“5 Star B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Calf Hill Bed and Breakfast Holmfirth

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holmfirth
Calf Hill Bed and Breakfast Holmfirth
You added Calf Hill Bed and Breakfast Holmfirth to your Saves list
8 Lower Hagg, Holmfirth HD9 3UD, England   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Holmfirth B&B and Inns
“5 Star B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Cannot recommend this B&B highly enough. Beautiful house in wonderful setting.
The rooms are clean comfortable and of a very high standard.
Sue the owner was attentive to all our needs.
Would definitely come back if needing to stay in the Holmfirth area

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
susan s, Owner at Calf Hill Bed and Breakfast Holmfirth, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments. I am so glad that you liked your stay, please do come back!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
CARDIFF. WALES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Now I have one or two down points which will not be mentioned as I feel it may put someone off and that is not why I write this. Those points would not effect your stay in any way and the overpowering pleasantness and service by the owners far outweighs any petty observations by a grumpy guest! The cottage suite is fine with a rather lovely bath which fills pretty easily and it;s great to see a b and b not trying to save water and energy by giving you a small bath.. (there is a shower too in an adjacent room) Bed fine and plenty of plugs, extension lead in drawer. Good facilities including tea/coffee makings. . Breakfast extremely adequate with loads of choices of food. Well cooked and well presented. (They would like you to order your cooked breakfast items the day before though) One petty comment but extremely important to me. It was the first B and B I have stayed at that actually gave you what you asked for in boiled eggs. In fact I would go so far as to say, if one were to ask for a medium rare boiled egg, you'd get it! Nice, non greasy English breakfast served hot and was eagerly looked forward to. Salmon and other items available on a first class breakfast menu. We ate on a communal table, which I love as it's nice to chat with other guests and hear their observations on the area. Mind you re breakfast I never understood why three had cups and saucers each day and one had a mug. The next day I had the mug. I was told by someone who know much more about these things than me that it is a quirky and modern thing to do. The proprietors are keen to assist your experience of their area of which they are very proud. (and so they should be) Car parking is limited but there is plenty of space on the roads nearby so not a worry. It's a nice location with plenty of countryside around. All in all I thought Calf Mill good value and I would thoroughly recommend it, but, one thing, take a pair of slippers with you. You have to take your shoes off on arrival. They are houseproud and why not?!.

Room Tip: Only two suites.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed here for two weeks for a language homestay. The moment I entered the house it felt like home. Everything is just beautiful. You have lots of places where you can sit in front of the ofen, read a book or watch TV. Sue is a very alert hostess. You wont be in need of anything while she is around. Everyone who stayes there should try the English breakfast. It is delicious.
I advise you to go for a walk in the area surrounding the house. It is really relaxing to explore the woods and the field. Even more if you go with Gipsy, Sues' and Toms' the dog. If you do not know where to go in the evening you can just ask. There are plenty of places in Holmfirth worth visiting.
I recommande Calf Hill to everyone and for any occasion.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Just come back from staying here for 1 night after having done the winery tour in Holmfirth (which is also very nice!). My husband and I stayed in the Garden Suite and found the bedroom to be lovely and the entire property to warm and welcoming. Sue was a pleasant host and the little touches of fresh coffee and scones on arrival are perfect. A spotless Bed and Breakfast that has a high level of character and understated luxury. Very nice!
Would also recommend any guests to eat at the Mezze in Holmfirth and go for the mixed Meze - very tasty!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and I am so glad that you enjoyed staying with us.
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed Friday & Saturday in the Garden Suite when we attended a concert at the Picturedrome. On arrival we were welcomed and shown to our room which was beyond our expectations, spacious and very comfortable. Sue made us coffee (which came with scones).
Good choice for breakfast, we chose the full English which set us up for the day. The night of the concert Tom drove us into Holmforth and dropped us at the door of the pub across the road from the Picturedrome.
We are so glad we stayed for two nights, Sue and Tom were lovely hosts. All in all a great weekend and we would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I spent 4 nights at calf hill with our 18 month old daughter, and it was one of the best places we've stayed in. We had just come from a seven hour over night flight from America and were so happy to see what was waiting for us. Beautiful room with a Very comfy bed, lovely warm hosts, and a wonderful full English with home made bread. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. (In fact we might go back in a few weeks!)

• Stayed January 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Garden Suite for 3 nights on the Friday/Sat/Sunday immediately after Christmas. Our daughter lives nearby and all the family were in Yorkshire, having travelled from Wales, London, Stoke on Trent and in our case, Norfolk to spend a few days with her and her husband. We decided to stay at Calf Hill, as a refuge from all the noise!
Well, what a lovely place to stay. Our room was extremely spacious with a lovely comfortable bed and all home comforts, plus the bonus of a tasty breakfast each morning. Sue and Tom (and Raphael on this occasion) are really friendly. It was very peaceful and quiet with beautiful surrounding countryside but with the benefit of being close to Holmfirth and all it's amenities.
We will definitely be recommending Calf Hill to our friends and family.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Calf Hill Bed and Breakfast Holmfirth? Share your experiences!