“Quiet with view of river and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canadas Best Value Inn - Mile 0

You added Canadas Best Value Inn - Mile 0 to your Saves list
Canadas Best Value Inn - Mile 0
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   616 Main Street, Lillooet, British Columbia V0K 1V0, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Lillooet
British Columbia
“Quiet with view of river and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Attended 13June2013 stayed overnight in Lillooet, B.C. We drove 5 hrs. from Abbotsford, B.C. and stopped at Grammy's Kitchen for breakfast. Very glad we did as great friendly customers told us what to expect for food and we definitely were not disappointed. Numerous customers also told us to stay at Mile 0 Motel 616 Main St. the only main street (250-256-7511) to Gold Bridge. We just finished 4.5hrs. on a gravel and partial paved road from Bralorne Mining village and were very stiff and tired that we wanted a room just for the night. They are just now filling in the pot holes and cleaning off the shale and rocks that have slid on the road way. Hotel is situated at the end of the town main street which looks over the Fraser River, beautiful mountains in the back ground. I approached the office desk and a nice young Chinese lady pleasantly smiling welcomed me. I asked for a ground floor as sore back, and just did not wish to climb up stairs to second level. She very nicely explained to her husband she would give us two twin beds for the same price as one as none left on ground floor. I was surprised but very grate full! I did not have to say any thing but thank you! The bill was paid by master card or they take Visa (not AMEX) and explain to me. This room was very close to the office(sorry I for get the no.) but main window faced the Fraser River, gorgeous high mountains, am sun rise, long bridge and a great view with no street traffic behind. The room had a 45inch narrow flat screen t.v. color full bed spreads, large main room, fridge, micro wave, coffee machine, desk and all lights worked!. The bath room tub new, tiles new and clean all around appearance. Yes basic but this is a isolated town, full of miners, all sort of workers and adequate. Bed mattresses a little of the hard side but flat and adequate blankets. This room also a non smokers room with a sign on the entrance doors. I was also asked if any pets and not allowed in this room. The room fresh with enough soaps, shampoos and chairs. I/we would of liked some local news papers or area magazines but I did notice a few tourist cards, papers in their office. The room had a parking spot just in front, the lot a arrow for entrance and departing. Yes comfortable, quiet all around and just what a tired tourist likes. A Greek restaurant called Dina's Place in easy walking distance and also recommended for dinner. If you do not wish a noise below your room like a pub then definitely stay here. Price I would say at the reasonable higher end for a small town, which we paid 85.00 plus BC taxes.Key was left in the room. The temperature was comfortable and the air condition not too loud. We did hear the rumbling of a train way below during the night but that is this countries supply line. My wife was also satisfied with our stay. Thank You both! If you might arrive late in the evening I would say reserve with a credit card a head of your arrival time. Hot Sand-7.

Room Tip: Second level obviously better view to the East(sunrise),mountains and quieter near the office and fu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Very clean, including shag carpet. Very functional with fridge and microwave. Surrounded by mountains. Walking distance to several restaurants. Well worth the "short cut" if you are driving from Whistler to the Fraser Valley area as the scenery is beautiful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Work takes me many places for a night or two, large chains and hotels charging three times the rate could learn about genuine customer service from this small motel. Room, bathroom and bed were clean and the tv worked. It is what it is, a clean, warm place to sleep and clean up for $65 a night. If you are passing through don't hesitate to stay here. I also stayed at the same branded motel in Cache Creek bc and will copy and paste the same review for them.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Surrey, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Room was clean, tho. it said no smoking on door the room smelt of stale tobacco, coffee pot didn`t work, tho. they gave us another one! nice owners,but when you have 2 dogs I guess you don`t get the best rooms! had booked for 2 nights, like I said the smell was bad we, weren`t in the room that long as we we were sight seeing during the day, tho. at night I had to keep spraying the room with air freshner, would stay there again, only next time I would ask to see the room first., or rather smell the room first!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Frenchburg, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a good choice in this area. The room was big and had a good bed. I liked the counter space in the bathroom, plenty of room for all your toiletries. I had internet service and several tv channels. The room was clean and the service was good. I asked for extra pillows and they arrived in a timely manner. We walked to a restaurant for dinner. I would stay again if ever in this area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

my room was very large, with a nice mountain view. it was very clean and comfortable and had a lot of counter space. there was a microwave, fridge, coffee in room and cable tv with 40 channels. only negative was that the inside of the dresser drawers were dirty. the owner seemed nice. recommend booking at their website in advance to get a good rate compared to other motels in town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We paid $88 all in for a motel room with one queen bed. Our other room was $120 and classified as a 2BR suite (see my notes on this further along in "tips").

The AC units in the rooms are awesome - and you need this as Lillooet is HOT HOT in the summer. If you want ice, you have to go to the front desk and you'll only get a tiny container of it. We had a good sized fridge in our room with a little freezer compartment in it. This is your typical canyon motel - bring slippers because the rooms' carpets probably don't get cleaned that often. There is no restaurant on site but Dina's Greek restaurant is a 5 min walk away.

Room Tip: we had 2 rooms. One we were told was 2 BR suite. It ended up being 2 rooms total with one bed in o...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Canadas Best Value Inn - Mile 0? Share your experiences!