“Top class” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Terrace Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Magherafelt
The Terrace Hotel
You added The Terrace Hotel to your Saves list
42-48 Church Street, Magherafelt BT45 6AW, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Magherafelt
“Top class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

Just spent several days in Ireland on business - and had an excellent stay at The Terrace Hotel - a real find. I've stayed in several nearby towns in the past but I'll definitely be back to for my future trips. The rooms are very comfortable and clean with Good size plasma tvs and free wifi - I've seen more basic four and five stars on my travels. Breakfast and dinner were both excellent - loved the extra fresh coffee on offer in the morning and the great Guinness in the bar at night!
Will be booking again soon

• Stayed October 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Magherafelt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

At the minute The Terrace is currently running a special offer off 2 can dine for £10, so my partner and I thought that we would avail of this offer. All I can say is, " Oh my God, stay well away, the food was totally disgusting " ! I made my complaint known to the waiter at the bar as no member of staff ever came to our table to see if everything was ok. The very same waiter then told me that I would have to pay for my meal as he just worked there and could not give a refund or amend the bill. I asked to speak to the chef and was told I couldn't as he was a foreigner who could not speak English, hello ! In the end the waiter brought back my meal to the chef who refused to come out of the kitchen. The bill was amended. On top of all this the bar area was very noisy with unruly children and it was freezing cold. Needless to say we would never go back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
PMcCl, Owner at The Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2010
Sorry you had a problem with your meal - but as far as I can understand it was only your side order of mashed potatoes which were not to your satisfaction, which was indeed compounded by your misunderstanding of our current offer. You and your partner had not ordered from our 2 for £10 menu, as you stated in your review.
Also, the unruley children you refer to were staying guests along with their parents in the hotel. They were in a 'public bar' and were entitled to be there as they were also dining. Having witnessed them myself earlier in the evening and the next morning when they checked out I would have to defend them and say they were well behaved.
Finally, with regards to our chef, he can speak English, and yes he is a foreign national. As an employer we have always and will always continue to recruit and employ staff based on their abilities and suitablility for the job, regardless of race or creed.
Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I will always seek to stay here when i am visiting either for pleasure or business.
We were here for a wedding, i had with me my elderley parents and teenage son, we had come over on the night ferry and were at a bit of a loss as to where to go. The man in charge on the reception immediately knew our plight and could not have been more helpful or more accommodating.
Superb rooms, fully meeting with my lad's approval and my parents too. Everything was well maintained and clean.
Enjoyed listening to a band that was playing in the function room.
The price was very reasonable, no cmplaints at all.
The Bar had excellent, again well priced, food and perfect Guinness
Best place I've ever stayed.
My only hesitation in placing this review, is a selfish one because i would like to keep it to myself, however, having treated us so well it is the least I can do to repay them.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
campello
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

The bedroom was spacious with copious hot water on the plus side.On the negative side,the net curtains were filthy,the bathroom door had a broken lock,and only one light was working in the bathroom.The staff however were great.The young man who works on reception on Saturday nights was very obliging.On the sunday night there appeared to be only one member of staff who was on reception,covering the bar,and also vacuuming reception!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Worksop, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

The hotel is perfect the staff the facilities food and all are brilliant, a must place to stay in ireland and i know i have stayed all over the beautiful ireland north and south.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I'd asked for a quiet room when I booked. The reception staff changed me to an excellent and spacious room to the rear of the hotel which had a mezzanine level - it was a fabulous room. The reception staff were professional, friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was delicious. I hope to return.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

Travelled from Scotland and had a pleasurable stay in the Terrace hotel. Easy access to town centre was great,the rooms were clean and of a good size and most important i had a great nights sleep. Staff were helpful and welcoming both on arrival and checkout. Breakfeast was also of a high standard. And carparking at the rear was a good bonus. Would definatly stay again and have already recomended to friends and family .

• Stayed April 2010

Been to The Terrace Hotel? Share your experiences!