“Our Honeymoon ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marblue Villa Suites

You added Marblue Villa Suites to your Saves list
Marblue Villa Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Old Wharf, Calabash Bay P.A. | Treasure Beach, Treasure Beach, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Treasure Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Our Honeymoon ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Cool towel greeting tropical flowers in the room private Check in the suite ,a glass of icecold champagne,smoked marlin appetizer on the side.The best view from Our loft suite coconut,seemless but quiet service nearly 24hours,the booked breakfast and Dinner outstanding,from eggs benedict marblue style to filet of snapper in merlot oxtail, green thai currry vegetables,the Home Made passionfruit Icecreme, crepe suzette with caramelizet oranges, everthing was just wonderful and always ice cold redstripe. Marblue is the place to be!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel. The owners are very friendly and like to ensure that their guests are comfortable. The rooms are extremely clean and the oceanfront view is beautiful. You will not be wasting your money here.

• Stayed June 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and hospitality at Marblue. I went to Treasure Beach with a group of three other women for Calabash. We ate their the first night and it was so good that we returned the last night of our trip as well. The food and service were absolutely divine. Chef Audley, Lionel and Pierce were so delightful. Thank you to the staff and Andrea and Axel for such memorable experience. Will never forget the magic that you helped make possible on this trip!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Andrea/Axel,
Dinner was absolutely awesome last night! We especially loved the potato pancakes with smoked marlin as appetizer and the scallop main course. Marblue''s restaurant never disappoints..service from Pierce and Lionel was great;they really took care of us. We met Chef after dinner and gave him our complements...he's doing a great job! While we were disappointed that we didn't stay at Marblue on this visit to Treasure Beach (you were fully booked and I called too late), we simply had to have a meal at the restaurant and as usual the entire experience was wonderful! Honestly some of the best food in Jamaica! See you guys again very soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Jamaica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I give this property a couple of points because the scenery is beautiful. Based on other reviews, I can only guess we had the unfortunate experience of staying there when the owners were away. And when the owners are away, the staff also disappear.

When we contacted the owners to book the room, we were told there was only one room left, so we took it. It was fine, but we found once there that there were maybe two other rooms being used - there were plenty of available rooms, including once with a lower prices.

I cannot complain about poor service because there was NO service. For our first night, we were presented a hand-written menu. We ordered and the food was fine, but not what would be expected at a highly acclaimed boutique hotel. The next day we were presented the very same menu - no variety. And bring plenty of extra cash - we were told we would have to pay in cash - the restaurant was being run by a company separate from the hotel.

As I mentioned there is no one around to ask questions, order drinks, etc. That also means there is no security there. It is a bit disconcerting - luckily for now, the crime and violence that is so prevalent in other parts of the country has not invaded Treasure Beach yet.

Breakfast: we were asked how we wanted our eggs, that fruit would be extra. As we sat there, another group staying there was offered banana porridge, fried plantains, etc. So the next day we asked about fruit and plantains and were told, sorry that was not available.

And with the owners away, so was the staff. Once the rooms were cleaned, no one was around. We were the only ones there. So if you are looking for a nice place to relax, sit by the pool, and have a drink, stay somewhere else. Or you better bring your own drinks, mixers, glasses, and ice, because there is no one around to even ask for those things. If you book the one large apartment-type room with full kitchen that would probably work. The other rooms are much more limited in terms of where you could store beverages, etc. And if you have no transportation, you are really stuck.

Sundays - no restaurant available (we were told mid-day Sunday). We were told to go to Jakes. Unlike some others here, we had no kitchenette in our room, so we did not have the option to make meals for ourselves.

Given the rocky beach (you need to walk a bit to find some decent sand and an area where you can go into the water without the danger of cutting your feet, it is worth the effort to find a hotel along Frenchman's bay. And those places appear to offer service.

I am not someone who is visiting Jamaica and unlikely to return - I live in Jamaica and could have sent a decent amount of business their way. That won't happen now.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ownerMB, Owner at Marblue Villa Suites, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Guest,
first of all - we apologize for your experience. We are very sorry that you had such an experience.
We will take your complaints seriously and try to improve our service to you and and all future and returning guests.
With kind regards,
Axel & Andrea
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I am a little nervous to put up this review...on the one hand I feel like I have found heaven on the other I am not so sure I want to share it.
Needless to say I am here because it is only fair to level of service and catering we experienced to share it with the world.
First and foremost Pierce- you are a wonderful host.
We did not get the opportunity to meet the owners of MarBlue due to their being in Germany, however, Pierce did such a wonderful job of making us feel welcomed and went out of his way to accommodate anything we needed or asked for.
I was welcomed and greeted with open arms. I immediately felt comfortable and considering I showed up unexpectedly solo this was of great reassurance having never been to St Elizabeth before.
My other half was delayed in arrival and not only did Pierce kindly offer his phone to me to be able to contact him, the entire crew of MarBlue sat with me on my first night to chat and make me feel right at home.
Words can not express how wonderful that was.
The warmth did not stop there.
I have a restricted diet due to allergies and everyone worked together to make me the freshest most delicious creations I have ever tasted in Jamaica. Having been to the island 19 times that says a lot.
Miss. Gloria is the sweetest, she prepared delicious breakfasts for us, and Shamoy really went out to her way to create unique fresh fruit smoothies for me everyday.
Complete pampering. And genuine care.
Lionel did a superb job of making us feel safe and I really appreciated that when I had a night to myself waiting for the Mr.
Natty does an excellent job of keeping things looking beautiful.
I do not remember the chef's name, he was always so hard at work when we had our dinner that we were unable to get a chance to really get to know him. If his food is a notion of what his soul is like then he is absolutely delicious!

The room we stayed in was the room with the private dipping pool and it has completely changed our lives. It looks like we are going to have to keep coming back because we both agree there is no place like MarBlue anywhere else on the planet.
The bed was the most comfortable bed we have ever shared and the entire suite was just beautiful, private, and so so comfortable.
We had both space and privacy. We had places to lounge together and snuggle and places to be by ourselves. Just perfect for us.
We enjoyed buying fruit and veggies from the farm stands and cooking lunches for ourselves in the kitchenette. It was perfectly equipped.
The Mr is a neat freak so they graciously let us keep a broom for the week in our room just for him. I was very grateful. He has a thing about sand on the tile floor. We all have our things. The Mr cleans his own floors on vacation. It could be worse.
The beach is a beautiful 10 minute walk along the pristine and untouched natural coast. When your eyes cast upon it you are going to have to blink in disbelief that there is actually a beach so beautiful still in existence. It is a small secluded beach. We felt like we were on our own private island. Unreal.
The people of St Elizabeth made their way fast into our hearts. I am counting down the days until my next visit.
We will be back to MarBlue many many times. At least once if not twice a year. We really fell in love.
The staff is amazing. Real, true. kind, and honest people that we are excited to see again.
Do not hesitate to tell them what you want and need...of course the more time you allow for your needs to be met the more timely it will happen.
This is Jamaica and things take a little more time all around than they do here in the states. Remember to think ahead no matter where you stay and communicate with your hosts and staff. Whatever you need they will be willing to make happen- the more advanced notice you give the better prepared they can be.
The roads are bad and things are a lot slower moving. This is not a big resort that moves people in and out like a chain establishment. This is boutique and couture...which in Jamaica means tell them what you want and they will build it for you.
If you are the type of person that makes demands at a moments notice and expects them to be catered to in 5 minutes go to Sandals. MarBlue and St Elizabeth in general is for those who want to relax, are in no rush, or think ahead, and prepare to be pampered by communicating in advance so everything can be ready upon your arrival.
The Parish itself is very relaxing and does not have a lot of loud goings on. If you want to party go to Negril.
If you want to feel like you are in another world, a world of comfort and luxury....villa style... Go to MarBlue.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Medford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

That says it all! the people make the difference. My daughter and I stayed at Marblue in March. When I explained to Andrea that we needed a room with two beds, she went out of her way to accommodate us. It is a five minute walk to Jake's, where we went for yoga and some meals. The food at the hotel was very good, and as I mentioned, everyone went out of their way to make us feel at home. The only disadvantage is that this area is a little far from the airport, and the beach just outside the hotel is a little rocky. Other than that, it was a great find.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Marblue Villa Suites? Share your experiences!