“Warren H.” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Five Stags
9 Campbell St, Cambridge 3432, New Zealand (Formerly Five Stags - Leamington)
(07) 823 3566
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Warren H.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have visited the 5 Stags several times seeing that it is my local.The atmoshere is great , staff are friendly, food is yummy. Drink prices are fairly high, they are up there with big city prices, but it is a real asset to Cambridge.

“Good local bar/restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This place has a great atmosphere and comfortable variety of seating. As a woman I would recommend going here as a bar or taking the husband here for dinner.

Visited June 2014
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“This restaurant/ pub is a real Treasure.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Several people had recommended Five Stags to us so we thought we would try it on our way home from the Field Days last Friday night. We arrived at about 7 pm to a great atmosphere, fantastic music by Dan McCarthy which only got even better as the evening progressed and his two band members joined him. We hadn't made a reservation so the restaurant was full but we were able to have a delicious bar meal in front of the beautiful fireplace, we would have stayed longer but we had to get to Taupo that night. The staff were fantastic and extremely professional we got the impression that the whole place is well managed. I would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant/pub to you all, you honestly won't be disappointed. It is a real treasure.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, New Zealand
“Nice Pub atmosphere close to home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

It's a great Pub with a great restaurant. Food is very good and service is attentive. Would definitely recommend it.

Visited February 2014
Hamilton
“Very poor customer service and communication”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We attended for early dinner (6 pm 19 March 6 adults, 2 children) to celebrate a family birthday. We had a very disappointing evening, and a week later I wrote to the manager and detailed the problems. It’s two months later and I haven’t received a reply. As a result I will never go there again. However, I hope that other people may benefit from the time I spent writing to management (1½ pages) detailing the problems, (long delays especially for children’s meals) no mention of blackboard specials, overcooked steak, having to ask for cutlery for children’s desserts. Constant offers of more drinks. I specified no cucumber in salad but received it anyway and what a poor salad. We had a pleasant, waitress, trainee?, who was really struggling. Obviously a popular place and I hope others have a better experience but once was enough for me!

• Visited March 2014