This was our first visit to Sunnybank and hopefully not our last, we would certainly stay there again if in the area and would highly recommend it to anyone.
To start off with, the whole booking procedure (we booked through the website) was easy and a pleasure. Rachel and Jason were very communicable, offering us a choice of suites, the option of dinner and later the night before we arrived an update on our room and the chance to upgrade.
On arrival we were greeted with a warm welcome from Jason who showed us around and explained how breakfast worked. We were shown a couple of rooms and given a choice of either.
Both rooms viewed were of an excellent standard and immaculately clean. The room we chose was finished to a very high quality and offered complimentary items rarely found in other b&b's. There was a cafeteria with choice of coffees, choice of teas, lovely biscuits, we were offered fresh milk instead of the normal carton milk if we wanted it. The bathroom not only offered local toiletries, but also, cotton wool, cotton buds, wipes etc, very well equipped. The room was warm and the heat controllable by ourselves. The bed linen was of a high quality and laundered to a high standard.
Breakfast was beautifully prepared and of a very high standard, not your bog standard breakfast. We are both vegetarians and every effort was made to cater for us, the best quality available bought on our request specifically for us - what more could you ask for.
When Sunnybank is full, breakfast is served in shifts which you chose the night before on a first come first serve basis which works well. Everybody is seated at one large table, which may not be to everyone's taste, but once the ice has been broken it works perfectly well.
Sunnybank itself is in a lovely location with beautiful views. If you intend walking in to town you should be aware that it is at the top of a fairly steep hill so it may be fun on the way down but you have to get back up again ! Just take it slowly, it's well worth the walk :-)
Sunnybank is very well presented and the decor inside is Art Deco inspired and all done to a very high standard.
You could not ask for more welcoming and friendly hosts in Jason and Rachel, nothing seems to be too much for them.
We had a lovely couple of nights in a fabulous location where we felt warm and comfortable and very well looked after - thank you :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful and elegant boutique country guesthouse set in 'Last of the Summer Wine's' Holmfirth.Trip Advisor certificate of Excelence winners & listed in Sawday's Special Places to Stay, The Michelin Guide & the prestigious Good Hotel Guide 2013. Sunnybank offers a classic Yorkshire welcome in a relaxed & informal environment.Luxurious accommodation, glorious views and serving top quality local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Sunnybank Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunnybank Guest House Hotel Holmfirth
- Sunnybank Guest House Holmfirth, England