“Great location, great hosts, great prices.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barry's Bay
Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn
You added Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn to your Saves list
19854 Hwy. 60, Barry's Bay, Ontario K0J 1B0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Barry's Bay B&B and Inns
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
“Great location, great hosts, great prices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I recommend this inn to anybody. The rooms are clean and quaint, and the owners are very welcoming and lovely people. My first time travelling by myself, and they made my experience a great one. My only regret was that I didn't try the food, but I bought a jar of jam made by the owners from their store and it's the best jam I ever had. :)

Room Tip: I stayed in the Oak Room and it's a great room for one person, or even two people. I suggest you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
nbb2, Owner at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Glad your experience was so positive. It was lovely to meet you and glad you like your jam!! Hope we will see you again when you are in the neighbourhood.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice people, clean and comfortable rooms. I was just there for one night, for a wedding, but I would not hesitate to recommend this to a friend. Breakfast was great and had multiple options, more importantly it was delicious.

• Stayed August 2013
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with others. It is so helpful and we are always touched when people take the time to do this. Hope we can be of service again some time.
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

You will love not only the surroundings of this Inn but also the owners. Lovely people that did everything they could to accommodate our family (and last minute visitors arriving from out of Province) without a flinch. The grounds and rooms are lovely and the food is fantastic. We would definitely recommend staying at the Madawaska Valley Inn....and you can't forget about the family cats - quite the entertainers and very friendly - loved the whole experience!

Room Tip: The Hudson Bay room is huge - if you are travelling as a family...we also booked the Oak Room - love...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
nbb2, Owner at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thanks Jennifer. You have such a lovely family it was our pleasure.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My sister and I recently had the good fortune to stay at Fortune's Madawaska for a night en route to a canoe trip in Algonquin Park. It could not have been a better place to spend the night. Our room was very comfortable, clean and had a great view of the fields across the road and the Inn's garden. The price of the room was very reasonable too. Nancy, one of the owners, was welcoming and great to talk to. We had a great dinner and breakfast at the Inn--the food was delicious and the drinks were great. We also loved the bouquets of flowers fresh from Nancy's garden that adorned the Inn. As we left for our trip, my sister and I pledged to each other that we would be back in future years.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
It was great having you stay with us and hearing about your adventure. Thanks so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have stopped here for a meal for the past 4 years. Whether it has been just my wife and I or our family the service has been excellent and the food great. The menu was varied and complete. We will certainly visit again on our next visit to Barry's Bay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
nbb2, Owner at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thanks Brian, that's music to our ears.
Aurora, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've been a guest at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn for over 10 years and you simply cannot find a more welcoming place in all of the Madawaska Valley. The rooms are comfy and cozy, the food is simply amazing and your hosts, Nancy and Warwick have thought of every single need or request you may have. The Inn is a place you leave having made two new friends for life. Nancy and Warwick are very knowledgeable about any possible interest you may inquire about and are valuable resources with ideas on how to enjoy the many sites and activities in the area. The gardens surrounding the inn are meticulously maintained with Nancy's green thumb and continue to bloom all summer long with bursts of color. She really is a "flower whisperer". If you aren't planning an overnight stay, the restaurant is a great place to drop in for lunch or dinner anytime! You will feel like you went on a mini vacation after your meal!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Wow, thanks so much. I think I need to hire you as a marketing rep! Really appreciate you doing this.
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We spent the beautiful time in this nice and very comfortable place. The big room, excellent breakfasts and dinners, and fresh air around us make our weekend memorable. Nice atmosphere, and gracious host caused that we already miss this place.
Thank you Nancy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
nbb2, Owner at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
So kind. You are right about the air. It is one on the things I love most about the valley. Hope you can come and visit again soon and resume my wild mushroom lessons!

Been to Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn? Share your experiences!