Travelled with family members - 7 of us in all - including 4 young adults and grandmother. Everyone had a wonderful, relaxing time. I was worried that the young adults (18 - 23) would be bored during the 3 day/2 night stay, but they hung out and had a good time. 18YO commented that of the 3 places that we stayed at during this trip, Jake's was the best!
Arrival - checking in was smooth and the fruit sorbets that were offered were all very good. A nice treat! Everyone was very helpful - they opened up a side gate to allow us to bring the van close to the cottage to make unloading much easier (7 people's worth of luggage!)
Stayed in Mussels - 3 bedroom cottage - photos on the web are deceiving. I was worried that we would not have a lot of space, but this was not the case. The bedrooms are all a very nice size and the bathrooms are very large....the (private) outdoor shower was a very nice addition.....we all tried it at some point during the stay.....being able to shower outside, under the moon/stars was a wonderful treat. My husband really liked the upstairs deck for his exercise routines....especially the view of the sea. The backporch and the deck overlooking the water were very nice, quiet places for just relaxing, reading and resting.
Mussels has a kitchen, so we prepared breakfast there and ate at both Jack Sprat's (tried the legendary pizza - yes it was very good!) and Jake's Country Cuisine for lunches and dinner. Food in both places was very good.....everything was fresh and a lot of it is grown locally.
Staff - I cannot say enough about the staff.....everyone was warm, friendly and helpful.....one of the "kids" broke out in a rash so when I asked for directions to the closest pharmacy, the lady at the front desk got a bottle of antihistamine for me and said we could use what we needed.....so no need to go hunting for it!
If you like to lie on a beach all day...then this is not the place to do that....I myself really like the beach, but there were enough lounge chairs around the pool that I really did not miss the beach. There is a small beach by Jack Sprat's Restuarant, but when the tide comes in, there is no more sand! There is another beach further down and you need to climb over some (small) rocks to get there.....but for us, lying by the pool was more than sufficient. Besides, the bar is close to the pool, and the bar provided a place to meet people and chat!
Spa - son, daughther and I had massages at the spa....very nice cool breeze coming in off the sea and the sound of the waves below made for a very relaxing time! Hubby and I went for the yoga class one morning...what a treat....the view from on top of the spa building - looking out to sea - was undeniably a big contributor in the overall relaxed, well-being feeling......
Internet access is available in the lobby/restaurant/pool area and you can use a computer there if you do not bring one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Chicest shack in the Caribbean" – Vogue Magazine. --- "Welcome to one of Caribbean's funkiest resorts, where reggae and rock stars, doctors and lawyers, writers and artists come to taste the real Jamaica." - Island Magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Jetsetter, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jake`s Hotel, Villa Hotel Treasure Beach
- Jake`s Hotel, Villa And Spa
- Jakes St Elizabeth
- Jakes Hotel St Elizabeth
- Jakes Jamaica
- Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa Jamaica/Treasure Beach