“Hotel Buena Vista” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Buena Vista Mancora

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mancora
Buena Vista Mancora
You added Buena Vista Mancora to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Pasaje Jose Olaya No. 159, Mancora, Peru   |
Ranked #22 of 38 Specialty Lodging in Mancora
Lima, Peru
“Hotel Buena Vista”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

Good hotel in great location, Owners are friendly and helpful. Room was a little hot, no A/C but a second fan was provided which helped greatly. Many mosquitoes and flies, so bring a zapper or fly spray. Otherwise great hotel and location

Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
albertamaggie11
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

After spending two weeks at Buena Vista resort I felt rejuvenated, relaxed, peaceful and very sad to leave. The owners were so friendly and welcoming, I instantly felt I had just reunited with two old friends. If you are looking for spotless rooms, spectacular sunsets, relaxing days on the beach, excellent service, friendly staff and delicious food, I recommend Buena Vista Resort. I know I found the best place to stay in all of Mancora. Buena Vista is a true Oasis. I will be back.
Margaret James
Alberta Canada

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

Fabulous! Perfect position on Mancora Beach for peace & quiet, yet a shot walk to the beachfront restaurants. Owners very helpful and friendly and you may even get a bagpipe concert! Apartments are perfect and well maintained.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
peru
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

I had asked for a room with an ocean view we got a room on the 1st. floor no view and no breeze, with-out air conditioning we could only tolerate 2-days and had to leave Mancora-Peru is very hot and the room was huge but in need of basic upgrades for example the king size bed had a queen size sheet as the flat sheet (Tacky) the blue 2-bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths they provided are 15 years old and rough, we asked for 2-more towels and they said it would cost 8 soles more per day, then they also said they only clean room and change the towels every 2-days, the 2-inch sized bath soap was cheap and organic green not sure what to make of it we had to buy our own and then we discovered the room was not air conditioned even though it states in brochure and travel book that there is air conditioning...So not a good stay and ould not return here again. But from what we witnessed in Mancora this was one of the better properties in this region therefore; next trip will skip Mancora, very dirty and mainly a hippy trap for back-packers and people that that like to sweat ...Coming from the USA it was a very bad imitation of a beach vacation....

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2009

i been there in Christmas time and I have to admit, It's been the best holidays ever.
The hotel is well situated above the beach, You can enjoy the brezze smell. All so natural and peaceful.
The owners Ofelia and John were friendly and helpful. The apartment has got a lovely and comfortable double bed which was amazing to me.
The apartment was inmaculate clean and tidy.
I stay four days. The price is razonable
The pool is massive and very clean.
I have been before but the owners toldme they just took over the hotel so I'm glad they did in my holiday time because a friend of mine was in Mancora before but she couldn't find nothing like it.
However I congratulate the owners who made from the hotels a dign places to stay in.

• Liked — the privacy
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2009

Within half an hour of arriving. My Wife and i were checked in to our apartment and were sitting by the pool within half an hour. The apartment was clean and spacious. The beach is a stones throw away and was very romantic to go for a walk in the evening. The owners were friendly and helpful. I would certainly recommend this family run hotel to any of my friends and family. Value for money!!

• Liked — spacious and clean
  • Disliked — Its a pity there is no place to eat on premises but you can cook your own.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2009

I recently stayed at Buena Vista Mancora for three nights in January 2009 and the property and owners were wonderful. The property is extremely clean, safe and has terrific access to a semi-private beach and a very nice pool as well. The rooms were well appointed, clean and comfortable. The owners John and his wife Ofelia went out of their way to help us and make sure everything was great. We arrived earlier then expected at 5:00AM and were very tired from a 10-hour bus ride. They were nice enough to let us stay in an amazing room and rest until our room was ready at 1:00PM. This is something I have never experienced at other hotels. Also after we checked out they let us lounge around the pool and in the restaurant until our bus departed at 10:00PM. The level of service and attention was outstanding. The location of the hotel in Mancora is nice and it is vastly superior to any others in the area near the town of Mancora. I would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Mancora to have a relaxing vacation in a great location.

• Liked — The owners/service and beach access
  • Disliked — Internet access
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Buena Vista Mancora? Share your experiences!