“Red Rock haven Management” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Rock Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calibishie
Red Rock Haven
Pointe Baptiste, Calibishie 20000, Dominica   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Calibishie B&B and Inns
Miami Beach, Florida
“Red Rock haven Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Hello Everyone, I visited red rock back a couple of Weeks, i love the place, the food was ok, but the owner and girlfriend, talk so bad about the local people including their warm and friendly staff, Stacey seem very strange and would take 1 week to respond to our booking reservation..

Rat were near our room, the parking lot was full with garbage, stacey said Dominica have very bad disposal system

Room Tip: stacey doesn't like the local people
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
hovde34, Owner at Red Rock Haven, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
It has taken me a while to find the correct way in which to reply to this review. Firstly the reason I moved to Dominica and invested my time and money is because of the people and the beauty of the island. The people are warm and friendly. I have many friends, neighbours and indeed my staff all local and dear to me. My business could not function if I did not have the respect and support of the community, we all work together and are proud of our village and island.

With regards to the comments about the hotel, I can inform the readers that during September and going into October the hotel was closed. Red Rock Haven is a small boutique hotel of two beach rooms and one villa. There was no guest staying during this time and no one of the name of the person who wrote the review has stayed with us.

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Our stay at Red Rock Haven was nothing short of paradise. From the warm welcome we received at our arrival to the sad good-byes when we departed, we have never had such a relaxing holiday.

Our room was spectacular – beautifully decorated and private. The food at the Escape Bar and Grill was delicious, filling, and very reasonably priced. The staff was above and beyond helpful and friendly.

But the best part of all was the atmosphere. We literally felt like we were living in a Jimmy Buffet song. After several days of hiking and sightseeing on the beautiful island of Dominica, we were ready for some R and R, and the Red Rock Haven was the perfect place to find it.

The beach was breath-taking, with its lovely sand beaches, beautiful view of the red rocks, warm ocean water for swimming, and indescribable sunsets. We were able to explore the tidal pools along the shore, and a short walk into Calibishie gave us a glimpse of the local way of life.

We highly recommend both Dominica as a vacation destination, and Red Rock Haven as the perfect piece of paradise to stay while you are there. Hats off to Stacey and Rita for their amazing facility and hospitality!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed in the Villa at Red Rock for the first three nights of our Honeymoon and we were in heaven! Stacey and Rita were so incredibly generous and accommodating throughout our entire stay. We didn't leave the property for three days----just spent it in total luxury---lounging on the patio reading, swimming in our private infinity pool, eating at the Red Rock beach restaurant, going for awesome walks out on the rocks, and swimming in the ocean. There was one day that it rained almost all day and we still had a blast. The villa is so beautiful and comfortable. We do recommend keeping the doors closed at night to keep out the bugs.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Townsend, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Our first trip to Dominica was memorable, and Red Rock Haven was definitely part of the reason. Casual atmosphere but elegant amenities in the room. The food was great, and the service very personal. The beach took our breath away. We were up at sunrise every morning with cameras in hand. Evenings on the beach were also spectacular. Our hosts were friendly and open, giving us great advice on day trips and some less well-known sites. It was a perfect introduction to the island, and we plan to go again.

Room Tip: Every room is lovely, well appointed and unique.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, Dominica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I'm a student at Ross University in Dominica. There are a lot of options for us to get away from campus and experience the island but the Red Rock Haven stands alone. I'm always greeted personally by the owner and the staff is friendly. The beach restaurant atmosphere is calm and beautiful. Large leisure chairs on the beach overlook crashing waves. I always refer tourists I meet to eat a dinner there. There's no other place like it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
okotoks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

Stayed at red rock for a week in February in the Villa, it was tremendous, it has a private pool and a beautiful view of the ocean, a few steps down to the beach where there is a lovely little beach restaurant. The hosts were tremendous as well we were very happy with our stay. Dominica can be a little rustic and it was a pleasure to go out exploring to come back to our lovely villa very private. Not a typical large hotel just a few rooms, exactly what we were looking for.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Villa is worth the money
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

I just got back to the states after a wonderful stay at Red Rock Haven in beautiful Dominica. I was trveling solo and had never been to Dominica. I have been to almost every island in the Caribbean but none more majestic than this little gem.
Red Rock was GREAT. Stacey and Rita took me under their wing and were the quintessential host and hostess filling me in on what sites to see and hooking me up with a local guide, Nap. I took most of my meals on property at the Escape Beach Bar and Grill and they were all 5 stars. Eric, the chef, prepared fantastic meals made from fresh local produce and specials from the sea. I am still dreaming about the fresh caught tuna on the menu. It was absolutely memorable.
The room I stayed in was spacious and super clean. The bed and linens were wonderful. I spent many early mornings on my private balcony overlooking a palm grove right on the beach, reading to the sounds of the waves. You can not beat this location in Dominica. Point Baptise Beach in the nearby village of Calibishie on the Northeast coast.
I was never treated so well and felt right at home by Stacey and all his professional staff. I highly recommend Red Rock Haven and can not wait to return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to Red Rock Haven? Share your experiences!