“One of the best options currently in Santiago” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pedro Restaurant

Pedro Restaurant
Calle Salome Urena (6) #18 (frente a La Campagna) | Los Jardines Metropolitanos, Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
+1 809-582-2144
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Traditional and avant-garde Spanish and Mediterranean cuisine in a cozy atmosphere. Private room for meetings and events. Open terrace.
“One of the best options currently in Santiago”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

It is a Spanish/seafood concentrated menu, but actually has a bit of everything.
The food is very good. The salmon ceviche and the octopus as appetisers are great. The paella and the red snapper in tequila sauce were excellent as main courses.
Services is average, but the owner is checking up on all tables.
Parking is limited and the atmosphere is not excellent, but fairly good.
Prices are very good also for the portions.
Needs to improve the tuna tartar and the side dishes.
Currently I would rate the food here as the best in Santiago, together with Noah. Would recommend this restaurants.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
PedroRestaurant, Owner at Pedro Restaurant, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, we are very glad you've enjoyed our meals.
Since we are constantly striving in order to provide a first class service and meals I would really appreciate if you could comment about what were the issues that made you give us an average rating in our service and your recommendations regarding the Tuna Tartar and the side dishes.
Thanks again and hope to see you back soon.
Jorge

Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I travel for work - this is one of the best meals I have had in months. We stumbled onto the restaurant by accident; and glad we did. I had the Red Snapper and it was wonderful.

“Wow. !!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stumbled accross this gem and wished we found it to days earlier. The steak with 3 pepper sauce is phenomenal. The steak was cooked to perfection and cut with a fork and the sauce was perfectly balanced so that you could taste everything and nothing overpowered. The potato pancakes that accompanied them were the perfect balance and great to sop up the rest of the sauce. We are coming back tomorrow for the paella which ia supposed to be even better.

Miami, Florida
“Great quality food at great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This place is a gem in a country where, to my opinion, there's little appreciation for great quality food accompanied with a superb culinary experience. The ambience is very nice with great music and great decor. I came here with a friend and we started the meal with a glass of 'jerez' each to go with a tapa of 'escargot' and another one of 'calamari'. We then moved to the main entre with a glass of 'sangria' each and had 'cochinillo' and 'pulpo a la gallega.' The food and the service were fantastic. For appetizer, we had a delicious 'crema catalana'. I paid USD$89 for this authentic spanish meal.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PedroRestaurant, Owner at Pedro Restaurant, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are very glad you enjoyed our food and the restaurant in general.
I have to agree with your opinion that in the country there is no much appreciation for good quality food. We strive to make a difference.
Thanks again and we hope to see you back.
Jorge
Weston, Florida, United States
“Can't believe I've missed it for so long”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've been traveling to the DR for the last 20 years, but seldom visited Santiago. On my last trip I went there and was invited to have dinner at Pedro's restaurant. It was my first time there and I have to say it was my best meal ever in the DR. It was delicious and the place is nicely decorated. I highly recommend it.

• Visited March 2013