I spent 4 nights at Mar Blue this past April. It was my second stay there, the first was in 2003. Since that time the veranda suites were added, and a second pool, but the friendliness, service and very high standards of the rooms were as I remembered from my previous stay. Axel and Andrea are thoughtful hosts who really went out of their way to make my stay perfect.
Mar Blue is a five star boutique hotel. The king size bed is beautifully with high thread count cotton sheets, the AC is powerful and remotely controlled, the rooms are outfitted with every possible need or want - shampoo, conditioner, bathrobes, extra towels. There are two swimming pools, a lounge with wi-fi, gardens and patio areas, a beautifully decorated restaurant and bar, secure parking and a wide beach area.
I had a second level veranda suite which has a large bedroom with king size bed, bathroom with large shower and large living area open to the veranda. The view out was breathtaking - to the sea with one of the two pools below.
Breakfast is included here and it is made to order - fruit, toast and whatever eggs or omelet I liked, or ackee and saltfish. My own pot of coffee, juice.
I also ate most dinners here and these were some of the best meals I have had anywhere. Kingfish and shrimp in cream sauce, lamb medallions cooked perfectly, this is European cuisine fused with fresh Jamaican ingredients and spices. Every meal was amazing, service was attentive - both from the staff and from the owners (one of whom is the head chef).
After dinner I usually joined the group at the bar for an aperitif and friendly conversation. I could have had all the privacy in the world if I chose - there are a lot of places to be alone here - but I usually chose to enjoy the company of my owner/hosts and other dinner guests.
The beach directly in front of Mar Blue is lovely for walking with pools that vary with the tides, and it is centrally located between Calabash and Frenchmans bays at Olde Wharf. There is a quiet sandy bay just to the left that is lovely for swimming. It is possible to walk a long way on sand, and the fishing beach is just around the corner.
There are lots of places to eat and hang out if you can tear yourself away from Axel's cooking, and boats to Pelican Bar, Black River and Little Ochi can pick you up just a few yards from the beach gate.
7 years later, Mar Blue has only gotten better.
- Also Known As:
- Marblue Villa Hotel
- Marblue Villa Hotel Treasure Beach
- Marblue Hotel St Elizabeth
- Marblue Resort St Elizabeth
- Marblue Villa Suites Jamaica/Treasure Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and be yourself , enjoy the Pool , the Beach and chill in a hammock. 5 Suites each 650 square feet big with closed Bedroom , King Size Beds, open living Room either with direct access to Pool and Beach or upstairs with a wider view over the Caribbean Sea. 1 Suite with Kitchen-nette & private Plunge Pool and available to rent with the next one available as a 2 Bedroom Suite. 1 Suite with 2 Bedrooms - all together available to rent a your private Beachfront Villa.All Suites/Rooms come with complimentary WiFi, Coffee Maker, I-Pod Station & some with its own mini fridge. Located in Old Wharf, the quiet Stretch of Calabash Bay in Treasure Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Marblue Villa Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.