“Wow. !!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pedro Restaurant

Pedro Restaurant
Calle Salome Urena (6) #18 (frente a La Campagna) | Los Jardines Metropolitanos, Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
+1 809-582-2144
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Traditional and avant-garde Spanish and Mediterranean cuisine in a cozy atmosphere. Private room for meetings and events. Open terrace.
“Wow. !!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled accross this gem and wished we found it to days earlier. The steak with 3 pepper sauce is phenomenal. The steak was cooked to perfection and cut with a fork and the sauce was perfectly balanced so that you could taste everything and nothing overpowered. The potato pancakes that accompanied them were the perfect balance and great to sop up the rest of the sauce. We are coming back tomorrow for the paella which ia supposed to be even better.

• Visited August 2013

89% Recommend
Miami, Florida
“Great quality food at great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This place is a gem in a country where, to my opinion, there's little appreciation for great quality food accompanied with a superb culinary experience. The ambience is very nice with great music and great decor. I came here with a friend and we started the meal with a glass of 'jerez' each to go with a tapa of 'escargot' and another one of 'calamari'. We then moved to the main entre with a glass of 'sangria' each and had 'cochinillo' and 'pulpo a la gallega.' The food and the service were fantastic. For appetizer, we had a delicious 'crema catalana'. I paid USD$89 for this authentic spanish meal.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PedroRestaurant, Owner at Pedro Restaurant, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are very glad you enjoyed our food and the restaurant in general.
I have to agree with your opinion that in the country there is no much appreciation for good quality food. We strive to make a difference.
Thanks again and we hope to see you back.
Weston, Florida, United States
“Can't believe I've missed it for so long”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've been traveling to the DR for the last 20 years, but seldom visited Santiago. On my last trip I went there and was invited to have dinner at Pedro's restaurant. It was my first time there and I have to say it was my best meal ever in the DR. It was delicious and the place is nicely decorated. I highly recommend it.

• Visited March 2013
Tallinn
“This review is 30 minutes old”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I just finished dinner at Pedro's. It was the first meal I've had in Santiago, and, honestly, I'm not sure it can get much better. TripAdvisor's reviews are occasionally off-point, but, in this instance, the reviewers were dead-on. Pedro's was outstanding. The cab driver had a little trouble finding the place (the street isn't technically called Calle 6, apparently) but once we got there the drive was completely worthwhile.

I had the churrasco and my girlfriend had one of the pastas. We decided to share each others' meals. Usually that would worry me because we like different food, but, in this case, both meals were outstanding. I haven't tried everything on their menu, but based on the quality of what we ate, I have to assume everything else they serve is terrific.

At the end, Pedro's son advised us on a good bar to drink at after... Queen Elizabeth is around the corner.

Anywho, I highly recommend Pedro's. I would have no problem eating there literally every day.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PedroRestaurant, Propietario at Pedro Restaurant, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our dishes and we hope to see you again.
Toronto, Canada
“Pedro Restaurant in Santiago, Dominican Republic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Pedro Restaurant in Santiago, Dominican Republic offers a delicious menu of International and Spanish cuisine with something for everyone. The mouth-watering dishes are savoury and portions are generous. The restaurants' dining room is crisp, modern and comfortable. The service is second to none. The general ambience and music make for a pleasant dining experience no matter the occasion. Its location is convenient and safe. Definitely worth a visit when in Santiago! I visited when on vacation from Toronto, Ontario and was very pleased!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PedroRestaurant, Owner at Pedro Restaurant, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again on your next vacation.