“Great tuna and veggie sandwich! Good prices” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Mancora
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill, Pasta, Argentinean
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Argentinean restaurant specialized in grilled beef, homemade pasta and smoked fish. Available both for lunch and dinner, we also offer a large variety of sandwiches, snacks and natural juices. Happy hour every night with both classic and modern cocktails. Our eclectic food, friendly atmosphere and carefully picked music guarantee a great time!
Lima, Peru
“Great tuna and veggie sandwich! Good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great alternative in Mancora. Quality and good service! Excelent mint julep. Veggie sandwich is pretty good even if your not a vegeterian. Great bread.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador
“Brilliant restaurant on a busy road”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I spent over two months renting a house near Mancora and had various guests stay with me. This was voted overwhelmingly as the best value in town for both steak and Tuna. Friendly staff.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Creative Argentine Grill with Peruvian Twist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

If you find yourself in Mancora wishing for a change from the sublime local cuisine but don't want to compromise on quality or ambiance, then definitely give La Mosca en la Sopa a try. We didn't know going in that the cuisine was Argentine (and so, specialized in grilled meats), but we were soon won over by the great spot overlooking the main avenue in Mancora (great for people watching), the fantastic pisco sours, and the eclectic menu. My boyfriend had the steak upon recommendation but I had gotten used to the amazing fish dishes in Peru and was reluctant to stray (especially since there would be no more fresh, scrumptious fish for me once I got back to frigid Toronto) so I went with pan seared tuna steak, medium, in Rochefort cheese sauce..... absolutely sublime. My only regret was not ordering it rare. For dessert we also went with the server's recommendation - a concoction made up of variety of interesting local root vegetables (I could only recognize the sweet potatoes...) I had never eaten before. I can't say I loved sweet potato as a dessert but it was not bad at all, and made for an interesting departure from the usual chocolate or fruit based sweets.

I would certainly go back to this place again.

Visited December 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Just perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Wish I could eat the entire menu... the tuna was really tasty and well presented. Very tentative staff, would love to go back!

London, United Kingdom
“Great steaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I suppose you'd expect great steaks from an Argentinian owned restaurant? Anyway this place didn't disappoint. The service was also good and out of the other restaurants we visited during our week long stay in Mancora I would suggest this was definitely the best.

Visited December 2013