“great !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloha Sol Hotel

You added Aloha Sol Hotel to your Saves list
Aloha Sol Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle del Sol 150, Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic   |
New York City, New York
“great !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I just came back from Santiago and i stood 3 nights at Aloha sol which was great . Rooms where clean staff is very friendly and breakfast was good as well. if your looking to stay in the heart of Santiago i recommend this hotel 100%. will stay again on my next trip !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Was looking for an inexpensive place to stay in Santiago and as you can read from most reviews this place can be a bit loud at night but bearable.
Its around $75 a night US, in the center of the city.
Rooms are clean, AC works well, Cable included, mini bar for an extra fee.
Overall not too bad

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SANTO DOMINGO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have been going this hotel forbussines purposes since it opened.
It is not a 5 stars hotel, but location is great and it has a lot of thing around at walking distance, also a parking lot with security.

Santiago city lacks of hotels rooms and this one has growed. Normally i stayed at the main building, there rooms are not so big but ik of overnigth stay. They built a new building and there also a casino and a bar that closes nearby 5 at morning. The noise gets in your room. Be aware to be placed in a room in main building. Very dissapointed with my last stay but i will give them an opportunity and will post.

• Stayed August 2012
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

It is a nice hotel. Reasonable price and I got upgraded to better room for cheaper price. It is clean, safe, have a casino on ground floor, restaurant downstairs that opens until 11pm. The room has a hair dryer, fridge, TV but no window. No free water but has a bucket for you to get free ice and water downstairs. It is good for the money, convenient location downtown.
I was there for business and my supplier always bring all his customers there.
The internet was down a few times during my 2 nights stay so that is a downside.
I would stay there again. It is good for money and business meeting and has everything I need.There was only one staff at reception can speak English but that is good enough for me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel almost yearly, once per year. I was just there March 30th - April 3rd, 2012. I have to say that once again I was very pleased with the quality of my room and the service. The cleaning service came daily like clockwork and always did a great job. The shower pressure and amount of hot water was exceptional. Actually, this surprised me as I don't remember the shower being this good. The breakfast was always filling and had a good variety of fruit and traditional Dominican breakfast items. I had a room with two queen beds in it and I paid $1,999 Dominican Pesos per night or a little more than $51.00 US per night. I look forward to my next stay. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer.

Room Tip: If you are traveling and staying alone the room for $1,999 Dominican pesos is perfect. I beleive it...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I was surprised at the great service and nice room. I had reserved (via phone, as the website didn't work for me) an executive room with double bed, but it was really small and had no desk or table for working, so they moved me to a room with a king-sized bed which was much more roomy. Amazingly quiet (it was away from the street but facing the street wouldn't have been a problem since everything closes downtown at 7 pm) even near the elevator. Pretty clean, but the bedding was kind of flimsy and the sheets didn't stay tucked in. Room was well lit, but no natural light. Breakfast pretty good - buffet with eggs, fruit, breads, cheese, ham, mangu, etc.

Wifi from the room was great. Air conditioning worked very well. Very attentive, friendly staff.

Location ok, although downtown is not that exciting. One can at least walk to a good grocery/book/etc store (la Sirena) and to the Pez Dorado restaurant. Also several restaurants near the monument, but I didn't feel comfortable walking there alone at night.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Managua
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Here's the good part:
The staff is friendly and helpful.
The breakfast buffet includes serve-yourself hot coffee and milk, sparing guests the (in my experience) all to frequent torture of having to try to wave down a waiter to get more coffee.
The hotel was clean.
The location is good.

Having said that, I have to say now that this was one of the worst hotel stays I have had in a while. Why? COULDN"T SLEEP!!! And not only me- I was with a work-related group of about 20 people and many people complained of difficulty sleeping d/t the noise- noise from the street, and noise from the hallway, and noise from other rooms, and from the ice bin, whatever. After two almost sleepless nights, another person told me that she got extra sheets and put them all on top of her and turned the air conditioner on the lowest possible setting so it would never cut off. I tried it, and slept better. Cold, but better than noise.Other than that, well, I missed the amenities that it doesn't have: no in room coffee, no gym, no pool, nada. But- as I said, good location and nice staff, so I am giving a middle rating.There was free wifi, but it cut off at least once a day.

Room Tip: Maybe a higher floor would have less street noise- I was on the second floor. IDK.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Aloha Sol Hotel? Share your experiences!