“weekend visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loch Dubh

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lochcarron
Loch Dubh
You added Loch Dubh to your Saves list
Croft Road, Lochcarron IV54 8YA, Scotland   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Lochcarron B&B and Inns
Derby, United Kingdom
“weekend visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

the best band b i think we have stayed in thank you to emma and andrew for been so helpfull and accomadating would reccomend to anybody breakfast brillant, veiw from the table fantastic ,a beatifull part of scotland no shortage of places to eat or places to see

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed one night here with my partner but wish we could have stayed longer. Emma & Andrew were so welcoming & they have a beautiful home. Fantastic views which were enhanced by the amazing breakfast with a staggering array of choices.
The room we had was lovely & spacious with a fantastic view down to Loch Carron, the comfiest bed I have ever slept in & my partner was impressed by the powerful shower.
Will definitely be back

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I need to start this review with one of the village of Lochcarron as a whole. I've been told that traffic just passes through on the Wester Ross Road without giving this place attention.

Well, this is the first time I've visited and i really like the place. There is everything a holiday in Scotland needs, stunning views, water (the Loch) Mountains all around and good eating places. Why pass through when you could stop, spend a few days relaxing, then move on, Lochcarron should be on anyone's holiday venues.

As for the the B&B.

It is amazingly clean, tidy and has a wonderful location above the Loch. It's situated on a working croft and Andrew crofts 8 acres I think (correct me if I'm wrong Andrew). It has open views all around, but in particular east, south and west.......across the loch to the mountains. I'll add some images when I get home (I'm still here in Loch Dubh as I type). It's a newish build and is amazing.

The room we had was room 2 - it's facing the loch and has it's own entrance. This room can take well behaved pets - it had to put up with me, same thing really. The room is large, clean and with plenty of storage. It has a dual aspect view......lie in bed with the curtains open (you're not over looked) and you can see nothing but stunning views, what Scotland is famous for.

The bed - needs a special mention as it's really comfy. My wife suffers with her back and we'd just come from a cottage on Skye where the bed crippled her back, the memory foam mattress here has stopped that pain in it's track. I've had nothing but good nights sleep.

Expect a good welcome from Emma and Andrew, they really do know how to make you feel welcome and work hard to make this B&B work. Andrew is a builder and built this place - along with many others in the village and has a really good knowledge of the area. Advice on eating, hiking and MTB rides are readily forthcoming.

I brought two expensive road bikes with me and there was a nice secure place to store them, but this is the highlands, not exactly crime ridden!!!!! I think I could have left them at the bottom of the drive with confidence that they'd be there the next morning.

The breakfast is great, hearty and large. I've been to places where you get one glass of juice and a stingy breakfast. Here, you get a JUG, yes you read that right A JUG of juice per room. You also get to choose from a large selection of breakfast foods the night before (I love this system as I know what I'm getting and the B&B owner knows what to prepare and you get it HOT). There are loads of jams, conserves and marmalade's plus cereals of you choice. It is fantastic.

All in all this is certainly one of the finest B&B's I've used and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. I will certainly use this place again.

Many thanks to Emma and Andrew for helping make our stay excellent.

Room Tip: Room 2 has it's own entrance and STUNNING views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Novosibirsk, Novosibirsk, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I've stayed in dozens of guesthouses in Britain and Ireland and can say this place is the best. It's a modern and comfortable house in the middle of one of the most picturesque villages. The owners are nice and supporting and the breakfast is superb. I definitely recommend it to anybody visiting Highlands and the UK in general.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Amazing B&B, great hosts and an excellent view. The room was comfortable and spacious, and we had an amazing view across the Loch. The breakfast was great. One of the best stops on our tour of Scotland.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Emma and Andrew were extremely helpful and kind. We had the misfortune of the bike rack breaking during the day and Andrew went out of his way to find me some tools to adjust the bikes properly so they could fit in the car. Rooms and ensuite was clean and breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Could not recommend this B&B and the owners more highly and it fully deserves the 5 stars. If I could suggest one thing, that would only be to have larger bath towels for showering but perhaps I noticed this more as I am so tall!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Griffith, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Amazing views over looking loch curran from you room this B&B certainly has the wow factor it's also a working family farm
we also booked in advance and needed to change dates which was no problem for Emma to
re arrange for us a wonderful traditional cooked scotch breakfast was included Andrew and Emma were happy to chat with us if we're ever in Scotland again I would love to stay longer this B&B is family and couple friendly

Room Tip: There are only 2 rooms available both have fantastic views take you pick
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Loch Dubh? Share your experiences!