“Bed and breakfast on the beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn

Save Saved
You added Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn to your Saves list
Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   A3 Ocean Blvd | PO Box 1043, Luquillo 00773, Puerto Rico   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay 6 nights pay for 5 !
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Luquillo
Pennsylvania
“Bed and breakfast on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We really enjoyed staying here. It is a bed and breakfast, not a resort, so if you are expecting resort amenities, this is not the place for you. However, if you want a great breakfast, clean rooms, and an incredibly friendly staff, I highly recommend this place. They helped us arrange our excursions and even found a surfing lesson for my grandson right in front of the hotel. It is centrally located for the rainforest and the excursions in Fajardo.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Charlottesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

A wonderful quirky little boutique hotel right across a small street from the beach. The staff is super friendly and helpful and there are nice restaurants within strolling distance. Rooms are clean and comfortable with fantastic views of the surfer portion of the beach you will have to walk down the beach for about two or three minutes to get to the calmer swimming beach. I can understand why they have so much repeat business, I will be going back there.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies with direct views of the beach
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Edison, New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

A perfect combination of good location (oceanview and proximity to bio-bays, ferries, rain-forest, kiosks), friendly staff (especially Mario who helped us plan our itinerary) and value for money. Open terrace overlooks the Luquillo beach, hosts free-hot-breakfast and a hammock for relaxation. You can walk down to nearby beach for snorkelling or drive down to nearby kiosks for local delicacies (our favorite was Mofongos at Congos).

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A great place to stay, across the street from the beach. Easy walk to swimmming, snorkeling and beachcombing. Close to Fajardo, where ferries leave for Culebra and Vieques, 15 minute dirive to El Yunque, 45-50 minutes to Old San Juan. Staff was exceptionally attentive and helpful. Room clean and comfortable. Our room on the third floor had a balcony with ocean view, where you can hear the surf and watch the sunrise, see the lighthouse at night. Enjoyed having breakfast on the "breakfast balcony" every moning. Highly recommended if you don't need 5 star accomodations but want a clean, comfortable place to stay, with a staff that goes out of their way to make you feel very welcome.

Room Tip: There are three floors. We stayed in a third floor room, which had an excellent ocean view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This place had very friendly staff, free and cooked to order breakfast in the morning, rooms with balconies facing the ocean, and it's cheap!! The only problem I had was our bed was very uncomfortable. We both were tossing, turning and groaning all night. Considering the only thing I really require from a hotel room is a comfy bed, this is where they came up short. The breakfast, however was awesome and the room where we ate it was a brightly painted ocean/sea life theme, which I really enjoyed. The location is a little sketch the surrounding neighboorhood is pretty much the ghetto with abandoned buildings everywhere. Just don't hang out there. Instead, drive 5 minutes away to El Yunque or the beautiful Luquillo Beach with plenty of snorkeling and bio bay tours available! I have to mention this because we still have no clue where it was taken but somehow between staying here and the Fajardo Inn a town over, my boyfriend had his Macbook Pro stolen. The laptop never left our hotel rooms with us. He kept it packed up most of the time which is why we didn't discover immediately that it was stolen! Stupid, stupid!! We only stayed a night in each place. I am NOT saying it was this place/staff, but we both really have no clue!! We called both places and of course, neither of them had found it. Other than that unfortunate situation we really enjoyed our stay in Puerto Rico.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have been to Puerto Rice three times in the last year. The first trip I wasn't aware of this hotel but stayed in three others around the island. This hotel I the most Comfortable one I have stayed in. The Beds are great.
I stayed in room 36 on my last trip and it was great. The view from the balcony was amazing. I couldn't ask for a better one. The bed was comfortable and cozy. It was so nice to wake up to the beautiful sunrise. I would leave my blinds open and wake up to the beautiful view. While I was there the last time there were two Leather Back sea turtles that made land fall not to far from the hotel and nested. It was a beautiful site to see. The Breakfast was really good and freshly made when you site down. Fresh Coffee and Juices, fresh fruit and pastries, plus a hot fresh cooked different entrée every morning. It was Delicious.
It is a great hotel to stay at if you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of the big resorts. The staff makes you feel like family while you are there and the local restaurants are really good. Boardriders bar and grill, Guavas, Pasty Y pueblo just to name a few.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Culebra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

When I travel for my business on the small island of Culebra often times I must stay on the main island of Puerto Rico. Finding a safe ,clean and friendly place to stay was a challenge.
I stopped looking once I found the Luquillo SunRise Inn. This little jewel with its ample rooms ,amazing ocean views. The beds are oh so comfy and new. once my Hubby and i get into bed here its ocean lullabies and the cool trade winds. Quiet surrounds you even though you are in a residential area. And an added plus the beach is right across the street! Then if that's NOT enough there's breakfast. A real breakfast, not that dry cereal in a box and crappy juice but a complete hot breakfast buffet that makes any weary traveler feel renewed and refreshed.
The staff Sherrie, Maria & Isabelle ,Katie ( I'm sure I've forgotten someone, sorry) always ready to step in and help anyway they can.
I cannot say enough nice things about this place it's worth taking the time to check it out, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn? Share your experiences!