“Fantastic Lunches, Treats & Art ... You Won't be sorry you stopped!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Maroon Pig Art Gallery and Sweet Shop

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Bakery
Georgetown, Canada
“Fantastic Lunches, Treats & Art ... You Won't be sorry you stopped!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I am fortunate to live near this little gem! We have purchased wedding gifts and treats for ourselves here since the Maroon Pig opened. I have NEVER been disappointed! Everything is high end quality and its priced just right. Extremely friendly venue, I work at the Town Hall nearby and have been told by many visitors that its one of the best kept secrets on PEI. They also do some fantastic catering!

Stratford, Canada
“amazing little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

baked goods are out of this world and the art is totally fun! don't miss a visit to the Maroon Pig - these folks are cool!

Visited August 2013
Peterborough, ON
“Had to try this place again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Four of us went into this shop, to buy some baked goods, as we had tried some last year (their 1st year of business). My daughter and friend had enjoyed the choc. chip cookies last year, so got some again this year. Seeing the 'lunch special' sign, my husband mentioned to my daughter and me to try it; the seafood chowder. Owner Stacy, finished-up her cauldron of it, and we ended up getting plenty of the seafood, from the bottom. We found it delicious, and we are chowder lovers! It was a late lunch for us (2:30), so the tea biscuit that goes with it, were gone. But, Stacy replaced it with a Brazilian cheese puff bun, each, and that did the trick, and it was so yummy. We were glad we got those!! We ate outside at a side table. I barely had room for the white chocolate, cranberry cookie I had wanted to try earlier, but I managed to eat one; another yummy item! This shop is in a small building, at the back of their house's driveway. A sign out front, by the street, posts the 'daily special'. We came back to this shop, a few evenings later, to buy 'treats' for the long drive back home next day, and even tho' her shop was officially closed for the eve., she came into the shop to serve us! My husband had to have 'his' date square shortly after (he stated it was so moist), and the next day we enjoyed the double chocolate cookies and orange creamsicle cookie. The shop offers a daily selection of about a dozen diff. cookies/squares/sweet buns, and also sells bread and candy.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Princeton, New Jersey
“Not what I hoped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had high hopes for this pl;ace after reading so many mentions of it. It is charming, and the antique items are very tempting. But the bakery part: there was not much selection, and the blondie I eagerly anticipated, though it had well chosen ingredients, was dry.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Divine desserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The key lime tart was the best I have ever eaten. As was the brownie, and the salty caramel. Pizza was also fine. Loved the wee shop, the art, and the lobster barley toys. Can't wait to go back next year. This place is a must.