“Best place to be” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Nora

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Yaque
Casa Nora
You added Casa Nora to your Saves list
2 Calle de Laguna de las Marites, El Yaque, Margarita Island 6301, Venezuela   |
Ranked #2 of 10 El Yaque B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Best place to be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We decided to go on a vacation but never expected to get in a place as beautiful , the food as FANTASTIC , relaxing, and our hosts , Nora, Al and Lucy to be so great.
From the start Nora took care of showing us the where and what to do .
They are themselves kite surfers and windsurfers and very cool and down to earth peoples, we are usually pretty much self sufficient while traveling , but here it was nice and easy to be guided by Nora and just fallowing her advice, the place is a paradise , quiet at night super clean and i do a comeback on the breakfast O.M.G.
The beach is about 3 1/2 minutes walk, and the area is super safe, at no moment i felt the need to be on my guards and it was good.
When ever you needed something they were arranging on the spot what you needed , could not have time to say the next sentence they were on the phone.
Dentist as been arranged , taxi arranged etc etc etc .
I challange any one to go on a bike ride with Al , he is in great shape so i just sate back and watch.
Lucy keep the casa clean and the food ................ ok enough lolll
The activities here are mainly kite and windsurfing but if you do not do any of those you can do a lots as well , the island is big and many things to visit.
We will comeback here , it is great and very very relaxing.
i would give a 15 but only 5 dots to judge.
I recommand very much to come spend your holidays here

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Bruxelles, Belgique
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

If you plan to go to Isla Margarita, this is the place to stay. Casa Nora is full of charm, with very well decorated rooms and a fantastic breakfast every morning.

It has a very good and quiet location, five minutes by walk from the beach and without the noise from the beach parties! We were in an hotel on El Yaque beach last year and there is no comparison!!!

Last but not least, Nora and Al are very nice and friendly, always of good advise. We had a great time doing yoga lessons with Nora, mountain biking with Al, not to mention the kiting on the best spots!

We will definitely come back!

Laurent and Magda

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

OK, I've been to el yaque 8 times now. This is the best place I've stayed hands down. Al and Nora (and Luz) have created the perfect home base. The hospitality is professional and personable. From the time they pick you up at the airport (yeah no cab ride) to the time they drop you off. Breakfasts are a creative mix of continental and latin blend with hot and cold choices. Being a swimmer along with my girlfriend we were able to maintain some fitness (or burn off the alcohol) using the lap pool (20m). Prolly cleaner than some public pools I've used in the states and europe. So if the windsurfing doesn't cut it the pool or Al's mountain biking tours should do it.

Room Tip: The casitas were excellent and very private
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

Casa Nora is the perfect place on Margaita Island to get away from the world. Nora and Al are the perfect hosts - laid back, friendly, and utterly friendly. We stayed in the loft, which was perfect for 3. The breakfasts were fabulous. After a rigorous day of watching wind and kite surfers on the beach, a refreshing dip in the lap pool gets you ready to head back to the nearby restaurants in El Yaque. I know we will be back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

Firstly, if you are going to El Yaque I would highly recommend to stay at Casa Nora! Read on and I'll explain why.

1. Nora and Al are the perfect hosts! Super friendly, active and social people. This was my first solo windsurf vacation, but it felt like I was wisiting friends from day one.

2. Active lifestyle. Nora and Al are super active people and they welcome their guests to join in on Nora's power yoga sessions (07:00) in the garden or Al's great mountainbiking tours (06:30) to "Killer mountains" - all levels are welcome. This is the perfect start of the day. Did I mention that they also have a lap pool?

3. Really nice rooms. I had my own casita with seperate bathroom, big bed and a sofa, TV/DVD, refigerator, aircondition and fan. Clean and tidy!

4. Great and healthy breakfast. Before windsurfing for 5-6 hours you need a power breakfast. I got fantastic pancakes, bacon, toast, fresh fruits and juice, omelettes, eggs, cereals....you name it. After breakfast you can enjoy the fantastic view with loads of good coffe.

5. Airport pick up and delivery service. Nora or Al will pick you up, this was very convenient. El Yaque and Casa Nora is only a 15 min drive from the airport.

6. Quiet and safe. Casa Nora is located a five minute walk from the beach, this makes it very quiet and you are guaranteed a good night sleep.

7. Guided tour. The first day Nora gave me a guided tour in the "city", showing me where everything is located, the best restaurants, shops etc.

8. Chill out in the garden. Nice garden with hammocks and sunbeds for you to relax after a day of fantastic wind- or kitesurf. Maybe Nora and Al will join you for a after surf beer?

9. Free WiFi, magazines and DVD for all guests. Action, comedy, drama, surf, kite, mtb - they got it all!

10. I choose Casa Nora because I wanted something different than a big beach front hotel - and I really got it!

Nora and Al, thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

A home away from home in El Yaque! We have stayed with Al and Nora (owners of CasaNora) two years running now and recommend this little gem to anyone venturing to Margarita. Where to even begin....start your day with Al at 6am on a desert mountain bike adventure (any skill level), or with Nora for yoga then feast on the best restaurant quality breakfast you have ever had! Then make the 15min walk to the beach for a full day of kiting and return in the evening after beach appies for great hammock conversation with Al, Nora, SuperDave and other guests. What a well rounded place that seriously offers something for any traveler or small family. Friendly, generous and a wealth of information, Al and Nora might as well be the mayor's of El Yaque.

Extremely clean (thnxs Louisy), all the amenities and airport pickup go without saying. Not a single complaint. The premium product Nora and Al offer deserves a slightly increased price....if your get lucky enough to booked in here, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Murten, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

Casa Nora is the perfect place for wind and kitesurf holidays! Nora and Al are lovely and charming hosts, very open minded, helpful and always in a good mood for a chat. I was very glad to be at such a personal place, because I was alone on holidays for 4 weeks and I felt myself directly at home at Casa Nora. For example they picked me up at the airport, showed me El Yaque, the different kite stations, the good restaurants and helped me to change money and to get all my kite stuff down to the beach to a kitestation.

I stayed in the lovely decorated "Suite" and in the "Casita", where I could cook even on my own. But I must say, it's not a good idea to cook in El Yaque on your own, because there are a lot of great restaurants (italian, french, meat and fish ...) , where you can eat for no a lot of money.

I was glad to stay at a place a little bit away from the beach (five minutes walk), where it can be at night very noisy. The people who stayed in hotels at the beach were jealous when they saw my place. And even as a woman it was no problem to walk at night from the beach home. I felt very safe.

In the morning I loved to go with Al on a mountain bike tour along the coast or up the "killer mountains". Afterwards I enjoyed the delicious breakfast cooked by sweet Luz. In the morning I had always a spanish lesson with a nice woman, which was arranged by Nora. The rest of the day I spent on the beach kitesurfing. When I was not tired enough from kitesurfing, I loved to jump in the evening in the pool of Casa Nora to swim one kilometer.

In the Christmas week the beach was very crowded, but fortunately there are a lot of kitestations, which organize boat trips to close beaches, where you can kite almost alone. At the main beach the kiters have only a small place to get out and in and there at the beach is a wind hole. That's the thing i didn't like at this spot. Outside the riding it's O.K. and you have a lot of space.

I will go back to El Yaque and then for sure again to Casa Nora!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Been to Casa Nora? Share your experiences!