I stayed at the Hodelpa Garden Court on 3 occasions last year, the hotel itself is far from downtown Santiago, far from malls and everything else, yes you'll need a car to get around or some sort of transportation that can get you to and from the hotel, It's in a good location if you're looking for peace and quiet but in a bad location if you're looking to go shopping or to a restaurant.
The hotel includes a parking lot with security so if you have a car you can be sure that nothing will happen to it. The lobby is ok, nothing luxurious, the restaurant is a few steps from the lobby. I had breakfast at the restaurant twice and both times I was kept busy by scaring away the flies while trying to eat. The food is just like any hotel food, nothing special but around $11 per plate. The deco at the restaurant looks a bit tired and outdated.
I stayed in the regular rooms or as they call them "superior rooms", normal hotels rooms that may include wifi since the signal weakens around certain parts of the room, I had to go down to the lobby to use the wifi on several occasions. The rooms were clean with working air conditioner, working television, good clean bathroom, clean sheets and towels I never had any problems with the noise levels, overall I always had a good nights sleep.
Overall if you're looking to stay at a hotel for a night or two in an emergency, I guess you can stay here, or if the company you work for picks up the tab. The main problem I have with this hotel is that it's overpriced, after taxes and fees you end up paying about $210 a night for a regular room. I can stay at the Hilton or Intercontinental (high end hotels) in Santo Domingo and pay below $210 for a suite not a regular room. The problem in Santiago seems that the only 3 major hotels in the city are owned by the same people (Hodelpa), anything else in the city seems is either cheap motels (cabañas) or cheap aparta-hotels located in the not so pretty parts of the city.
The staff is friendly, helpful and professional, they always helped whenever I needed them and were well informed. Would I stay here again? Like I said, in an emergency, but I rather rent an apartment of house in a nice residential area for a day or a week through certain services available on the internet, a lot more economical than staying at any Holdepa hotel in Santiago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hodelpa Garden Court combines with the highest technology, allowing you to organize business meetings and catering to your main clients or business partners. Our rooms are designed for the corporative guest, with well lighten desk and efficently planned spaces. Mattresses, pillows and linens are exquisite to provide the most restful night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Agoda, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Hodelpa Garden Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hodelpa Garden Court Hotel Santiago
- Courtyard Santiago
- Santiago Courtyard
- Hodelpa Garden Court Santiago