“Birthday meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Castledawson, United Kingdom
“Birthday meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had a birthday meal for my daughter’s 17th birthday at Simplicity. There were 6 of us in the party and we arrived unannounced. As we discussed what we wanted, one of the chefs came to our table to share recommendations, a lovely touch. Food was tasty, hot and plentiful. Choices included cod, salmon, steak, and gougons as well as a variety of sides. Table was quickly cleared in preparation for dessert. The staff were patient and helpful, even surprising my daughter with a Happy Birthday song and some tasty fudge cake. We didn’t feel hurried but we did feel very full!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cookstown, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have never ate in Simplicity before, myself and a group of ladies went to the restaurant for a birthday party.Where do I start the menu was fantastic, and myself and friends could not believe how affordable it was! We will be back to eat in this restaurant again. Getting back to the food, our table couldn't have asked for much more, the food was absolutely beautiful, portion sizes were spot on,and not to forget the how impressive some of the food looked. The service was brilliant, the young man serving us was outstanding and very funny. I would have no hesitation to recommend this restaurant to anyone, and hope to pay a visit again soon.

Northern Ireland
“Terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Restaurant has a good menu, very affordable and good appearance but service was awful. My boyfriend and I ate in simplicity last November along with our 3 month old baby daughter who was sleeping in a pram at the end of the table. We were sitting in one of the booths and could not put our pram anywhere else. The waitress who came to take our order came over to the table and stood saying nothing with a scowl on her face until we moved the pram, she then preceded to take our order very rudely. When she came over to serve our drinks she again stood saying nothing glaring at us as we had moved our daughters pram back to the end of the table. Unfortunately I will never be returning to this restaurant again, which is a shame as the food was good. I do believe if I had have been served by a different waitress I would not be writing a review like this.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Derry, United Kingdom
“Well Improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Although this restaurant doesn't look very impressive from the outside, it is very tastefully decorated inside. Tables are nicely spaced, so you are sitting on top each other. They have an early bird menu from 5 - 6.30pm and if you buy a main course, you get a free soup and desert which is very good value.

The food is well improved from we last visited. The soup was absolutely beautiful, and both our main courses were very tasty and much better portions than the previous time we visited. Our deserts were really nice too. I would have no hesitation recommending this restaurant, although a bit pricey if going after 6.30 pm.

Northern Ireland
“Super lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

A group of 8 enjoyed a 2 course lunch in Simplicity. Free starter with a main - only 2 choices, but those of us who went for the fish cakes or soup enjoyed them. The mains were well received and all enjoyed. Great lunch menu and very good price. Service could be a bit friendlier - felt we were a bit rushed, but the ladies were pleasant enough. Would go back and it was a lovely lunch - good portion size!

• 4 of 5 stars Food