“Lovely welcome” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Lovely welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Doing flying visit to mallaig primarily for train ride from fort William. Weather turned wet and cold, so after doing shops, popped in here. Lovely friendly staff, especially the young lady who had relocated to mallaig from Newcastle. I had toasted sarnie and her indoors had homemade tom soup. Both excellent. Highly recommend :-)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had the place to ourselves when we went. We stopped in just before they closed, for lunch. I had a perfect seafood chowder and my husband had a vegetable soup. Both were delicious. We shared a breaded haddock and chips, which was outstanding. I don't know about these other reviews but we thought it was great and were still talking about it days later. We'd definitely eat there again if we were ever back in the area. I subtracted a point for atmosphere which was the only thing lacking.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nairn, United Kingdom
“Disgracefull!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This restaurant is situated at the corner of he harbour and the west coast of Scotland is famous for its fish and seafood, so there is no excuse for the dry tasteless and overpriced fish and chips we received there tray. The fish certainly was not fresh, which was such a shame and the staff not very interested when we told them so. My advice is don't go there if you want fresh fish!

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
West Wittering, United Kingdom
“Chips and diet coke”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stopped here [at the coffee shop upstairs] for lunch, having been on the Jacobite Express, and as I was not tremendously hungry, and was not really in a spending mood, I just ordered a bowl of bendy fries (£2.20) and a can of diet coke (£1.70) for my lunch. I thought that the fries were rather nice, and the diet coke was pretty standard, and I found it to be a good value light meal.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fish not fresh!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

First to arrive at restaurant off the Jacobite train. Perhaps we were too early and got a previous day's fish as it was bland and dried out. Very disappointed.

• Visited September 2012