only to remind myself oh that’s right I’m in heaven.

Thanks Bindy and Pete .

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

From the moment we arrived (albeit late from our drive from Christchurch), our hostess Bindy couldn't have been more accomodating. Kind of like an auntie you haven't seen in a while, lovely and knowledgeable. When we asked her about hiring bikes, she said she would leave some out for us in the morning (his and hers matching which was cute). The room was just perfect. Electric blankets on the bed and even a kitchenette. There was a nice selection of DVD's (once again - his and hers) to watch on the generous Flat screen telly. I loved waking up to the snow covered peaks and riding through town. I must say that you must eat at "Saint's" Restaurant up the road. The Stone Grill Beef and Lamb was sooo delicious.
Thankyou Bindy for everything. The perfect start to our holiday.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Christchurch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

My partner and I were after a relaxing break for the weekend. We’d like to thank Bindy and Pete for giving us just that. The accommodation was first class and hospitality something special. By the time we left we felt as though we’d become part of the family. Thanks again for the great weekend. We’ll be back in summer for that game of golf and to try out the new BBQ!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Christchurch by way of Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

My wife and I loved this place. Great views, great hostess, great unit. Unlike most B&Bs Marchmont is two ajoining units that are separate from the main house. No shared resources. This is a nice touch and would make it feel a bit like a luxury vacation rental home if not for the wonderful service. Bindy was so helpful on our first visit to Hanmer Springs and she makes a great breakfast. I could try to list all the amenities, but I'm sure I'd miss something, so check out their website! These units were well appointed, decorated and warm even in the heart of winter. Both my wife and I were able to fully relax and immensely enjoyed out stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Marchmont Gardens? Share your experiences!