“leave your resort and get a taste of real Puerto Rico” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 61 Restaurants in Luquillo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Excellent Restaurant near Luquillo beach, Sea food Specialties lobster, shrimp and much more! And local food, rice & beans Mofongo, all kind of drinks, beers Pina colada and more! We open daily.For groups 10 o more persons recomendamos call before for reservation.
New York
“leave your resort and get a taste of real Puerto Rico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Let me first say that I usually don't write reviews. I'm pretty terrible actually, I use tripadvisor for every trip but never actually contribute. That changes today.

We stayed at El Conquistador in Fajardo and went to El Yunque and stopped here on our way back thanks to TripAdvisor and we were impressed. It's a very quaint, no frills restaurant on a residential block with gates in front of the homes.

Having lived in Puerto Rico for a semester in College, windows with bars is a very normal thing, so don't worry about that.

The restaurant has a gift shop in front and we had to be buzzed in. When we sat down, we were the only people in the restaurant (it was only 6pm) but it was a little disconcerting.

But the food was incredible. Having lived in PR and had my fair share of AUTHENTIC home cooked meals, this food is on par with the best I've ever had. The owner/Host Luis was incredibly nice and warm and his wife, the cook, is an incredible chef.

If you're staying at El Conquistador, it's about a 10-15 minute drive, kinda hard to find but well worth your time. It was so good I even wrote a review.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“tiny family owned gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

if You are Wanting a Nice quaint restaurant with great food & drinks...This is The place You want to go. The owner makes You feel like part of His family. it is a no frills relaxed atmosphere. Perfect fit For our family group of 8. Owner/waiter is so nice. Even When my 8 yr old daughter tipped The table Sideways & spilled my margarita Everywhere. he brought me a new One @ no Charge & made no big deal about the spill. food was tasty & good quality &my 2 daughters Ages 8 & 10 Loved Having The gift shop up front to Browse, They Even Bought cute sun dresses. we get so tired of big chain foods about as much as we get Tired of cooking our own food. here You feel Like Your Dining @ a Family or Friends Place ;) a little hard to Find, but Worth The wheres waldo scavenger hunt to get here

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eagle River, Alaska
“One of the best in Puerto Rico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We have been on the north shore for almost a week and this was the best tasting food we have had so far. There were 6 of us and each of us feel that the hospitality and food were definitely worth seeking this restaurant out for some truly enjoyable dining.

Missouri City, Texas
“One of the most memorable meals I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Have to agree with all the positive comments about the owner/waiter and the food. Best of all were the drinks. We came to eat on a Tuesday night and were the only customers the entire time. While we waited for our food, the owner, also the waiter, walked my kids through the gift shop. He also topped off my pina colada! My wife said her margarita was the best she ever had.

The mofongo was the best I had while in PR. We were all pleased with our food. When it was time to go, it seemed like the owner didn't want us to leave. He insisted we do a shot of his homemade rum with him, which I gladly accepted. Then he gave each of my kids something from the gift shop, and waived to us as we drove off.

All in all, a meal we will fondly remember for years to come.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Great food and Wonderful service. We had group of over 20 people. One of my friends lost her money. The next day, the owner went to out Inn to being the money!

• Visited July 2013