“Unpretentious luxury in Treasure Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marblue Villa Suites

Save Saved
You added Marblue Villa Suites to your Saves list
Marblue Villa Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Old Wharf, Calabash Bay P.A. | Treasure Beach, Treasure Beach, Jamaica   |
Call Hotel:
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Treasure Beach
Central Ohio
“Unpretentious luxury in Treasure Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

I spent 4 nights at Mar Blue this past April. It was my second stay there, the first was in 2003. Since that time the veranda suites were added, and a second pool, but the friendliness, service and very high standards of the rooms were as I remembered from my previous stay. Axel and Andrea are thoughtful hosts who really went out of their way to make my stay perfect.

Mar Blue is a five star boutique hotel. The king size bed is beautifully with high thread count cotton sheets, the AC is powerful and remotely controlled, the rooms are outfitted with every possible need or want - shampoo, conditioner, bathrobes, extra towels. There are two swimming pools, a lounge with wi-fi, gardens and patio areas, a beautifully decorated restaurant and bar, secure parking and a wide beach area.

I had a second level veranda suite which has a large bedroom with king size bed, bathroom with large shower and large living area open to the veranda. The view out was breathtaking - to the sea with one of the two pools below.

Breakfast is included here and it is made to order - fruit, toast and whatever eggs or omelet I liked, or ackee and saltfish. My own pot of coffee, juice.

I also ate most dinners here and these were some of the best meals I have had anywhere. Kingfish and shrimp in cream sauce, lamb medallions cooked perfectly, this is European cuisine fused with fresh Jamaican ingredients and spices. Every meal was amazing, service was attentive - both from the staff and from the owners (one of whom is the head chef).

After dinner I usually joined the group at the bar for an aperitif and friendly conversation. I could have had all the privacy in the world if I chose - there are a lot of places to be alone here - but I usually chose to enjoy the company of my owner/hosts and other dinner guests.

The beach directly in front of Mar Blue is lovely for walking with pools that vary with the tides, and it is centrally located between Calabash and Frenchmans bays at Olde Wharf. There is a quiet sandy bay just to the left that is lovely for swimming. It is possible to walk a long way on sand, and the fishing beach is just around the corner.

There are lots of places to eat and hang out if you can tear yourself away from Axel's cooking, and boats to Pelican Bar, Black River and Little Ochi can pick you up just a few yards from the beach gate.

7 years later, Mar Blue has only gotten better.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Marblue 2 years ago while on vacation, and decided to visit again to have our wedding there. I spent months leading up to the wedding emailing with Axel & Andrea on all the activities/food/parties, and they were so helpful, accommodating and had wonderful ideas to make our celebration unique and special. Our wedding group (about 20 people) and my husband & I, all had an incredible vacation. The food was excellent (as always), the rooms clean and stylish, and the staff very helpful and friendly. We are looking to our next visit to Jamaica and Marblue!

• Stayed April 2010
wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

We loved our stay at Marblue. The folks who own it are just wonderful. They cooked us super good food. The waiter/room staff were awesome, the dog was super friendly & cute, the views amazing, beach beautiful..... We also enjoyed walking into the "town" from here. We never really saw any other tourists & also walked the beach for a long time out to the school on the rocky point. Treasure beach is really a treasure & Marblue was the perfect spot to stay in this area of Jamaica. We loved it!

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
Jena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

Marblue is one of these places where you regret to leave even if you would have stayed there for months. It is a lovely, privately-run hotel: excellent food, tastefully furnished rooms and a charming owner couple who takes of everything. If you look for a getaway from the standard tourist path, go to treasure beach. If you want to top your experience with extra style & delicious food, go to Marblue Villa Suites! We`ve been there for seven days, we´ll be back some day. Steffen, Yvette & Luzie

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

This was our third visit to Mar Blue and this time we went with friends. We all had the most fantastic stay and it was great to hear that our friends loved it as much as we do. For me it is like visiting old friends!

Andrea and Axel went out of their way to make the experience personal and memorable - again! Axel - your food continues to be outstanding! Andrea - you are such a caring hostess and make everyone feel special! Every time i have visited i have been impressed by the quality of the staff - and this time was no exception. They are all friendly and helpful but Weston deserves a special mention!

The rooms are stylish and comfortable - the kind of environment where you are content to relax if weather is not great.

Taboo came on many walks along the beach with us. He happily adopts his guests! Andrea has good contacts for transport and trips - definitely recommend Pelican Bar with Joseph.

I can be fussy over hotel accomodation and I cannot think of how you could improve on my experience in any way. You have created something very special. Thank you for another wonderful holiday!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Westfield Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

We have been to many places in the Caribbean including 12 previous trips to Jamaica.....this is the best. Best food, best hotel and most relaxing place. Axel and Andrea are involved everyday with Axel overseeing the cooking and dining and Andrea makes sure everything makes this a great vacation. Treasure Beach is different than the rest of the places we have been in Jamaica. TB is totally relaxing. Fun to walk the beach to Jakes or Jake Sprats for lunch or dinner. We are already planning to return to Marblue, this time for two weeks.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

Just back from a fabulous 5 day stay. We rented a car in MoBay and drove ourselves to Treasure Beach (it took about 2.5 hours) -- our room overlooked the pool wwhich overlooked the Sea. The room was spotless and nicely furnished. The hotel is quiet but incredibly relaxing - breakfast is delicious and there is opportunity to walk to other bars/restaurants/shops. There is no real beach in front of the hotel but you can walk a short distance to one. We took a day tour with Joseph to a deserted beach where they fixed lunch for us, we played crcket and snorkled and just had a blast! We enjoyed dinner at the hotel and met some very nice people there -- our next favorite dining spot was Frechman's Reef. I am a picky traveler and highly recommend Marble - Andrea is fabulous!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Marblue Villa Suites? Share your experiences!