“Far more than we expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Retreat Greyabbey Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greyabbey
The Retreat Greyabbey Bed & Breakfast
You added The Retreat Greyabbey Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
13A Blackabbey Road | County Down, Greyabbey BT22 2RH, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Greyabbey B&B and Inns
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Far more than we expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

What a welcome we received from Barbara &Bill. They made us feel so comfortable,nothing was too much for them. Excellent accommodation,very clean & cosy. The entertainment from Bill was a surprise and really made our stay. We just want to go back, we feel we made friends and would highly recommend this B&B. Vi Sharon & Joanne. Bangor.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our second stay at the "Relaxing Retreat" .. forget traditional B&B accomodation, At Barbara & Bills you receive 4 star attention from the time you arrive until you sadly have to leave. All the rooms are well appointed, spacious, immaculatly decorated and furnished in a style that makes a statement .. "You will relax and enjoy your stay with us". Bill's splendid breakfast meal certainly set us up for the day, a much welcomed choice of food, cooked to perfection whilst we chatted, nothing was ever too much trouble.Lot's to do, lot's to see when you go out exploring, be it walking by the sea at Portaferry, shops and harbour at Bangor or a lovely drive around the Lough road to Belfast. Returning back in the evening you are met by the welcoming wood burning stove in the hallway as it greets you with its warmth and flickering flames. Then being able to share our wonderful days events with our hosts over a glass of wine proved to be so comforting. Then it's time for my wife to enjoy one of Barbara' relaxation treatments, it was without doubt worth every penny, it felt truly amazing and would truly recommend the experience as a worthwhile pampering. Barbara and Bill always have time for you whatever the time of day, always providing a genuine feeling of real hospitality found no where else in our countless travels around the globe. We will return yet again next year, make sure you do too ...

Room Tip: All rooms provide a quiet relaxing stay
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Banbridge, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Everything about The Retreat is just perfect. From the moment we arrived Bill and Barbara made us feel so welcome and relaxed. Our room was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean with lovely little touches - chocolates in the room, herbal teas and lovely fluffy bathrobes. Our break began as soon as we stepped through the front door and saw the fire burning and were handed a cup of tea. Bill and Barbara were happy to give us our own space or to keep us company and we really felt we'd known them for years and ended up chatting the night away and even having a bit of a sing song! The next morning was equally relaxed - so much so that I appeared in one of the fluffy robes and Barbara got me a rug to snuggle up in!!!! After one of Bill's yummy breakfasts we had a lovely walk on the beach before - reluctantly - packing up to go. I would recommend The Retreat to anyone - whether its for a romantic break or a girlie weekend with Barbara's treatments followed by a glass of wine by the fire. Greyabbey is a beautiful village - the ruins of the abbey are just beautiful and its easy to pass an afternoon wandering the antique shops. What makes The Retreat really special though are the hosts - I can't wait to go back! Visit The Retreat - you won't be let down!!! :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had high hopes of my three night relaxation break at The Retreat, and Bill & Barbara managed to exceed them! It was a wonderful experience, with spotless, comfortable accommodation, wonderful treatments, great food, and all the thoughtful little extras that make a stay so special...and possibly the friendliest hosts you will ever encounter!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bushmills, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

My boyfriend booked a 3day romatic break at the Retreat as a surprise for me. And what a surprise it was. The easy way to describe the experience would be an 'all inclusive b&b' with the added bonus of relaxation treatments. Breakfast at any time, lunch at anytime and a romantic candle-lit dinner in the evening, I was in heaven!!!
The fresh flowers and fruit in the room were very welcoming and we were always made to feel at home with Bill and Barbara.
The next time I come back to Greyabbey I will be with the girls......as the location, the attention to detail and the treatments are a winning combination for a girlie break!
See you soon Bill and Barbara!!

Lynne x

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Well what can i say...talk about home from home :-) even had Bill bring me a cushion for my feet and lifte my legs to put my feet up to relax after my massage,with a lovely glass of wine.
My husband was not keen on a BnB because he said its in someones home and in their space.But a 3 day booking went to four! they give you space when you want it and chat and even a sing song when you want it.
I am always worried about cleanliness but OH MY WORD even the Queen would be happy here.Both hosts were so attentive to our needs and we even had an evening meal,which kept us chilled out.Loved the crazy golf close by and never laughed so much there and felt so much better on leaving.Infact had a tear in my eye...like leaving a good friend.I was more comfortable and slobbed out on their sofa than i am with some friends i know,so that says alot.Will certainly return to such good value for money,and top notch food,cleanliness.......and the list goes on!Thanks to you both for your care to us and our daughter you are "simply the best"!!!!better than all the rest la la la la :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I booked in a few weeks ago at The Retreat for the 3 day package with breakfast, lunch , dinner and treatments included. I wanted to escape for a while from home as I was in the middle of house renovations and in need of some valuable 'me' time.I was the only guest in the house for the 3 days which was fine for me.
Firstly, i agree with all the previous reviewers that Barbara and Bill could not be better hosts. The food was excellent and Bill's love of cooking was obvious in the beautiful presentation. Full marks! Once I stepped into Barbara's treatment room with its gorgeous views of the countryside I felt my whole body relax. Barbara is a highly skilled therapist and delivers a personally tailored treatment.....nothing standard here!. After 3 days of this pampering I was ready but very sad to be on my way home. I will return certainly as I rate the experience very highly and consider the package extremely good value for money. ( Had an almost similar package in Galgorm recently but prefer the more personal experience of The Retreat.)
The countryside around Greyabbey is beautiful and The Retreat is a short drive from a beautiful beach. It is the perfect place to escape to the country without having to travel for hours. I visited the beautiful house and grounds of Mountstewart which was a short drive away and spent a very pleasant afternoon there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Retreat Greyabbey Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!