“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 56 Restaurants in Luquillo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Puerto Rican, Chicken Wings
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I felt soooo good in this place, very comfortable! Good mojitos and the best stuffed avocado and coconut rice. Good prices! The new owner is a jewel. Ask for René the server.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Worst place in Puerto Rico avoid at any cost”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My english is not so good, but I feel ashamed if a tourist came to this restaurant. This place is the worst. First the orders take more than one hour to serve and they serve first my son and 10 minutes later my wife and after 5 more minutes to me. My son ask for a "mofongo" filled w octopus, this was a simple "mofongo" whit canned octopus on top, my wife ask for a snapper fillet, the taste of this was awful, this only taste like salt water horrible, And to finish my dinner, a skirt steak, this was so bad that push me to write this review about this place, the steak was overdone, and like the snapper , no seasoning, nothing just plain meat, is like they took the frozen meat and make it like that, not even salt, it was so bad that Ieft all of them. Bad, hard disgusting looking, all wrong in this place, this ruined a family get together. And to finish the price was too high, and if anyone dare to came to this place, check well your ticket , they put wrong and more expensive thing on the ticket. I never come back to this place.

New Orleans
“AVOID!!!! Under NEW management/ownership and is NOT the same!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We had a couple of meals at Edelweiss within the last month (in addition to the meal I reviewed down below) which were completely wonderful!!!! HOWEVER.....we went tonight and it LOOKS the same - same name, same tables, same decor....BUT something was 'off' immediately - we did not recognize anyone working there, and when we were handed the HANDWRITTEN menus that did not look anything like the old menus (or even the same type of food!) we knew something was amiss. Rather than walk out, we thought we'd give the new place a try. I asked the owner about the new menu - making a comment that they must be new, or have a new owner. The waiter only spoke 'menu' English, but did not understand anything. I asked where the old owner was, and he made comments about the menu. He obviously didn't understand. They weren't busy (but many of the kiosks weren't, so I didn't find that strange) but we were the only table, so we figured it would at least be a quick meal. WRONG. Our very poorly prepared food was brought out after an hour of being there. I was ready to ask for the bill and leave before our food got there as it took so long, but was assured the food would be just a few more minutes. They brought mine out first, and my husband's about 5 minutes later (no joke!) I ordered the shrimp in butter sauce with vegetables, my husband had the shrimp pasta. The vegetables looked like they were frozen, thawed, re-frozen, then cooked. They were dried looking and over-boiled. The cauliflower was YELLOW, as was the broccoli. I thought I'll just try one to see if maybe they put the butter sauce on it as well, but NOPE - horrible! The shrimp were actually ok. When asked about the food, I did mention the vegetables were not good, and they offered to bring me another side dish. I asked for (and received) just plain white rice. The rice was burnt and/or cooked in a pot too hot and was also horrible. My husband's pasta was the same thing - the shrimp were actually ok, but the pasta was overcooked and completely salty. How do you over-salt pasta??? I could not wait to get out of there. This was by far the worst meal we have had in Puerto Rico since we've been here. The old ownership will be missed and we will not be back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“We won't be back.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We visited Edelweiss during Semana Santa. It was crazy busy everywhere but here, so we stopped in for a few drinks. The service was good, however the bartender gave my husband the wrong rum twice...coconut rum instead of Don Q Cristal. There is a huge difference between the two. We talked with the bartender for quite awhile, but left when he began making negative comments about the native Puerto Rican people insinuating that they were lazy and undependable. Not cool! It seems this place wants to make money off tourists, but is not equally welcoming to the people who live full time in PR. That is a turn off for us.

Visited April 2014
San Jose, California
“My Puerto Rico Vacay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stopped here after our Bioluminesence Bay tour at around 9:00 pm. The waitress was very friendly and we learned she was from Cuba and lived in Northern California prior to settling in PR. The owner is from Austria and is knows German Beers, he is also the creator of Ciclon Energy Drink. We sat here from about 2 hours just talking about the island and having drinks. 4 stars rated on service and friendliness since we did not try any of their food.

• Visited April 2014