“5 day kayak program” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Madawaska Kanu Centre provides personal instruction in Whitewater Kayaking & Canoeing, as well as sea kayaking. Located just outside of Algonquin Park on the Madawaska River, MKC offers all the comforts of a European-style vacation resort. Classes are small, the river clean, warm & uncrowded. Accommodation choices include lodge room, dorm or camping. Join us this summer for a weekend or 5-day course.
Bristol, Pennsylvania
“5 day kayak program”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Best vaca ever. Thanks to the wonderful staff from the top down, and made some great friends along the way

Visited July 2013

Milford,Ohio
“MKC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My experience at MKC can only be described as phenomenal! Throughout the five days of our program, the staff proved to be pleasant, informative, entertaining, and very accommodating. They provided excellent kayak instruction,individually tailored to meet each student's needs. We were encouraged not only to work on existing skills,but to push our limits in developing new ones. By the end of the week, I had accomplished the goals I had set for myself. Additionally, the food was outstanding, and the facilities were comfortable and easily accessible. I would highly recommend MKC to anyone hoping to improve his or her whitewater skills.

Bolton, Canada
“MKC Hits the High Water Mark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I took the opportunity of a discount for the early season, and attended the 5-day tandem canoe course at the end of May 2013. This was a lucky year for rain, and we had very high water levels, including for the day trip on the Lower Madawaska River.
The facilities are excellent throughout, offering quite a selection of creature comforts considering the location directly across from a lengthy stretch of wild river rapids. It is a prompt 5 minute shuttle to the put-in, and return access to the MKC is only a short walk away from most of the action at Staircase or Chalet Rapids. Every day we retired to the sauna and dipping pool before a hearty dinner and relaxing evening by the fireplace. This was very necessary because every run was a heart stopper with giant wave trains.
Yet the instructors did a great job with getting everyone through them, all the while completing prompt rescues for those who did not.

Visited May 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been to MKC a number of times over the years, and I have always found it an excellent facility for whitewater canoe instruction. My experience from June 17-21 of this year was as good or better than any other time. The instruction was articulate, nuanced, helpful, and friendly. The solo instructor, Stef, used video on a daily basis so each person in our group could each see how to improve our paddling. Humbling, but very helpful. The food has always been good, but the current kitchen staff, led by their new chef, Gina, is turning out really excellent fare. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The housing was comfortable and clean, as always, and the sauna and outdoor showers provided a welcome end to the paddling day. With its clean, consistent water and excellent instruction, I strongly recommend MKC to anyone looking to learn to paddle or to improve their paddling.

Kingston, Canada
“Best weekend of the summer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I did the weekend tandem white water canoeing course and it has been the best weekend of my summer so far. I got to do some very technical paddling which I enjoyed tremendously. The staff is unbelievable; they push you to paddle to your limit while making it fun at the same time.

The meal plan is a must when you go. The meals we ate over the weekend were healthy, delicious and filling. There was also enough food for big eaters which I was concerned about initially.

As for the home base of MKC, it is the best hangout location a camper could ever wish for. There is lots to do and a great deck to sit on and relax after a big day of paddling.

Thanks for such an unbelievable weekend MKC. I'll be back.